Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

or shin will be redeemed suddenly and he will finish the holy trinity of gundam pilots...

kira = superman - wholesome and good. fights for good because he has the power

Athurun = wonder woman (heh). soldier with a conscience. believes in the motto: enforced peace

Shin = batman, driven by grief and guilt, he is the embodiment of rage and anger against an unjust world.

but I'm still hoping he gets knifed in the back by random MS

looking at that shot of Destiny and Freedom it makes me think each time when a picture like that shows up that the battle would be as beautiful as that, but it NEVER EVER IS!

I haven't seen a glorified Gundam battle since..........since........dammit someone help me out!

I mean k'mon.....I want a hard driven battle between those who stake their pride and life on the line. I want Kira to fight his damnest to put shinn out of his misery cause Dillandul's words are false and misgiven while Shinn wants to destroy Kira cause he's the only person who could stop him from making the perfect world a reality where he will never have to loose another person ever again too war.

The whole theory of a Char's Counter Attack esque movie from the Gundam SEED universe has always been brought up and it never stops. They do say that this will be the end of the Gundam SEED story, but yeah, like Poke'mon......milk the cash cow before her utters wilter.

I hope they pick some other team and animation group to produce a Gundam SEED movie...I really think that if the story had been kept, but we saw a different group entirely working on SEED, we could of had a much more broader spectrum of the series....that's why I think a different animation group, and director should lead the way towards a Gundam SEED movie, maybe not so much of a Char influence, but something with a dark and twisted nature to it....

Nice spoiler pic...hopefully that photo will just be the last episodes, 49 and 50...just ballz-out throw-down between Shin and Kira.

I'd like Kira to take the trophy cuz I think he's the better pilot. Killing your opponent in a battle to be victorious is one thing...but to win a battle by rendering your opponent useless, and not killing them is another level.

And I agree with Hikuro's mention of this second installment of SEED to have aspects taken from Char's Counter Attack, and the first series tremendously riding character development/plot/story from Gundam 0079.

So as usual, SEED's third installment will have some battles and leave us hanging in the end to wonder, wtf?

As for a glorious battle, I do hope that the animation team come up with something good for the end of Destiny.

It seems that the gundam mobile suits are getting better and better for every new show...so they better start showing-off spectacular "stuff"...to make you go "oh sh_t" during those late cold download evenings.

In the end, I think Amuro is still the best pilot. What ever happened to Amuro Ray?

Ha ha, I like this, Athrun is Wonder woman, a guess we're going with a little snip snip action.  ha ha.

Not even really necessary since writers already cut off Athrun's manhood long ago when they shifted the focus of the show to Kira "Jesus" Yamato.

There had better be NO recycled footage in the last ep. <_<

And there had better be one hell of a fight between Legend, S-Freedom, I-Justice and Destiny to make up for the crap we had to put up with for the last five eps.

Edited by kensei

I actually prefer Shinn to Athrun or Kira. Guess I'm the only one.

332118[/snapback]

Of all the pilots I've always liked Mwu the most, even as Neo he's more bad-ass than all the others, with Andy second. Shinn, Kira and Cagali all whine too much, and for most of the series Athrun was more confused than an MTV teeny-bopper trying to learn politics.

It's a real shame Rey had to interfear before Neo took Impulse apart with the Exass.

Shin won't die, because he's not a good enough hero to die, and not enough of a bad guy to die. They always spare the whiny babies. As for Kira and Athrun, I think they're past the point of getting killed straight up, maybe as a sacrifice.

But of course Luna is still the best (and cutest) character.

May pick up the HCM Pro Destiny tonight, not sure yet.

Graham

332118[/snapback]

I lost interest in Luna when her sister became the bold and daring character and she the flowerpot next to a leading character. Hope Luna makes a comeback.

I'll keep Gladys as my favourite Destiny character.

What ever happens, at least half of my dream came true (Stella's bloated carcas should be reemerging by now :lol: )

*smack*

Just had a flashback.

Just downloaded the Astray Red Promo.

