The ONE thread for next Macross Ideas

wolfx

There are way too many sub-threads already discussed about what the next Macross series should be. Everything from Destroid-stars to the Supervision Army's wars were suggested in many sub-threads discussing other things. Well...this is the thread to centralise those ideas.

If you were big froating head, how will the next Macross series be like? For one, it must have music in it. It also must have valkyries. Other than these 2 requirements, everything else seems to be free-for-all.

What would you like to see? For one, it would be the Destroid Team idea. I'd like to see something about Destroids taking part in huge-scale ground-based combat centered around your very normal and average Destroid pilot. I'm thinking stuff like trench warfare, orbital dropships, throw in some aliens or 2.....ok....I think I'm almost thinking about Battletech here.....have to think about the stuff that will make it Macross like how music will be incorporated in it.

Secondly, probably about a special crack team of valkyrie pilots. Like, covert ops, special ops kinda ppl. Infiltrate thick into enemy lines, disrupt their lines ahead of the main force etc.

Personally, I think either the story of the M3 or VF-X2 games would make a great OVA.

I'd love to see more of Aegis Focker and the VF-X Ravens.

I'd also love to see more of Valks fighting those giant bugs shown in the opening movie of M3, that was exteremely cool IMO. I'm still pissed that the M3 opening movie was not included on the 20th Anniversary DVD :(

Graham

What would you like to see? For one, it would be the Destroid Team idea. (...)

Secondly, probably about a special crack team of valkyrie pilots. Like, covert ops, special ops kinda ppl. Infiltrate thick into enemy lines, disrupt their lines ahead of the main force etc.

Why not try a totally different point of view and propose a zentran team in a setting totally different than the already known shows? Without any humans, maybe well before Space War, why not in a very distant solar system... Something never seen basically :)

Like this we'd learn more about the zentrans, their history and their usages, but also their relationships between each other as well as WTH they were supposed to do every day before meeting Earth people... :p

For example, some small fleet of about half a dozen of ships would have been sent somewhere to investigate Supervision Army positions or something but they encounter some meltran fleet in charge of the same mission because of contradictory directives in the main zentran HQs... Then rivalry puts the mess between the 2 fleets and they begin to fight but one soldier of each is 'trapped' somewhere for a long time after a battle and they have to learn to know each other in order to survive, and love, and bla-bla, they also do a little kid but all this is against the rules of the PC and the local Boddole Zer finally decides to terminate them when they're retrieved by their own fleet a while after...

Maybe too much shakespearian though :p

I second Garham's idea they should a ova on the VFX story. That would be real fun, at the least the old classic bird, VF-1 would still be around in this period although upgraded.

I think it is a great idea, to do a story to expand and clarify on the relationship between the Zentrans and the Protoculture or the protoculture civil war. If they do a story like that, lets hope at the least the protoculture have some sort of variable crafts. It would not be Macross if there is no variable crafts !!!

I think it is a great idea, to do a story to expand and clarify on the relationship between the Zentrans and the Protoculture or the protoculture civil war. If they do a story like that, lets hope at the least the protoculture have some sort of variable crafts. It would not be Macross if there is no variable crafts !!!

I'd like to see something during the Protoculture era. Especialy huge battles between those huge Zentraedi fleets, maybe being commanded by a smaller Protoculture fleet slugging it out with a huge Supervison Fleet.

Hell even have it start out with a squad of Macross-classes opening fire on a Stellar Republic installation.

How about Macross, The Outside Story based on the two years after SW1 and from Macross Perfect Memory? That sounds like a good place to start and I'd like to see Meltran on Meltran Wrasslin action! :lol::lol::lol:

Aw Hell, I'll say it.

Solve the story of Megaroad One.

Second, its just unfinsihedd business thats been echoing in my head since I was a kid. What the hell happened to everyone, I loved so much? :/

Also, I remember someone asking about this 2 years ago on this board, and since then its been the same answer. No. Maybe the reason some people ask so much is because its like the relationship with a foster child..

Just who are my real parents, and where are they now. Maybe the fans just want to be reunited with the rest of the family or at least know if they're dead.

Edited by Malicious Gash

Considering how many people want the missing two years and/or a reanimation of the original series, how about a side story? Follow another group of valkyrie pilots outside of skull squadron, maybe Shin's Squadron? Follow them through the whole war and fill in the missing two years. That way you could have plenty of cameos with the original characters and voice actors and settle the story/visuals debates once and for all. Either that or like Graham says a VFX storyline.

Aw Hell, I'll say it.

