Shizouka Hobby Show: May 13-16

Graham

Wow, the Priss looks great. I didn't see or hear of this coming at all. Yamato doesn't talk to me any more....snifff, sniff :(

Definitely looks like the Priss figure has some shoulder, elbow and hip articulation. Not sure from the picture if it has knee articulation though. My one major concern is whether the figure will be able to stand by itself with those high heels  :D

Anyway, it's nice to see Yamato expand into toys from other classic 80s animes, espceially as the original Bubble Gum Crisis OVA is a personal favorite of many MWers, myself included.

Graham

Great... I love being wrong here... but I think you're right, she does indeed appear to have joints! :lol:

Mind you, if the price of Priss is only ¥630 I guess we shouldn't expect too much.

She'll probably turn out to just be a nastly little gashapon with arms and legs that are constantly falling off :(

Graham

The VF-0S doesn`t look that bad since it`s made of PVC and ABS plastic, I consider it a DX MSIA :) as for Miria I do admit the toy looks beautiful.

As for none Macross products items like the HCM Pro they look awesome for their details but to bad for the small size, if it was 1/144 or 1/100 scale then I would got some of them, I really like the HCM Pro MK-II but then again to bad for the size, so I`ll be skipping this category <_<

Wow, the Priss looks great. I didn't see or hear of this coming at all. Yamato doesn't talk to me any more....snifff, sniff :(

Definitely looks like the Priss figure has some shoulder, elbow and hip articulation. Not sure from the picture if it has knee articulation though. My one major concern is whether the figure will be able to stand by itself with those high heels  :D

Anyway, it's nice to see Yamato expand into toys from other classic 80s animes, espceially as the original Bubble Gum Crisis OVA is a personal favorite of many MWers, myself included.

Graham

Great... I love being wrong here... but I think you're right, she does indeed appear to have joints! :lol:

Mind you, if the price of Priss is only ¥630 I guess we shouldn't expect too much.

She'll probably turn out to just be a nastly little gashapon with arms and legs that are constantly falling off :(

Graham

Yeah. We have to keep remiding ourselves that these prototypes are scaled up. I was hoping it was a prelude to an transformable Motoslave. Well maybe if this product was supported by it's fans. Yamato can do wonders with the BGC line if they wanted to... :rolleyes:

so, did anybody noticed that they only showed two miriya figures instead of three? So does this mean it's only going to be a two figure set? With swappable heads? That's what it looks like it can do.

I don't think the final VF-0S is going to be any different from that prototype. It seems like we would of seen an updated version by now if they were still working on it. I just don't know what Yamato is thinking because few, if any, are very impressed with it.

The BGC figures look promising. It would be awesome to see a whole lineup of poseable figures with the bikes.

I can honestly say that if they don't improve the VF-0 sculpt like they said they would, I most likely won't buy it. They really seem to have a "good enough" mentality regarding this VF. Maybe then, after it sells poorly, which it will looking like that, they'll rethink what they've done. They usually do good sculpts, so I'm surprised they are doing such strange things with this one now.

I still have some hope though. Trying to be optimistic, but it's obvious I'm not overly thrilled with Yamato's antics with several items from Macross lately.

Edited by Anubis

While I do hope that Yamato fixes the leg-peg-joint type thing on the final product, I am still extremely pleased that we are getting a toy line for Mac 0.

Just my 2 cents

Larry

The Priss I really do want, as well as more Knight Sabers too. At least a Motoslave. Gotta have a Motoslave.

Edited by Anubis

The Priss I really do want, as well as more Knight Sabers too. At least a Motoslave. Gotta have a Motoslave.

I'll nab BBC figs only if they come with fully transformable MotoSlaves. Chances of that are slime though since these look like trading figs. :(

Here's something I can't seem to figure out: why is the overall VF-0 sculpt so bad? Think about it, in modern times, toys are so often made from CNC machined molds made off of CAD models. The VF-0, as seen in the OAV, is already a 3D model. So why could they not use the 3D model as a basis for the toy, and therefore end up with a totally accurately proportioned toy?

so, did anybody noticed that they only showed two miriya figures instead of three? So does this mean it's only going to be a two figure set? With swappable heads? That's what it looks like it can do.

You can see the third figure behind the other 2. The reflection of the light makes it hard to see.

Here's something I can't seem to figure out: why is the overall VF-0 sculpt so bad? Think about it, in modern times, toys are so often made from CNC machined molds made off of CAD models. The VF-0, as seen in the OAV, is already a 3D model. So why could they not use the 3D model as a basis for the toy, and therefore end up with a totally accurately proportioned toy?

Well, one reason that seems pretty big to me is that the mechanics of what would work at full-size wouldn't work at 1/72 size. Real life Screws have to be a certain size, the super-thin swing bars won't work, etc...

Not to mention the full-size CAD model... is still just used for animation. Once you start creating products for reality, certain things have to be adjusted. Factor that in with shrinking such a large object to a minature version, and there you go.

Looking at the words printed on the Vf-0B legs it says ¨Space Proving Wing¨ , so i´m guessing the 0B is equipped with thermonuclear engines , and the serial number is 001 , so this means one of the follwing 2 things :

a) it´s a newer model that´s been fitted with thermonuclear engines which will kick the Anti-Un arses

or

b) it´s the VF-0 prototype which was suppossed to have thermonuclear engines (this can be backed up by Ep.1 Nakajima´s comments and Edwar comment about the 0D being designed for space hence its ability to go underwater)

Either way I REALLY hope this valk appears by Ep.5

Kinda reminds me of the F-14

You are assuming that the company behind the CG animation in Macross Zero is willing to give Yamato access to their CG models. This may not be the case.

Also, even the CG VF-0 in the OVA seems to feature a certain amount of 'anime magic' with changing proportions for certain parts depending on the mode.

Graham

yes I think the reduction in cost is most likely due to the removal of a figure in the package,they figured that they could make more with seperate releases of the pilots! <_< we macross collectors will buy anything, anything good <_< well most of us any way :p now how likely is a battle pod/regult in our near future? they seem to be picking up the realease dates or production scheudule? my bank account can only take so much :unsure:

Edited by calvin

Not to derail this thread, but the same page Shawn linked for the VF-0B has an awsome looking set of models from Bandai for Nausicca (with two more not pictured). Bottom of the page Wish the gunship was a bigger scale than just 1/72. But then again, like I need any more big models I have no time to build.

Cool. But where's my Megazone 23 stuff Yamato?? :angry:

n-01.jpg