In reference to SEED series, in the first few eps, what kind of weaponry were the GINNs using? Are laser and beam tech the same or not? Because I am confused as MAHQ and the Astray made the inference that ZAFT didn't have portable beam tech to use on their modbile suits, only the Earth Alliance did. Sure, when ZAFT stole four of the five GAT series they reverse engineered the tech., but don't you think that ZAFT implemented them unrealistically fast on suits such as the , GuAIZ, Bucue and LaGowe?

Given that we went from Ginn's with Vibrating Swords and Machine Guns to Mobile Suits with Funnels, Beam Shieds, and Ghost Trails then maybe not.

Zaft had some beam weaponry, but not the small scale beam rifles initially.

Both shows incorpated new tech at inhumanly unrealistic speeds. Especially Destiny.

40 Years of Universal Century technology compressed into 4 years in Cosmic Era time.

That was one of the problems with CE, they incorporated all the tech in way too quick.

Destiny had it right early on before they brought the Freedom in again, then it went downhill with the Freedom being SO powerful, and then bringing in the new Super 5 Gundams, and 3 seriously overpowered Doms.

No way in hell Akatsuki should have taken a shot from the Tannhauser without either being destroyed or suffering SOME damage at least. He took the shot without a scratch. While nice to have Mwu get his memory back, it still pissed me off. They've even made the AA and Eternal super-ships. Neither have gotten hardly any damage so far in 49.

Sandwhiched between the Zaft fleet and the Messiah they better take a pouinding next episode.

Edited by Anubis

In reference to SEED series, in the first few eps, what kind of weaponry were the GINNs using? Are laser and beam tech the same or not? Because  I am confused as MAHQ and the Astray made the inference that ZAFT didn't have portable beam tech to use on their modbile suits, only the Earth Alliance did. Sure, when ZAFT stole four of the five GAT series they reverse engineered the tech., but don't you think that ZAFT implemented them unrealistically fast on suits such as the , GuAIZ, Bucue and LaGowe?

332233[/snapback]

In the early eps of SEED you see GINNs equipped with ion cannons, but those are heavy weapons with their own power sources. ZAFT did not have beam rifle/saber technology until they stole the Gundams. And you're right, they did incorporate them incredibly fast onto their mobile suits. The Heliopolis incident occurs on January 25th, and by the time the Archangel lands in Africa on Valentine's Day, some of Andy Waltfeld's BuCUEs have already been refitted with beam sabers.

Do anyone know if Destiny is going beyond episode 50?

Short answer: No. Longer answer: Give it a year or 2 and see what happens.

In reference to SEED series, in the first few eps, what kind of weaponry were the GINNs using? Are laser and beam tech the same or not? Because I am confused as MAHQ and the Astray made the inference that ZAFT didn't have portable beam tech to use on their modbile suits, only the Earth Alliance did. Sure, when ZAFT stole four of the five GAT series they reverse engineered the tech., but don't you think that ZAFT implemented them unrealistically fast on suits such as the , GuAIZ, Bucue and LaGowe?

ZAFT beam weapons were large and kinda like a bazooka. It wasn't until they got their hands on the GAT series that they were able to shrink it down (ZAFT has a habit of being non-innovative...like Microsoft....they take ideas from other people and use it). The CGUE DEEP Arms was the first test, the GuAIZ was already in the pipe but it was only after the GAT-series that the GuAIZ came to it's present capabilities.

No way in hell Akatsuki should have taken a shot from the Tannhauser without either being destroyed or suffering SOME damage at least.

He's the man that makes the impossible possible....what more can I say... :lol:

But of course Luna is still the best (and cutest) character.

332118[/snapback]

You're not the only one who thinks that. But Shinn's character has been too bungled, even now, his character is not that well developed. BTW, even though Luna is ichiban kawaii, I think she still need to die tragically, but the writers seem to be coddling the fan favorites.

