Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

The whole thing was funny in a way. You see Lacus whine and whine about Destiny plan, and all the other stuff, chain reaction of attacks. Does someone need to remind her that people in PLANT, her adoring fans just got toasted? Or was it because the people who got toasted weren't her fans to start with. ;)

NOT FAN OF LACUS SAMA? THEN YOU DIE. CALL OUT THE DOM TROOPERS.

Effect, I also hope that the requime can get off at least one or two more shots, after all, even GENESIS got in two shots. I'm surprised though, seem like EA forgot about their nukes.

Next Episode, we get Girty Lue again. YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Just to note a few things...

-The base Dullindal was in is called "Messiah". And yes, he does have his "Emperor's chair" in there.

-The intended target was Aprilius, home of the Supreme Council.

-The PLANTs that were hit were Janarius 1- 4, December 7-8.

-"Destiny Plan" appears to be a way to pre-determine everyone's life according to their genes. Kinda like making everybody into Ultimate Coordinators, except their lives are pre-set for them, unlike Kira who grew into his world. Kinda like "Gattaca". Naturals get wiped out, Coordinators get eliminated as well because many of them are born with imperfections or don't follow what was mainipulated in their genes. Everybody comes out perfect and fills the choosen role. You can't grow beyond your role in life. So if you're made to be a bum on the street, you will be a bum on the street for life. You can't grow out of that role since it's not in your genes.

- Requiem uses abandon/old/hollowed out colonies with some special equipment as reflectors. And from the data Rey got, they can shoot anywhere, even Earth.

-All of this comes almost too well for Dullindal. Hence his acting, his smirks, everything. Almost as if he planned it all out.

Edited by azrael

this is just my opinion:

shin defeated kira only because they wanted kira to get a new gundam. (it had to be destroyed cus freedom would be too cool for any secondary character)

kira destroyed savior only because they wanted Athrun get a new gundam. (he only gets red gundans, it almost like those sentais where the red mech pilot wears red uniforms, wait... he does it)

shin got a new gundam but they had lunamaria to pilot shin old gundam. (impulse wasn´t very cool so it was aceptable)

new gundam= new toys= more money. that´s it.

Dullindal's new chair screams Emperor, just in white. Very cool. That fortress sure looks like it has a BFG on it.

Anyone else think that missing Aprilius was deliberate? I hesitate to think it missed Aprilius that bad, yet hit Januarius 1-4 so perfectly. Either that or Yzak and co. did a good job knocking that relay off track. Loved Yzak and Dearka's new customs.

Next episode looks like it'll be nuts. EA throws the kitchen sink at Zaft to defend the moon base. We get blast impulse again too. Rey get to use his Dragoons finally.

Gundamofficial says the PLANT's are all at Lagrange point 5, and there are apporximately 120 of them, split up between the 12 "cities" named after the calendar months.

Januarius's specialty is Basic and applied microengineering.

December's specialty is Elementary Education.

A new type of space settlement, created chiefly by Coordinators. Roughly 120 of these constructs are gathered at Lagrange point 5, a gravitationally stable area in Earth orbit, and these settlements have become a new homeland for Coordinators fleeing the persecution they experienced on Earth. As their name suggests, the PLANTs were created to serve as research and manufacturing sites, but their unique design also enables them to recreate a lush natural environment, with abundant vegetation and open water.

These hourglass-style structures consist of two disc-shaped living areas, each ten kilometers in diameter, which rotate around a central hub to produce artificial gravity. Each living area is anchored to the hub by a 30-kilometer central shaft and a network of high-tension strings, and a high-speed elevator runs up the central shaft to provide access to the hub. A set of external mirrors, attached to the central hub, are used to reflect sunlight into the inner surfaces of the living areas.

The PLANTs are grouped into twelve sectors, or "cities," each with its own scientific or industrial specialty. These cities are named after the months of the Roman calendar, and each is made up of roughly ten individual PLANT settlements, which are referred to as Januarius One, Januarius Two, and so forth.

Sector  Specialties

Januarius

City  Basic and applied microengineering

Februarius

City  Basic and clinical medicine, biochemistry, molecular biology, applied somatology

Martius

City  Aerospace engineering, shipbuilding

Aprilius

City  Astronomy, astrophysics, cosmology, space planetary science, space life sciences

Maius

City  Applied mechanical engineering, basic and applied metallurgy, applied materials engineering, robotics engineering

Junius

City  Basic and applied agricultural science, social engineering

Quintilis

City  Basic and applied chemistry

Sextilis

City  Basic physics, theoretical physics, particle physics, higher-dimensional physics, mathematics

September

City  Electronics, information engineering, artificial intelligence engineering, information science

October

City  Social sciences

November

City  Multipurpose practical industrial engineering

December

City  Elementary education

Dullindal's new chair screams Emperor, just in white.  Very cool.  That fortress sure looks like it has a BFG on it. 

