auctions of great absurdity

kanata67

QUOTE (lt.actionjackson @ Aug 24 2004, 12:35 AM)

I've never seen a valk this fugly before...it's like some kind of schizophrenic custom 1/55.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...bayphotohosting 

Isn't that a Joons? Anyway, you're right, that's a pretty nasty paint scheme.

Sorry, not too familiar with the Joons line, some kind of knock off valk i assume. Man, if i had to fly that valk i'd find a way to get myself shot down.

It is a Joons. As far as I know, I've seen this one, a Blue one, a Green one and a Red one. This is by far the worst one of the bunch.

I've never seen a valk this fugly before...it's like some kind of schizophrenic custom 1/55.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...bayphotohosting

hehe, I just sold three of those in the for sale section. ugly to you guys and me but still pretty some other members as it seems. :p:D:lol:

NT$ 33,000  Approximately  C $1,257.88

what ever that means. Still too much...

what's the price in USD?

i think it's Taiwan Dollars into Canadian Dollars,

so far, I checked most of the auctions, and that conversion is looking right.

so $33,000 Taiwan Dollars = $1256 Canadian Dollars = $969 US Dollars

Is this particular price for real?

Bandai 1/55 Elintseeker

Seems pretty absurd to me.

Sean

I read this comment at the above auction "Both of the toys are incredibly beautiful, also in C9.5 condition." So I decided to see what else this seller had listed. Still not too sure what he meant by both as he had many other Macross toys listed. For example this one that I don't think I've seen before. Though I'm not near as up to date on the toys side of things as I am on the model side of things.

WHITE COLOR MACROSS ROBOTECH VF-19S VALKYRIE

Is this a bootleg? I'm not familiar with 21 Century New Toys. By the way isn't that a Gundam shield?

Thanks,

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

Is this particular price for real?

Bandai 1/55 Elintseeker

Seems pretty absurd to me.

Sean

I read this comment at the above auction "Both of the toys are incredibly beautiful, also in C9.5 condition." So I decided to see what else this seller had listed. Still not too sure what he meant by both as he had many other Macross toys listed. For example this one that I don't think I've seen before. Though I'm not near as up to date on the toys side of things as I am on the model side of things.

WHITE COLOR MACROSS ROBOTECH VF-19S VALKYRIE

Is this a bootleg? I'm not familiar with 21 Century New Toys. By the way isn't that a Gundam shild?

Thanks,

Carl

I'm pretty sure this too is a boot as I remember seeing some posts about it in the Toys section last month.

THIS doesn't look right :huh:  :o  :unsure:  :blink:  :rolleyes:  :p  :D  :lol: !!!!!!!!

yeah, I was just looking at that. Sucks to see a nice set like that without the actual armor in it. :p:D:lol:

How do you report fraudulent items like that?

I don't think that's entirely warranted in this case. What the seller should have done is mention the red fast packs are not part of the original toy. I look at it as 'what you see is what you get'. Those fast packs are interesting and I do not believe they are bootlegs.

I've actually seen this before a long time ago. The seller stated that he bought the toy brand new and when he opened it, it had the red fastpacks. So I guess some accidently came with jetfire fastpacks. :p:D:lol:

from what I've heard.. rhumors and second party talk, the elintseeker got shipped to the us in three batches back in the day. Partway through batch number 3 they started to come with super armor rather than seeker armor. I'm not sure if it was due to damaged seeker armor molds, excess of seeker boxes, or what. All I know is that this is not the first time I've seen this come up on ebay. It's also possible that some toy shop ownwer/comic convention guy simply swapped out a few dozen sets back in the 80's and an urban legend was born.

same applies to the red, white, and blue joon's affectionately called the "patriot". It's sooooo hidious and was the last joon's to be made it's speculated that joon's came up with the concept after staring at all the bits they had left over from making the other valks :rolleyes:

Look at how much I sold this Robotech MPC Rick Hunter Armor: Rick Hunter Armor

Talk about insane. I only bought it for $20.

some folks are clearly hitting the crack pipe before hitting up ebay. :lol:

ooo, I hope people know that this is ONLY the armor. Notice there's no pictures of the inside stuff. I don't see why these armor parts would go for so much, unless this has been another case of shill bidding. :p:D:lol:

Look at how much I sold this Robotech MPC Rick Hunter Armor: Rick Hunter Armor

Talk about insane. I only bought it for $20.

some folks are clearly hitting the crack pipe before hitting up ebay. :lol:

ooo, I hope people know that this is ONLY the armor. Notice there's no pictures of the inside stuff. I don't see why these armor parts would go for so much, unless this has been another case of shill bidding. :p:D:lol:

As someone who collects and eBays Toynami MPCs, the going price right now for Rick Hunter Armor is ~ $120 - $140. It's virtually impossible to find at stores and it's not often seen on eBay either.

I presume, a close analogy would be the GBP sets for older Macross valks.

dunno. I sold a Rick Hunter Valk+Armor set for $220+ a month or so ago.

dunno. I sold a Rick Hunter Valk+Armor set for $220+ a month or so ago.

my brother sold his new MPC #1 and used Armor for that as well.

People really want the armor.

---

Kicks meself for not buying more, i had planned on buying a bunch for the entire set since i prefer the grey color...ohwell....

same applies to the red, white, and blue joon's affectionately called the "patriot". It's sooooo hidious and was the last joon's to be made it's speculated that joon's came up with the concept after staring at all the bits they had left over from making the other valks :rolleyes:

I give my thought on this one.

The Joon with RBW was probalby targeted for Korean market, back when it was originally released. The color BRW is korea's national flag color, hence , a lot of toys in those days were made using those three colors mixed together. this is just my guess/opinion. However, based on where the toy is made, it somewhat makes sense.

:o are all those from the legendary GBP tree?? thats freekin incredible i will have to start growing one for myself. also check out this 1/48 roy is it just me or are these things going up in value ;) the guy is such a con it is not even funny

1/48 roy auction

chris

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...=ADME:B:SS:US:1
You are bidding on a vintage transforming robot by Matchbox, part of the Robotech line from 1985. This guy is the Hovertank, and I think he is particularly interesting because of the striking resemblance he bears to Jetfire of the Transformers.

Uh....okay....

just coz this guy aint a macross/anime/southern cross geek like you doesn't mean you have to be an a-hole.