auctions of great absurdity

kanata67

Hey I don't know if I should post this here but...

alpha sale  :huh:

Look at his feedback, he always blames lack of reading skills.

what's he up to?? :ph34r:

I dunno, but I found this kind of funny in his item description:

"...Detractable landing gear with authentic rubber tires."

:lol::lol::lol:

Well... the guy is a dork. I have a beef with people who pre-sell stuff on eBay but those people really did need to read the 'fine print'. I've checked 10/11 of the negatives and they were all on pre-orders.

tsk tsk... eBay really shouldn't allow pre-orders.

Is this one of those "boxes only" type of deals? If you get a set of empty boxes, there's nothing to complain, cause that's what the auction says, no? <_<

"What you see is what you get"

Good question. I have no idea who this person is but if you check their other auctions, those look legit (you see the items)...

Note - the 1/48s are also like this.

It's a bit risky since he's got a low feedback rating but those MPCs do look sealed.

Well that person IS selling some high end stuff. Is kind of interesting to me, that someone would buy such a high end directv receiver and then turn around and sell it brand new.

And I know this is only for macross stuff, but this is pretty funny to me, since brand new cards from directv are $20, shipping included and fedexed overnite.

access card

Edited by Horizons

nope, too fishy for just about everyone here. i have no desire to buy a bunch of boxes thats probaby going to cost more to ship than the auction is worth. 

Sigh... I live in that area and can pickup those 1/48s. Too bad I'm broke.

dude, i can almost guarantee thats an auction for a bunch of empty boxes. i emailed the seller asking what was included in the auction? what the condition of the valks were? if its was 100% complete? if anything was broken or missing? were the stickers applied or unapplied? you wanna know the reply i got?

Well you will get 1 vf-1a max 1 vf-1j whit super fast packs 1-vf-1s 1 vf-1a low viz 3 sets of 1/48 fast pack's and 1 set of clear fast pack from denkyjapan

didn't really answer any of my questions, he just copied and pasted what was in his auction description....which is as vague as an auction could be. :rolleyes:

so i asked again, heres the response i got.

yes

again, no answers to any of my questions. <_<

i'm surprised the auction is up to $200+....i can't wait to see the winners face when they receive a bunch of empty boxes from this dude. :lol:

400+ now.

go look at the other auctions hes got going....

NUMBNUTS AUCTIONS

look how detailed the voltron auction is compared to all the other auctions he got going. :rolleyes:

i'm still not buying it. :rolleyes:

if a MW'er wins any of this fools auctions, we'll see them on the blacklist. :p

added!

damn a MM'er got the high bid for this auction now, i hope he don't get jacked. :huh:

Edited by haterist

I was tempted to bid on four of his auctions but I had several red flags:

1) Pitiful description

2) Pitiful pictures

3) Odd/wrong location (Ontario California, did he mean Canada?)

4) Short and uninformative answers that too far too long to recieve

5) Unlisted shipping costs

6) Selling several high end electronics devices (he was selling 3 $400 gfx cards among others)

7) Possible shill bidding

8) Low feedback

9) No feedback from buyers

10) Member since April 04

Yeah that about sums it up. The temptation to get a "good deal" was crushed by the shadiness of the auction.

Sleddogg,

There is a city in Southern Cali called Ontario. I should know as I'm about 30 minutes away from there. I looked at her other auctions and the descriptions sound too erratic. I also emailed her but all she said was,

NO new in box sure guive me your email

For someone who put down such eloquent descriptions in one place and crappy descriptions in others he/she has either been recently debilitated or it is a scam.

Either way it is over now so who cares. Be interested to know though if Jole will get the items. How much cash does this guy have anyways? He is buying everything. :p

Sleddogg,

There is a city in Southern Cali called Ontario. I should know as I'm about 30 minutes away from there. I looked at her other auctions and the descriptions sound too erratic. I also emailed her but all she said was,

NO new in box sure guive me your email

For someone who put down such eloquent descriptions in one place and crappy descriptions in others he/she has either been recently debilitated or it is a scam.

Either way it is over now so who cares. Be interested to know though if Jole will get the items. How much cash does this guy have anyways? He is buying everything. :p

Yup...Let's hope things go well. I know it's risky. I keep you all update about this matter if you want.

As long as I am working, I am going to buy everything..... ;):p

I know Ontario is the city in southern Cal coz, I have relatives livng there about 15-30 minutes from there.

Don't bid while sleep deprived...

Here's an e-mail I got from the dude...

Hey was up i found out y you cancel the bid Retracted bid, thank god for MW! sorry i'm no so perfec like you , Alpha Hx, Haterist, Horizons. any way's Jole 727 got the item's but i not going to sell them to him i just hate pepole the judje whit out questions, can't wait what are you going to say to macrossworld thank you and have a good nite

Thank you,

gigglez127

Don't bid while sleep deprived...

Here's an e-mail I got from the dude...

Hey was up i found out y you cancel the bid Retracted bid, thank god for MW! sorry i'm no so perfec like you , Alpha Hx, Haterist, Horizons. any way's Jole 727 got the item's but i not going to sell them to him i just hate pepole the judje whit out questions, can't wait what are you going to say to macrossworld thank you and have a good nite

Thank you,

gigglez127

I think gigglez needs to take a few English classes. And a chill-pill. Maybe if he had made a little effort to provide accurate descriptions of his items or actually answered questions, he would've been able to sell his 1/48 lot without any hassles. Now, he's just going to be a baby about it. I hope that JoLe727 files a complaint against his dumb ass.

Wow, Jole did not say anything slandering. I don't see why he won't sell to him. I wonder if this guy does have the right to do that. It makes the guy look more suspicious though if he does not payout just because he went to this forum. Like if he did not have the items at all :D

Wow, Jole did not say anything slandering.  I don't see why he won't sell to him. I wonder if this guy does have the right to do that.  It makes the guy look more suspicious though if he does not payout just because he went to this forum.  Like if he did not have the items at all :D

Man, I don't understand what's going on with the seller. All I did was to request for total amount to pay , included shipping, and this what I received from him...

Dear jole727,

Ok the deal is off i don't wnat to sell you the item's i will still email you the pic. i just don't like what you said on macross world. thank you any way's so please post the is there any one ells got somthink from me and is on the post list i will not sell to them

Please respond to the question on eBay by clicking the button below.

Thank you,

gigglez127

I found out the seller's name turned out to be Ceballos Fam. If he didn't sell it to me, I will file a complaint against him. Still, I don't understand him.

Edited by JoLe727

If he's legit, I think he might have just gotten really upset at all the talk here, and decided that we're all jerks for doubting him. But I don't think he can stop the transaction according to eBay rules.

If he's not legit, then he know's he'll be busted, so he doesn't want to sell fake items to you.

Just my .02

Yes i mad i ask my friend to take care of my stuff for me on ebay i work all day have no time to this i will post pic tomorrow off the items whit tomorrows l. a time nes to the item whit pic of the box and the toy all you guys do is talk smak of pep.

Edited by zerocool

So if you were me and saw a great deal like that on ebay, you would not question the motives? You would not try to find out as much as possible about the person and get other people's opinions on the deal? You would just blindly trust a person with a low rating?

I trust the opinions here on the board because like me other people here have been screwed on ebay and there is a general mistrust. I saw your on the SSL but if you did not have any other credentials then should I just hope that if i bet $650 of my hard earn money and hope I get the item? No way. It is nothing personal and maybe if you give yourself some time you will see Jole did not say anything bad about you. The opinions expressed here were meant to caution us. Trust is not given so freely when everyone is out to take advantage of you.