Anyone else think that missing Aprilius was deliberate?  I hesitate to think it missed Aprilius that bad, yet hit Januarius 1-4 so perfectly.  Either that or Yzak and co. did a good job knocking that relay off track.  Loved Yzak and Dearka's new customs. 

322270[/snapback]

It's a trig problem. If it's off by only little, that can mean a lot. Yzak's group probably only knocked the relay point by no more than a few degrees but that was enough to alter the end results (Think trig and how to measure a height of a tall building with a broomstick, like this one http://science.howstuffworks.com/question379.htm).

Edit: Although I can understand that everyone is in a state of shock on Minerva, but, I'm surprised that no one has questioned how Rey knew exactly how Requiem works (He even refers to Geschmeidig Panzer reflection armor directly) only after a short time after the incident. We as the viewers know, but it hasn't clicked in anybody's head on that boat. Not even Yzak or Dearka knew and they were at the relay point.

Edited by azrael

That's true, he even had a nice diagram to show Shinn and Luna. He knew exactly how the damn thing worked, while everyone else was still reeling from the attack. He even showed where all the relays were! He knows way too much on that one. No way he got an intel report that fast either. Heck, Dullindal was still waiting for HIS report.

Also note how quickly he tied Djibril's escape to the Archangel. Rey essentially told Shinn and Luna that they failed to capture Djibril because of the AA's intervention, now look what happened. Keep them nice and angry at the AA.

That weapon is crazy. It can hit anything. That's also right about the trig, especially with something of that scale. Destroying the one relay point won't solve anything realy, since they'll use the other points.

That's true, he even had a nice diagram to show Shinn and Luna.  He knew exactly how the damn thing worked, while everyone else was still reeling from the attack.  He even showed where all the relays were!  He knows way too much on that one.  No way he got an intel report that fast either.  Heck, Dullindal was still waiting for HIS report.

Also note how quickly he tied Djibril's escape to the Archangel.  Rey essentially told Shinn and Luna that they failed to capture Djibril because of the AA's intervention, now look what happened.  Keep them nice and angry at the AA.

That weapon is crazy.  It can hit anything.  That's also right about the trig, especially with something of that scale.  Destroying the one relay point won't solve anything realy, since they'll use the other points.

322311[/snapback]

This is just the story going totally amok, Rey is going to end up as one of the penultimate bad guys, and it won't even make any sense. Bah, it's not as if I expected a good story at this point anyway. They could have Kira kissing Athrun in the lips next episode, and it wouldn't surprise me.

As for the weapon, I can buy the concept of a reflective array, except light doesn't bend that far in a single cylinder, and then still go through For that to happen, the beam will hit the cylinder again. Ah well, it's like Bling Gundam physics, it doesn't have to make sense, just as long as it works like the idiots in charge thinks it ought to.

Hmmm, you know if it's 120 cylinders, minus Junius 7, we still have something like 110 cylinders left. That's a lot, somebody blow up some more cylinders. Hmmm, speaking of the cylinders, from Rey's diagram, the PLANTS seem to be fairly spread out, unless those symbols depict stationary military target. But then, that just goes to show you how pathetic EA's nuke attack was. They should've come in from dozens of axis and avoided having the neutron stampeder being able to take out everything from on direction.

And dammit, EA should've targeted December colonies instead, kill off all the basic educators... ha ha ha ha :lol:

I just skimmed the episode again, and right before the beam fires they do show the relay shift a little from Yzak group's garrage.

They sure expanded on that beam bending tech they introduced with the Forbidden Gundam.

I just skimmed the episode again, and right before the beam fires they do show the relay shift a little from Yzak group's garrage.

They sure expanded on that beam bending tech they introduced with the Forbidden Gundam.

322386[/snapback]

Yeah - I think a zaku dropped a gernade, and deaka fired all of his missiles on a braking thruster, which probably shifted the entire colony. At the distances that the beam was being used (in the 100,000s of miles), a simple 0.1 degree shift can mean that the beam is off by thousands of miles.