List of people that need to die:

Kira

Cagalli

Lacus

Athrun

Mwu

Rey

Dullindal

Talia

Luna

Yzak or Deakka

List of people that will probably die by the end:

Dullindal

Rey

Anubis,

As for taking a pounding, are you kidding? They should've been crushed last episode when they faced so many ZAFT ship. Having the Messiah doesn't mean a thing. They'll just tear through them. The problem is the poor story telling, they (eternal and AA) had real problems in Seed at the end even though they were part of a much larger battle. Now, they're the sole targets, so even if they are ultra souped up, they should've been crushed by the larger ZAFT fleet.

Edited by kalvasflam

So far I'm kind of dissapointed at how the last fight is turning out. I find it hard to believe, EVERY Alliance fleet has been wiped out. They should have had a few remaining fleets move in to support Archangel. It's what, about 30-50 ships total against over a 100 ZAFT ships? Granted they're mostly powerful Izumo-classes but still. I wanted to see a huge free for all with ZAFT against everyone else.

I think the problem with the overpowered suits was that Freedom and Justice were too powerful to begin with. At least the Alliance Gundams had a limited power source.

We can pretty much all agree the uber Gundam isn't Strike Freedom or Destiny but Akatsuki. What the hell was up with taking a positron cannon shot without even getting the paint job scorched. All that's left is for it to block a GENESIS shot.

They couldn't flsh Shinn's character out as much as they should have by the sheer intrusion the Archangel crew had on this show. It was going fine before then, but as soon as the spotlight had to be shared, the Minerva's character developement went out the window.

Back to Zeta again, the amount of screen time given to previous characters was nailed very well so far (I'm up to Ep. 21). Amuro had a couple episodes of doubt and then got back in his groove, but at the same time he never stole the spotlight.

That's about the level of involvement Kira should have had. Athrun as a main character was fine, as he was written in clearly from the beginning.

As for Destiny 49, I think theyu said in 49 that some EA remnant ships had lined up along with the Orb force.

And for kalvasflam, that's exactly what I meant, sorry if I didn't make it clearer. The AA and Eternal should have taken quite a bit of damage overall. :angry:

Out of all those MS not ONE Gunner Zaku could have got a good shot on either ship? Come on. Not to mention the sheer amount of Zaft vessels. Poor writing definately. Apparrently there is was even less chance of hitting the Meteors. They were by themselves even. The other ships went to the Requiem itself, and were somehow surprised when it had a beam shield. :huh:

I'm not happy the more I think about it. There needs to be some pay-per-view level slugfests nest ep.

Edited by Anubis

Back to Zeta again, the amount of screen time given to previous characters was nailed very well so far (I'm up to Ep. 21).  Amuro had a couple episodes of doubt and then got back in his groove, but at the same time he never stole the spotlight. 

That's about the level of involvement Kira should have had.  Athrun as a main character was fine, as he was written in clearly from the beginning.

332318[/snapback]

Speaking of Z, Amuro and Char's Counterattack, do you need to watch ZZ to understand Char's C? I'm more than halfway done with Z (great mecha designs :) ), but after reading so much against ZZ I think I'll pass for now (I have C'sC in my hands already but not ZZ). Would I miss much of the Amuro/Char relation skipping ZZ?

Back to Destiny: I'm affraid Ep 50 is going to be to much cramped full of stuff. They should have saved at least two episodes for the ending so as to not have it feel rushed. All that recap...

Concerning EA, I believe Murrue mentioned this but it doesn't really matter. EA is still around. They still have ships. Unfortunately, they don't have enough. They were not wiped off the chess board, but they don't have enough pieces to fight with. Whatever they could muster, it still won't be enough.

There was some smoke coming from AA when AA and Minerva were broad-siding each other. The damage they might have sustained might not have been that bad. Except for Minerva, the 2 ships never went up against any cap ships. Kira and Athrun were the ones who broke a hole to the 1st relay station.

They couldn't flsh Shinn's character out as much as they should have by the sheer intrusion the Archangel crew had on this show. It was going fine before then, but as soon as the spotlight had to be shared, the Minerva's character developement went out the window.

