How many years have you been posting here?

I joined about 3 months after the site started up, but was a regular poster on alt.fan.macross since the day it was created. I remember all of Duke Togo's names. :D

Gotta name them all!

I too was an AFM veteran.

Lemme see....

1. Cool Hand Cat

2. The Cat

3. Godmars

4. Godzilla

5. Duke Togo

For some reason I thought there was one more, but I can't think of it. :angry:

I think just a little over two years. I still remember Joke Machine helping me out with my JM (thanks again!). Before I posted, I just cruised the toy and magazine sections without even knowing about the forums until I "clicked on the fish". Now caught in a deluge of kits, toys, and books that I don't have time for, I ask myself: "Why, oh why did I click on that fish?" DAMN YOU CURSED FISH HEAD! AAAAAAAAArgh!

Then the protagonists were "Rick the Hunter", "VF1x", "Max Jenius", "Roy Focker", "Blackaces" and others which gave the forums their unique sense of comaraderie.. Not to mention irreverent humour!

*sigh*

Seems like that was forever ago...Jerry and RtH haven't been around in a while...

The good ole days for me... I'm amazed at how many people were on AFM, I never was.. but now I kinda wish I had been. :D

I know this is kind of a dumb thing to post about, but I have a torn ligament in my ankle from a mountain bike crash and I'm bored so sue me......

But anyway :D:D:D:D:D I was woundering,

How many years has every one been around and posting on this board? Who are the vetrians around here?

including the lurking years.

lets see, me.....

1/2 year lurking

about 3 posting

I post here?

Crazyness, this forum has become such a standard part of my daily life, that I don't even remember when I joined up. Was it before I moved to Wisconsin in 2002? Or was I on these boards back in artschool (1997-2000)? I know I was on the old boards for a good long while before we switched to the new boards. Man, it's all such a blur.

I know I joined the forums almost immeadiately after finding MacrossWorld. I couldn't sit still and lurk in a forum where people were talking about my alltime favourite series.

I can't really remember a time when I wasn't a regular here, though it couldn't have been all that long ago...could it?

I think I joined about April 2001, so I'm coming up on 3 years! wow.. doesn't seem that long. And I visit MW almost every day. I don't post as much as I used to, guess I don't have anything to say in my old age. ;)

I've been here since 2001, I think... :-/

Maybe just 2002, actually. ???

Either way, I'm just not worthy to be here, I guess, because of the trouble I've caused...

And besides, I don't get that many replies here whenever I post.

Oh well, at least deviantart.com gives me pleasure.^^;

Crazyness, this forum has become such a standard part of my daily life, that I don't even remember when I joined up. Was it before I moved to Wisconsin in 2002? Or was I on these boards back in artschool (1997-2000)? I know I was on the old boards for a good long while before we switched to the new boards. Man, it's all such a blur.

I know I joined the forums almost immeadiately after finding MacrossWorld. I couldn't sit still and lurk in a forum where people were talking about my alltime favourite series.

I can't really remember a time when I wasn't a regular here, though it couldn't have been all that long ago...could it?

Wisconsin, Eh?

Where about?

Heh. Lurked for at least a half year, and posting for ... I guess 1 1/2 years? I found this site after grabbing a Yamato VF-19A and YF-19 on a fluke off of Ebay. It was pretty much downhill from there ...

Edit in:

Doh! I meant a VF-19A and a YF-21. Details, details...

Edited by Batou

Hmmm, I think I joined in May or June of 2001 or whenever it was that they were talking about Toycom M+ valks being released stateside. I joined, bookmarked the site, but didn't post and forgot about the place entirely. Fast forward 3 or 4 months when I was reviewing my bookmarks and I rediscovered MacrossWorld. Been here ever since.

I'm not really sure of the date. I have to check the old forums to be sure. I think its either December 99 or 2000. I know in the very beginnijng when I first signed up I lurked for the longest time before making my first post, a few months I think around the April after I joined I started posting a bit.

Edited by Effect

I haven't posted regularly here in ages. It's more sporatic now than ever. Just not enough time right now. I first signed up on the old board damn, at least three years ago if not more.

What ever happened to Lebhead? That dude had like 10 trillion posts on the old board! :lol:

What about that one guy I forgot his name that always had those long ass posts that hardly made sense and all of his paragraphs started with "As for..." :lol:

Hmm, I wonder what happened to Jerry and RTH? It was a few of Jerry's first customs that led me to Jung's amazing work, which then led me to join here around March of 2001. I've also lurked around AFM every now and then. That first year was my most active year. My kid's taking most of my time now. :D

Joe P.

Hmm, I wonder what happened to Jerry and RTH? It was a few of Jerry's first customs that led me to Jung's amazing work, which then led me to join here around March of 2001. I've also lurked around AFM every now and then. That first year was my most active year. My kid's taking most of my time now. :D

Joe P.

Funny how the thread is slowly turning into the "Where's _______?" thread that pops up every so often.

I think Jerry is busy with his business, RTH is in Berkeley or something. Curious about lebhead though, he was around when the new board started...

Edited by yellowlightman

What about that one guy I forgot his name that always had those long ass posts that hardly made sense and all of his paragraphs started with "As for..." :lol:

Ahh, Edo Andromedo. He was banned way back in the old forums, returned after a while with another handle, and then just faded away. Guess he was unconfortable here, or found another place to hang out.

Too bad, we used to have some quite interesting discussions about Digimon and stuff (don't ask)... :rolleyes:

Joe P.

Funny how the thread is slowly turning into the "Where's _______?" thread that pops up every so often.

I think Jerry is busy with his business, RTH is in Berkeley or something. Curious about lebhead though, he was around when the new board started...

Leb pops in still... not like the other "missing" members.

I remember a time when his post per day count was unbelievable, though. That and it was nice having a few sane people around. ;)

No offense to any of you, of course. :p

Wisconsin, Eh?

Where about?

Found out it was 2002 after all, August, some time after I'd moved to the midwest. Seems much longer than that. Weird.

Where at? Madison. Not a bad town. Relocating next year. Maybe back to my beloved East Coast, but maybe only as far as Chicago. Planning to head back to art school if the government will pay my way. If not, I'll just either go somewhere with friends, or pick a place that seems interesting, that might have more art related jobs.

I've been lurking since Summer of 2001. I remember the days of waiting for Toycom/Yamato to bring salvation to all US Macross toy-starved fans everywhere.

I actually started posting in 2002 when the Toynami bashing and the RT.com vs MW wars were at their peak. Now I'm pretty much back to my lurking mode but still post once in a while. I'm a toy freak so I'll only post on those subjects (not in the Mac toys section though) since I've pretty much seen errrrr read them all.

I used to be a Reg on AFM till it pretty much died. Went by Oihan on AFM as well. Then I migrated over to MW. I'm not sure of the year, or how many years I've been posting here, but I was the 307th person to join on the old board...if that gives any indication of how long I've been posting on MW.... Maybe someone else knows how long I've been posting? ^_^

Edit: I joined right after ComicKaze did! ComicKaze...when did you join MW? ^_^

Edited by Oihan