Realistically speaking, this weapon would be absolutely useless, since it would be impossible to aim. In order to even make it work, it needs a sheer amount of precision (down to thousanths or millionths of degrees), some way of positioning itself so precisicely when there is almost no reference points in space, and that you have to compensentate for gravitational drift (since the foci fo the beam aren't at any of the laGrange points).

Then again, exactly how much can be realistic in a show about giant piloted robots anyway.

Here is a fun little question, you saw the beam slice through several colonies like it was been swept across. From the angle of the hit, we can rule out the targets being in the line of fire. So, how exactly are they bending that beam and sweeping it as it was fired?

May be that's what having the thrusters are good for. Moving the thrusters can alter the beam path... Heh heh, another conundrum.

Also note how quickly he tied Djibril's escape to the Archangel.  Rey essentially told Shinn and Luna that they failed to capture Djibril because of the AA's intervention, now look what happened.  Keep them nice and angry at the AA.

You say it like it wasn't a truthful observation.

Cute how the Archangel gang witness the deaths of millions, yet can't even bring themselves to really care. A madman just committed one of the greatest attrocities the Cosmic Era has ever seen, but all they do is take a minute to be gloomy then they're back to their vendetta against the Chairman, listening to Lacus' wild guesses and assumptions and high-fiving each other at the prospect of going after Dullindal.

Hell, he tried to have them killed (not that they have anything silly like proof of that), that plus an old notebook found on a long abandoned colony obviously is concrete evidence that he is evil incarnate looking to rule the human race as Emperor and much more important an issue than a genocidal maniac with a super weapon!

Is Meyrin so heartless that a devastating blow taken by her homeland means nothing to her?

(I'd say yes when you take into account early in the series how she didn't even bother to visit her sister when she nearly died, and that she had no problem at all sitting on the bridge of the Archangel while it tried it's best to kill the Minerva, a ship full of all her friends, comrades and family since Lunamaria wasn't launched until the end of the battle)

You say it like it wasn't a truthful observation.

Cute how the Archangel gang witness the deaths of millions, yet can't even bring themselves to really care. A madman just committed one of the greatest attrocities the Cosmic Era has ever seen, but all they do is take a minute to be gloomy then they're back to their vendetta against the Chairman, listening to Lacus' wild guesses and assumptions and high-fiving each other at the prospect of going after Dullindal.

Dullindal didn't seem to care as well, if you didn't notice.

Is Meyrin so heartless that a devastating blow taken by her homeland means nothing to her?

322413[/snapback]

Considering how 2 people she's known for 2 years almost killed her, her own government wanted her dead with Athrun, even she understands more of what is at stake.

They probably do grieve for the lost of innocent life, but then they realize there is more at stake. All of ZAFT is going to be acting on revenge. This is exactly what happened after "Break the World". Acting on revenge won't solve anything. Eventually, more innocent lives will be lost and then there will be no innocents left. Everyone will be to blame.

I have not been a big fan at all of the AA in this series primarily during the earlier Orb arc mess. IMO they have made several thing way more chaotic or dragged out than it needed to be.

When Cagalli took over again she could have broadcasted to Zaft "Hey I'm back in charge, I arrested Yuna, I want Djibril out of my country too. We will track him down, you guys can watch for escape craft."

Even if it didn't work, at least she would have tried. Instead they focused on fighting Zaft back and didn't even try to coordinate Djibril's capture properly. Not that many resources were used to actually find him. Every one of those Orb officers that helped Djibril are complicit and probably BC too.

That aside, things as they are, Dullindal still obviously knew about the Requiem and let it fire. Now he has an excuse to crush the entire moon base into nothing. They could completly wipe the base out and it won't cover a fraction of Plant's casualties. How else could those relay points all be set up with no one noticing? Because Dullindal and those in his group are complicit. Rey as well. Dullindal's looking at the officer to his right and then forcing out the "What just happened" is the clearest sign yet. Then look at how content he is in his Palpatine chair. All is as he has forseen.

After he crushes the moon base next episode the EA all the real meaningful resistance will be toast, and Dullindal can begin to assert his rule. So look for Zaft to splinter with groups joining the AA once Dullindal gets started.

He slipped regarding Lacus, but for now it's still under question which Lacus is real as far as the people are concerned. Orb is still EA, and just finished harboring Djibril, so having another Lacus pop up and say she's the real one will be met with question even if she is the real one. The people already accept Meer as the real one, so the real Lacus still has more to do outside of one speech. Meer has been in constant public eye. The real Lacus hasn't show her face to her own people in 2 years, so she shouldn't be surprized either.