Second, its just unfinsihedd business thats been echoing in my head since I was a kid. What the hell happened to everyone, I loved so much? :/

Also, I remember someone asking about this 2 years ago on this board, and since then its been the same answer. No. Maybe the reason some people ask so much is because its like the relationship with a foster child..

Just who are my real parents, and where are they now. Maybe the fans just want to be reunited with the rest of the family or at least know if they're dead.

they're dead! Besides the Froating Head said he will never say what happened.

Me, i'd like to see more Isamu. maybe some more Max and Millia. no more Basara, though. ;):lol:

I'd like to see something set in or soon after Space War One with the classic mecha animated with cutting edge techniques.

My own pet idea inspired by the 7 Samurai: a group of retired/amateur Destroid pilots protect the lone settlement on a remote colony planet from marauders including Zentraedi and various mecha. I can see it making a great OVA. If it has to have music, one of the young amateurs is a promising musician.

What would you like to see? For one, it would be the Destroid Team idea. I'd like to see something about Destroids taking part in huge-scale ground-based combat centered around your very normal and average Destroid pilot. I'm thinking stuff like trench warfare, orbital dropships, throw in some aliens or 2.....ok....I think I'm almost thinking about Battletech here.....have to think about the stuff that will make it Macross like how music will be incorporated in it.

I second that, since a story featuring the 'unknown conflicts' of SW-1 would be cool. Much in the same vein as MS: Gundam 08th team.

Edited by wakobi

Aw Hell, I'll say it.

they're dead! Besides the Froating Head said he will never say what happened.

Me, i'd like to see more Isamu. maybe some more Max and Millia. no more Basara, though. ;):lol:

Noooooooo! :o

If you were big froating head, how will the next Macross series be like? For one, it must have music in it. It also must have valkyries. Other than these 2 requirements, everything else seems to be free-for-all.

hmm.

Human-vs-Zentraedi (TV)= done.

Human-vs-Artificial Intelligence (Plus) = done.

Human-vs-Protodevlin (7) = done.

Human-vs-Human (Zero) = not finished, yet.

The only plot-line that has yet to be covered in Macross is the Human-vs-Supervision-Army stuff.

I like to see that after Zero. Kawamori can tweak the timeline again by placing it either after Plus or after 7.

No, MII-fans. Marduk != Supervision Army. :p:p:p

As others have said, I'd like to see some sort of OVA side story that takes place during SW1. Like Gundam MS 08 Team(the only Gundam show I really like). During the two year period that's not covered in the original series would be a good start.

Or the VFX storyline and of course to finally find the Megaroad One.

So there are some options. It just doesn't look like there's gonna be anything after Zero for awhile, if ever...

2030+ timeline.

a colony rebels the unspacy.

a lone privateer finds a derelic ship with gluags, regults, gers, ect, and an object that could destroy a large portion of the universe that the unspacy and the rebel colony wants.

which side would he have to choose unspacy, the rebels, or himself if he doesnt get killed by both sides.

Definitely a VFX story beginning with a young Gilliam Angreat and Barnrose and later Aegis Focker.

That would definitively KICK ASSS ;):ph34r:

Just so we can take everyone´s ideas into account I´ll make a list of all of them here:

So far we´ve got

- VF-X based series :)

- Supervision Army vs human :)

- Pre-SDF Macross - Supervision Army vs Pc war :)

- SW1 Destroi side story :)

- SDF Macross redo <_<:angry:

I´ll add those I´ve forgotten about

Edit , forgot to add my own favourite :

Consipiration within UN Spacy + unexplicable undestruction of Earth + serious drama + misterious appearances of unidentified non UN valks (ala Pheyos) and love triangle between the good guy and the bad girl and the good girl. ;)

Edited by Aegis!

Geez, quite a few really good ideas. Here is my 2 cents. :D

How about the return of the Protocultures. I know, I know, the Zentran destroyed them all in our galaxy. Well how about if some of them escaped to the Megallanic clouds outside our galaxy. Perhaps the SDF-1 was simply part of a scout team sent back into the galaxy to determine the condition of the rebel Zentran forces. With the Zentran fleets either gone or breaking down, the Protoculture forces would most likely return (they would not return until they were sure of victory).

The Protocultures would undoubtably encounter the UN Spacy. A war would most likely erupt between the two and the use of music by the UN Spacy or perhaps both sides, would most likely be the cause of the end of such a war.

Just a thought. ;)

Personally, I have little interest in a pre-SDF story about the Supervision army, for the simple reason that it would not feature any VFs and IMO Macross is not Macross without VFs. Get rid of the singing and love triangle and I'd still consider it Macross, but lose the VFs and I'm outta here.

