auctions of great absurdity

kanata67

That auction was posted on Thursday, when eBay was offering a 10 cent flat fee for eBay store flat buyout price listings. Basically you get a bunch of eBay stores listing crap for ridiculous buy-it-now prices since it only cost them a dime for each item listed regardless of price.

^^^ I've purchased from Valktronics a few times and he's a good guy. He's always sold the MPCs at market price (~ $36.99 for a Ben, $45 for a Max). These listings are obviously errors since he's got other 'Archers for a fair price (and he lists pictures).

do you have to have a store to get that 10 cent listing?

i've been waiting forever for ebay to let me know i can have cheap listings so i can auction some stuff off.

i'm sure pretty soon, valktronics will have those auctions changed into something else soon.

i've been waiting forever for ebay to let me know i can have cheap listings so i can auction some stuff off.

Yes, that one-day-only deal was only limited to eBay store listings at fixed price.

eBay used to have free listing days right after Thanksgiving and Xmas but now that they've grown big, fat and lazy, they only offer discount on optional fees like Buy It Now or Gallery once in a blue moon. These announcements were always made less than a 24 hours before the deal takes effect so you really need to have your auctions ready to go if you want to wait for discount days.

Yes, that one-day-only deal was only limited to eBay store listings at fixed price.

eBay used to have free listing days right after Thanksgiving and Xmas but now that they've grown big, fat and lazy, they only offer discount on optional fees like Buy It Now or Gallery once in a blue moon. These announcements were always made less than a 24 hours before the deal takes effect so you really need to have your auctions ready to go if you want to wait for discount days.

Actually, it was open to anyone with Ebay account, not just the ones with Ebay store. The deal time was $.10 fix posting day. Basically you save on the posting cost only.

If it was only open to Ebay store owners, it would have been posted in Ebay store only and not on general store. Ebay usually send notices of there "special deal" approximately 24 hours prior to the deal to those that have there Email address lsited to receive promotions from Ebay (If you have this feature off, you will not be notified).

By giving only limited time period, only few that are not working full time jobs can post it through out the day. If you are working all day, you need to find other ways to maximize the deal.

Ebay store is not all that (Although, it may sound great in the begining), it does not get the exposure to general auction, unless general auction has less than 10 items found.

For example: You search VT-1 Bandai, you probably will get one or two search result. If the Ebay seller had a store, it will be listed as a store having the item for sale (No photos are displayed) result on the bottom.

Another example, if you search for VF-1A MAx 1/60, you probably will get 20 or more result. In this case, store item does not get display. Only the ones listed as general auction.

Ebay stroe is good for listing bulk items (For example 20 or more) and you list three or so on general auction and lead potential buyers to your store. Otherwise, you will be spending money on store fees and other cost related to owning the store.

I hope that helped.

Actually that is high, but not too way off of the prices being paid for VF-1S armor. Recetly, VF-1S have been selling around $75-90 easily. I am not justifying the price, I am just pointing out the fact that the demends are there.

Those armors were being sold for $15-17 just three or four months ago. :lol::lol:

Toynami and most of retail and online sellers have sold out on VF-1S Armors since several months ago.

The Toynami Appx A are going for insane prices. I remeber thinking people were crazy buying them for $75 a couple of months ago. To put it in perspective, I sell my MPC Roys for around that much!

Edit - holy jehovah! I thought my bid was pushing it on this auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?V...item=5908322991

Edited by fearyaks

If someone was stupid enough to bid on it, he'll be making plenty even after paying all the fees.

This listing is a blatant violation of eBay selling guidelines (items listed must be for sale and no "advertising" allowed where items are offered at a fixed price outside of eBay) but I bet you eBay won't pull it even if people report it because they'd have to refund the seller the listing fee they charged in order to pull the action, and at that opening bid amount, we're talking more than pocket change here.

The Toynami Appx A are going for insane prices. I remeber thinking people were crazy buying them for $75 a couple of months ago. To put it in perspective, I sell my MPC Roys for around that much!

Edit - holy jehovah! I thought my bid was pushing it on this auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?V...item=5908322991

Whoa. You gotta be kidding me. :blink: I can't believe those things are going for so much. Even on figuring on the generous side, he paid at least $200 more than what he would have paid separately.

• 2 weeks later...

OUCH, this need to go in the NOOOOOOOOO!! catagory......

It is wrong to see"ATTACHED THIGH BOOTS" in any auction..

I wanna see his S boomerang..... :lol::o

Edited by orguss01

Holy Crap!!! The guy auctioning this item is insane, but more so would be the buyer. I can understand wanting a low production number (this one is #12 of 15000), but c'mon, let be realistic about this. Bragging rights is one thing but stupidity is another...BIN $450.00!!! :blink:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5913182165&rd=1

Earlier post was for Max...I just located Milia and she is also #12 of 15000 going for the same BIN $450.00!!! :blink:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5913151378&rd=1

I know this guy. Some you know that I sell MPCs on eBay. I used to sell to this cat, and he'd pay immediately and turn it around and jack up the prices by $30 or so. He doesn't sell as much as I do but if you take a look at his past auctions, people do buy these things. $450 is insane but I wouldn't be surprised if he found a taker some time this month. I also wouldn't be surprised if the got these puppies off of eBay recently.

Also, regarding the MPC armor, it's insane how those prices have sky-rocketed. I luckily found a set for cheap (packaged with a VOL1 and a poor description). I haven't decided if I'll eBay it or sell an MPC set with it. I think it's become the most difficult piece to track down (even more than the bookends)!

:lol: but the guy has -1 feedback, even though that really was a stupid auction.

Okay, I have to vent (this post is not regarding any particular auction, but rather an individual Ebay member)...

Check out this c*cks*cker's bidding habits. He (or she) systematically "tests" high bids - I've seen this user bidding on many auctions, winning none. I'd imagine, were it an isolated case, that perhaps shill bidding is the object. However, this user is bidding on many different seller's items.

lohlohsohsoh

F*cker. It wouldn't annoy me so much, but I was carrying the high bid for the last couple of days, and this "person" placed 21 bids to test my resistance (I'm 'jeremymtc' on Ebay) :angry:. I'm all for a good simple snipe, but stuff like this is ridiculous.