Edited by Anubis

This month's DESTINY mag news

Hasty Dengeki Hobby summaries:

Phase-45 "The Overture Of Revolution" - PLANT is in an uproar thanks to the attack by the Requiem from the moon base. By Dullindal's decree, the entire ZAFT force launches for an attack. Yzak's team strikes the Faure, the relay point, and the order to attack the Requiem is given to the Minvera, which had just come to space...

Phase-46 "The Song Of Truth" - Under Dullindal's command, PLANT deals with the aftermath of the Requiem battle. Meanwhile, the Archangel, having been officially accepted into Orb's forces, enters the port of the free moon city Copernicus. Before Lacus and company head out, a red Haro carrying a message appears...

Phase-47 "Meer" - The Lacus assassination attempt using Meer was prevented but there was a sacrifice. Lacus' group returns to the Archangel and, reading Meer's diary, their thoughts linger. Meanwhile, Dullindal announces his "Destiny Plan" to an audience following the Requiem battle...

Phase-48 "To A New World" - The defense policy known as the "Destiny Plan", upon which the fate of humanity rests, is announced by Dullindal. It's said to match all of mankind with positions & roles that correspond to one's own abilities. For everyone to fight for a blessed world without war spoken of by the Chairman. Rey informs Shinn...

Edited by Anubis

A few more random notes (these are from a magazine but we will have to wait and see on it)

* Episode 49 - "Rey"

* Akatsuki will be equipped with a DRAGOON Striker pack. Probably the same type used on Legend and S-Freedom, i.e. can be used by anyone. (see link)

* A few notes indicate that Meer was sent to the Moon as bait. I guess Dullindal would figure Meer would try to contact the real Lacus eventually.

* ZAFT has control of all relay points in Episode 46. Minerva hides. Maybe Minerva is waiting for AA to show up.

* Meer's diary holds all of her experiences, the surgery/face-lift, the entire act of imitating Lacus, feelings for Athrun, etc.

I knew there was something fishy about that pack Akatsuki has it the opening.

http://img302.imageshack.us/my.php?image=a...dragoons6hi.jpg

Edited by azrael

So we know who will get the Akatsuki if that happens. :)

Poor Meer.

Akatsuki's sepcs:

ORB-01 Akatsuki

Height: 18.74m

Mass (dry): 69.6t

(with Sky pack): 87.82t

(with Space pack): 90.00t

-MSM5D 12.5mm CIWS x 2

-Type 73J2 dual-blade beam saber

-Type 72D5 "Hyakurai" beam rifle

-Model 71 defense shield

-Full body coating "Yata-no-Kagami*" anti-beam defense and reflection system

-Sky Pack "Oowashi" equipped w/ 73F-type modified high energy beam cannon x2

-Space Pack "Shiranui" (could be "Sirene") (Spoilers highlight to read)equipped w/ DRAGOON system: M531R Mobile Beam Cannon Station System (3 beam cannon  slots) x7 :)

See image from last post.

* http://www.isejingu.or.jp/english/myth/mybody4.htm

Sorry, lots of terminology that was done quickly from the place I got it from.

Edited by azrael

Just saw Djibril unload Requiem, all I can say is about f*cking time.

Looks like Gilbert wants to bring back the Tokugawa Shogunate, a ridgid class society. Wonder how much longer till Yzak and Dearka decide to follow their old boss again. Also looks like Gilbert has a Genesis on his little "Death Star."

Just how united is the Alliance this time? Parts of East Asia have gone over to ZAFT, haven't heard much from Eurasia aside from little brush wars popping up, and aside from Logos haven't heard jack from the Atlantic Federation. Is Daedalus, an Alliance facility or is it an Atlantic or Eurasian base?

So Akatsuki gets a DRAGOON system? Hopefuly a certain someone makes a few things possible with that thing.

Edited by Druna Skass

I give up. That last episode of Destiny bludgeoned me into submission with its stupidity. I don't have the strength left to fight SEED Destiny anymore, or even complain about it. I'll just meekly sit here and watch the remaining 8 episodes, praying for it to end quickly and relatively painlessly. Painlessly for me that is. I wish nothing short of an eternity of pain for the entire cast of Destiny.

When Cagalli took over again she could have broadcasted to Zaft "Hey I'm back in charge, I arrested Yuna, I want Djibril out of my country too.  We will track him down, you guys can watch for escape craft."

Even if it didn't work, at least she would have tried.  Instead they focused on fighting Zaft back and didn't even try to coordinate Djibril's capture properly.  Not that many resources were used to actually find him.  Every one of those Orb officers that helped Djibril are complicit and probably BC too.

322538[/snapback]

Ha, I already said that several pages ago. But Cagalli is dumb. She rather kick ZAFT out first and then negotiate. Idiot. Prolonging the battle for no good reason just because she's too stupid to make one lousy on air speech. Pride kills..... but as we see in cagalli's case, so does stupidity. :D

As for Bling gundam getting dragoons, bah, it can get a mini-Gensis as armament, but if it remains in the hands of the incompetent, it doesn't really matter. And one additional note, Orb is all of a sudden powerful again? It has it's own moon base? It doesn't seem right, if it was so damn powerful, why the hell is Cagalli so afraid of it getting trampled by EA?

Edited by kalvasflam

But Cagalli is dumb.

322676[/snapback]

Really, out of our entire brave cast here, Gilbert and Rey are the only people who aren't dumb.

And one additional note, Orb is all of a sudden powerful again?  It has it's own moon base?  It doesn't seem right, if it was so damn powerful, why the hell is Cagalli so afraid of it getting trampled by EA?

322676[/snapback]

I thought it said Copernicus was a free city, and that none of the major powers ruled there.

Anyhoo, even if Orb did have a moon base, it doesn't mean they're powerful. If said base only had, say, five Astrays, it's more of a footnote, and far down on Gilbert's list of "Places I Wish to Conquer."

you're right, it did say free city.  my misread there.

You're too generous, the entire cast are full of morons courtesy of bad writing.  Gilbert and Rey aren't exceptions, it's just that Cagalli stands out like a sore thumb, and easy to pick on.  heh heh.

322693[/snapback]

I dunno, Gilbert's managed to get an entire planet of retards to dance to his tune from the start of the show. I'm sure the writers forgot by now, but I'll bet that Gilbert was the one who allowed the EA the information they needed to steal Chaos, Abyss, and Gaia; and then arranged for the Zala supporters to drop Jenius 7 on Earth.

I dunno, Gilbert's managed to get an entire planet of retards to dance to his tune from the start of the show.  I'm sure the writers forgot by now, but I'll bet that Gilbert was the one who allowed the EA the information they needed to steal Chaos, Abyss, and Gaia; and then arranged for the Zala supporters to drop Jenius 7 on Earth.

322718[/snapback]

Speaking of writers forgetting, I wonder if we're ever going to see the Girty Lue again...

Has OST 3 come out yet? I want that song that plays when Cagali take the Akatsuki out.

Edited by Druna Skass

I dunno, Gilbert's managed to get an entire planet of retards to dance to his tune from the start of the show.  I'm sure the writers forgot by now, but I'll bet that Gilbert was the one who allowed the EA the information they needed to steal Chaos, Abyss, and Gaia; and then arranged for the Zala supporters to drop Jenius 7 on Earth.

322718[/snapback]

Speaking of writers forgetting, I wonder if we're ever going to see the Girty Lue again...

322733[/snapback]

Pretty sure it was in the ep. 45 preview.

Edited by Anubis

I wonder at this point what would need to go right on the storyline to salvage GSD. There is one or two plausible scenarios. The most plausible would be to end GSD on a cliffhanger. Although it's not likely, imagine if GSD ended with Gilbert firmly in control and EA completely decimated. i.e. it takes the next six episodes to finish off EA.

It would set up a great jump off point for a sequel, which would hopefully have a well thought out story that matches up to the mish mash of crap that we've been served so far. It would also not be without precedent to have the bad guys win, think 0083, essentially the Feddies won, and as a result, the Titans came about.

The other scenario is may be turn the last six episodes into a massive slugfest where just about everyone dies. Starting with the horrible sword slice that kills off Mwu for good. And the only survivor in the end I think ought to be Lacus just to show that she is in fact the most dangerous of the entire bunch.

And of course, poor Girty Lue will end up just like the Destroys, it'll show up for a 30 second cameo, long enough to be blasted to bits.

Edited by kalvasflam

I think the Alliance should be in total shambles, with OMNI completly smashed, but on the other hand ZAFT should be in a similar situation. With Djibril taking out a few more PLANTs with him. Then end it on a kind of cliffhanger with some people in either an Alliance or ZAFT uniform (prefably a Eurasian uniform) in a dark room, saying something to the extent of "It's our time now..." Just to show the whole thing is a never ending cycle.