I'd still like to see more of VFs fighting the bugs from Macross M3. I'm a sucka for mecha vs bugs :D

Graham

Oh, I am sorry :( , I failed to mention the time frame of my idea. I was not speaking of a pre-Macross Zero or Space War one setting. No I was talking about a post VFX-2 setting. Something along the lines of a return of the Protocultures in the 2060s or sometime thereafter. I am speaking about a UN Spacy verses a Protoculture force trying to re-conquer the galaxy. Something more grandiose than what Macross has given us so far. The story has matured enough to support this kind of grand opera. All new VFs, new starships, new alien mecha, new characters, more action, new music, a whole new addition to Macross. For Big West to accept any kind of idea it must be original. I highly doubt they will ever make any of the video games into OAVs or TV series'. Anime thrives on the next "New Thing" and that goes for older/long running titles as well. Gundam has to be the best example of that.

Anyway, I think that the inspections army will most likely be the next big adversary in Macross. Their's is the only story yet to be told. I am willing to bet that their story will be told sometime after VFX-2 and will involve the UN Spacy verses the Inspections army. :)

That is my opinion anyway. No offense meant to anyone. :D

I'd still like to see more of VFs fighting the bugs from Macross M3. I'm a sucka for mecha vs bugs :D

Graham

I'm with Graham on expanding on M3, VFX, and VFX2. Add in story arcs for those custom squadrons we have and it would be an awesome fight fest.

But aren't bugs just like protodevins in M7? Macross meets Aliens meets predator meets Ultraman ...

And have a remake of M:SFD-1 visually updated with the same but enhanced music and audio. At least do the action sequences in surround sound DTS. And have Michael (Bad boys, Bad Boys 2, Armageddon, The Rock, Pearl Harbor - blow everything to kingdom come) Bay direct the action scenes in all future Macross animes. :D

Edited by Neova

Personally, I have little interest in a pre-SDF story about the Supervision army, for the simple reason that it would not feature any VFs and IMO Macross is not Macross without VFs. Get rid of the singing and love triangle and I'd still consider it Macross, but lose the VFs and I'm outta here.

Well VFs didn't come along till the Macross crashed, so it could be set up so the technology was originaly the Protoculture's and since the Supervision had Protocultures in their ranks...

I'd also like to see something involving another speicies the Protoculture tampered with. Have it out for galactic conquest, and overrun several UN worlds...

Well VFs didn't come along till the Macross crashed, so it could be set up so the technology was originaly the Protoculture's and since the Supervision had Protocultures in their ranks...

I'd also like to see something involving another speicies the Protoculture tampered with. Have it out for galactic conquest, and overrun several UN worlds...

The protoculture probably had VFs later on (called something else though) when they started warring with their zentraedi slaves. Maybe that "kadun" in Macross Zero was a protoculture mech and it HAD a protoculture pilot (Rooy kanu whatshisname) that went and screwed some local chick to give birth to sara and mao's ancestors........ummm.....i'll stop this line of thought here.

As for the "involving other species" bit.....

Other species = The Zerg

Protoculture = Xel Naga

Protoss = Zentraedi

Humans = Dead

sound familiar?

:lol:

I want to see a series set between after the launching of the Megaroad-1 and before events of Mac+. I could definately go for a story based from M3 with Max and Millia and the Dancing Skulls. Anything where I can see the VF-4, VF-9, variable glaug, and Konig Monster, PLEASE :lol: !!!!!

i'd like to see an ova set in the macross plus time frame.basically,at that time frame there was only spuratic groups of renegade zentran roaming the galaxy.i'd like to see a group of elite vf-11b valkyrie pilots that go out & deal with those threats as they materialize.kinda like a black-ops valk squad.evrything they'd do would be covered up to keep from frightning people.it'd have valks,action,some hot-shot pilot & you could throw a love interest in there to mix things up. :ph34r:

Hmm...interesting.

Of course I'd go with the destroid idea. The perfect setting for this would be one of the outer colonies in unexplored territory without the funds for larger craft. Here you could introduce a new alien species or the Protocutlures or more Zentreadi. This way you'd feature more inexpensive destroids, maybe VF-1s, and why not toss in some of the earlier, unseen VFs such as the VF-6? Time would be post 2012, but maybe pre M+... VF-X? or M3?

Another idea;

Why not take the point of view from the Zentreadi sometime during the VF-X period? The star mecha of course would be the Zentran valkyrie perhaps. Maybe they were fighting the UN spacy until something bigger got in their way (Protoculture/protoculture tampered aliens???) or the VF-X pilot had a change of heart.

One thing that just came to me now: The opening scene could take place around the Supervision army/Protoculture hulk Misa sees near the end of SDF:M