I don't think AA or the old cast has much to do with Shinn's development. In fact, they probably helped a little gear him toward the dark side. The sad thing about Shinn is that his character is that he became a puppet to the end. Shinn doesn't show any strong sign of resentment or agression toward his masters. Anytime he shows doubt, they ring him in. He never said no to any of them. I don't like how the writters kept that leash so short that you didn't need it at all. With Anakin, he came to the point where he had no choice save the one he loved or do the right thing. It was a no-win situation. With Shinn, it didn't work. There was a way-out. He just chose to listen to Rey only.

Speaking of Z, Amuro and Char's Counterattack, do you need to watch ZZ to understand Char's C? I'm more than halfway done with Z (great mecha designs  :) ), but after reading so much against ZZ I think I'll pass for now (I have C'sC in my hands already but not ZZ). Would I miss much of the Amuro/Char relation skipping ZZ?

No, ZZ has absolutely no links to CCA and is completely skippable - Char and Amuro make no appearances at all and the story does not lead into CCA at all. I'd also recommend skipping it simply because it's the worst Gundam tv series in existance.

About the only thing that happens in it is that it clears the Neo-Zeon deck for Char to make his (completely nonsensical and out of character) evil turn in CCA.

I don't think AA or the old cast has much to do with Shinn's development. In fact, they probably helped a little gear him toward the dark side.

The old cast had everything to do with his development because all the amount of time wasted on their garbage plot threads was time not spent developing the old cast, especially after the writers decided they wouldn't even bother spending what spare time they had left on the old cast and just made it into Gundam SEED: Kira and Lacus Are Always Right.

The sad thing about Shinn is that his character is that he became a puppet to the end. Shinn doesn't show any strong sign of resentment or agression toward his masters. Anytime he shows doubt, they ring him in. He never said no to any of them. I don't like how the writters kept that leash so short that you didn't need it at all.

Oh please. This is as bad a misuse of the word 'puppet' as the show itself makes.

'Puppet' implies he is under control, whereas Shinn has been convinced by Dullandil and Rey's arguements.

Convinced with quite solid logic I might add, unlike how Kira, Lacus and the old crew work entirely off baseless assumptions and outright paranoia (but surprise, they always happen to be right).

With Anakin, he came to the point where he had no choice save the one he loved or do the right thing. It was a no-win situation. With Shinn, it didn't work. There was a way-out. He just chose to listen to Rey only.

Anakin analogies :rolleyes:

It's ridiculous to even to compare because there was no "no choice" situation with Anakin, his turning evil was laughable bullshit that didn't even remotely make sense. He's literally good one minute, evil the next.

More laughable than the suggestion that Shinn should have listened to Athrun's complete insanity as a 'way out'.

especially after the writers decided they wouldn't even bother spending what spare time they had left on the old cast and just made it into Gundam SEED: Kira and Lacus Are Always Right.

If that's how the people making this show are going to do it, then who am I to argue. I have no involvement in this show except watching it and buying the models, i.e. spectator. You can keep arguing I wish they did this or that, but what's the point? The show is done. Let's just hope they do a better job later, if there is still a job.

Oh please. This is as bad a misuse of the word 'puppet' as the show itself makes.

'Puppet' implies he is under control, whereas Shinn has been convinced by Dullandil and Rey's arguements.

So where's the other side to their arguement? Oh right, they're being shot at all the time and being told that what they say is nonsense. He's being controlled by peer pressure. He's right, I think he's right, everyone around us thinks he's right, what do you think? Don't believe the other side because all they have is a theory.

You have one side that is pulling at you. The other side is offering you something to look at and consider. Shinn is the monkey in the middle. Or should I say, a monkey being pulled by one side from the middle. That's how I see it.

Anakin analogies :rolleyes:

Yeh well, if you don't like it, that's your call. But that's how I see it. And last I heard, I was entitled to my own opinion.

Edited by azrael

This combiner pic from 4chan is great. Go go Impulse.

Also, here's a lineart conversion for the Impulse that makes the Impulse pretty sweet. I like how Impulse looks normally, but this is nice. The wait is too thin for the Core Splendor though.

post-514-1127958156_thumb.jpg

post-514-1127958340_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis