How many years have you been posting here?

Registered as a member on the old boards in April 2001. I don't post much, but I've been "around" a LONG time.

I blame MW for my inefficiencies at work and spending money on "toys" from a 20+ old anime.

I joined about 3 months after the site started up, but was a regular poster on alt.fan.macross since the day it was created. I remember all of Duke Togo's names. :D

Gotta name them all!

I too was an AFM veteran.

Wayyy too long, I was around on AFM, half lurked/half posted there, and then continued to post there even after MW was founded, so I joined the forums here later then most of the AFM vets. But back in the ole' days Duke was known as Coca-cola Cat, I think. Man, my memory sucks.

I remember AFM when the Mac + valks came out. Good times. Except that we had a lot more trolls on AFM.

I've been around since the alt.fan days, but back then I only logged on every few months, and every time I did I posted under a different name because I didn't remember the previous handle, but it was mostly lurking. I was living in a fraternity house at the time and I was capt. of the rugby team, also was a student govt. officer most of the time in college so I had zero time for Macross. There wasn't much to talk about back then anyway, there were not many products coming out then...

Jan. 2001 is when I started Major Focker (The Major) as a handle... Basically Emerson (old member here) won a 1/100 Takatuko VF auction that a friend put on eBay for me. He lived close to me at the time so I hand delivered it to him. He told me how fun MW was if you posted frequently.

Hmmm.... Man it's been so long. I've looked on main page of Macrossworld for about a year, just using it as reference and finding out what macross stuff is out there. That was back in 2000. I decided to check out this whole message forum thingy and decided to join on my birthday, April 14 2001! Of course that was on the old boards. And I guess the rest it history! :p:D:lol:

Edited by BoBe-Patt

I Robotrolled on alt.fan.macross for about 2 years. Then I joined Macrossworld on 9/01. I Robotrolled this board for about a year like I did on alt.fan.macross, lost interest in that, and changed my name for the new board.

Jeez, I don't know??? Whenever the first Yamato YF-19 and 21 were going to come out. Just before the whole toycom crazyness... Back when there were VF-1 icons for post ranking.

I miss those little icons... And wow, that was "forever ago" in Macross-fan terms, predating HG realizing that Japan had gone ahead with Macross without them. :)

Yeah, the Mac Plus Valks was my intro to MW. Believe it or not, I avoided the forums for quite a while, then lurked, then finally made an account to break the TRU 1/60 cannon fodder news. Been hooked a while it seems. :)

My wallet (and wife) might never forgive me. :p

The horrors of the Red Comet started to appear on MW since Oct 2002.....

:p:p:p

Before that, i traumatized Macross Roleplaying Network forums from 1998-2001, as a insane pilot of the 366th Gunfighters squadron with a Red VF-19.

and, i add colors to Macross RPG Community forums from 2000-2003.

And i was in the alt.fan from 1996....that's a long, long time ago when i am still a innocent soldier boy... :p

I started lurking from nearly the beginning, but I didn't begin posting until a little under 3 years ago. Right about the time Yamato was releasing the first 1/60's, Bandai was reissuing the Hikaru 1J, and right before Toynami announced the Masterpiece Hikaru 1J.

Good times. :lol:

I lurked for a while on the original site and then decided to join in when MW was updated in early 2000. It doesn't seem like 4 years ago, though. The best time was all the early news of Yamato making valkyries. Everyone was so excited and positive about the future of Macross. Good times.

Let's see.

I remember MW was a brand new site which had opened in 1999 (coincidence? The fall of the macross..?) I thought it was awesome that a couple of guys owned so much Macross-related paraphenalia.

I had heard of Graham before because he, along with Oliver Barder and Rik Newman (pioneers of Macross fandom) had some thing going on called "5th Triumverate". I remember attending at least one of their do's is London. I'd never seen Macross Seven toys before, not to mention people doing Macross Seven karaoke. Remember, this was around 1997, in the days when Pokemon hadn't yet broken through to the West.

I kept in contact with Rik and Ollie, and I wrote stuff to contribute in their "Macross & Mecha" newsletter. My material never.. materialised, though. So I just put it up on the web a couple of years later.

At the time Dynamite Seven had just come out so I was getting back into the Macross groove after having finished watching M7 in awe (hey, it was kind of moving at the time OK?).

Then the boards opened in December 2000. I believe Major Yoshikazu was the first member (at least, among the first half a dozen), who then became known simply as "Yoshi").

Then the protagonists were "Rick the Hunter", "VF1x", "Max Jenius", "Roy Focker", "Blackaces" and others which gave the forums their unique sense of comaraderie.. Not to mention irreverent humour!

I didn't join until February 2001. At the time there was a rank system, where you used to get different Valkyrie upgrades beneath your avatar depending on your post number.

Characters like Keith and Godmedia didn't make it over here until quite a while later.... Personally I never saw the appeal of AFM, but what the hell do I know..?

I was made quite welcome because there were few translators here at the time, and I often received requests. Unfortunately, these days I can't really comply due to other commitments (even right now, I have a Japanese class to teach in a short while, I should really be checking that all my materials are in place). To be honest, even back then I couldn't fulfill all of Shawn's demands dues to my workload... If you're reading this, I have some of the translations of the Kawamori interview from last year in my files, Shawn.... Sent you an email a while back but you didn't respond... Gee, I hope he's not pissed off.

Anyway, I have posted on many occasions on MW, a third of the time trying to be funny, another third trying to be the voice of reason within M7 and HG licensing debates (not to mention the epic one during September 11th), and the remainder of the time trying to provide info that would settle some truths and dispel myths (the tailfin missiles on Max's plane, the deal with the Meagaroad's disappearance, and almost anything regarding the production of the original show and also OST's are all my specialties).

Throughout the years, I have made contributions to the board from London, Scotland and Tokyo. In a few weeks I'll be in Osaka. Hopefully I'll still be in touch then.

Well, this has been kind of a self introduction. Hope the boards keep on going as long as Macross remains interesting, and long after it's not.

:p

Since the beginning...

(despite my low post count)

Early 2000, when Macross World was just the model section and a rudimentary message board where people bought and sold stuff (at your own risk, I might add).

Felix

Edited by flyboy

I started lurking just before the old MW moved to the new MW, but it's been six to seven months since I logged here, so you can say I'm a newb.

Edited by Angel's Fury

I've been here since late 1998 or early 1999 when the website forums were only once page and really consisted of nothing more than people looking for old Bandais and Takatokus (or wondering if Kevin still had any Joon's valkyries for sale). I lurked at Alt.fan.macross, but I never posted there.

There was one guy on there for the longest time who was having his name abused by someone else (you had to input your name manually every time you posted), and no one ended up believing him over anything anymore... my god that was a long time ago.....

once we switched to the first "real" board, I was one of the first dozen or so registered members... (I remember Apollo Leader and myself musing how we needed an "Angel Leader" to complete our triumvirate!)

Hey Shawn, I know you're busy, but do you still have any screengrabs of the site from it's earlier days? I know you used to, 'cause you'd put one up every once in a great while..... it would be neat to see those again.

Edited by Skull Leader

I joined here right before the Yammy 1/60 VF-1A Hikaru came out. I was suggesed to this site by a person at a video game forum after we were talking about Anime based that never made it to US. I think that was around 2 and a half years ago..

I just reviewed the old board and according to it I joined on,

Dec. 12 2000,18:42

Before that I had been posting on Alt fan Macross and people here complain about flames and insults. :lol:

I've lurked Macross World since winter of 2000.

I've been here since late 1998 or early 1999 when the website forums were only once page and really consisted of nothing more than people looking for old Bandais and Takatokus (or wondering if Kevin still had any Joon's valkyries for sale). I lurked at Alt.fan.macross, but I never posted there.

There was one guy on there for the longest time who was having his name abused by someone else (you had to input your name manually every time you posted), and no one ended up believing him over anything anymore... my god that was a long time ago.....

I remember that! I just cant remember his name... poor guy, it was fun tough...

I remember I made some sweet deals back in those days.

In fact I remember Kevin was suposed to get a lot of Joons for sale, but it never happened. Before he opened the shop I guess. did he get some or not?

How long have I been here? You got me. More than a year and less than the mods. I'm bad with time... last week it was 1985 for me... yesterday was 2001... this afternoon was Christmas...

Time flies when you are having fun... either that or those pesky aliens keep kidnapping me.

Mmmmm...let me see.

I remember first hearing of MW when I did a little search on macross on google an found Kevin´s shop , he was expecting the first issues of the Yamato M+ toys and I cried with joy when I saw the first pics of those toys. There I found a link to the old ikonboard forum and lurked for some months , I think joined right after all the Toycom fiasco, about Sept-Oct 2001. I used to be known as vf-19 geko-custom in those days. I opted for a smaller name qhen we switched to these new boards.

Anyway , I remember the times when we first got news that the tiny company that made the M+ toys a few years back was planning on making SDF Macross toys and we were all excited and expectant. Then Yamato surpirsed us with the awesome 1/60s , in those days we had far less bitching but after a while the toy section (particularly) started to turn into what now is known as the bitching arena of hell.

It was thanks to this site that I started collecting macross toys.

In those times we had a lot of funny anecdotes , the Fanworks section was a real lively place and the atmosphere was a lot warmer. ;)

Those where the times :)

once we switched to the first "real" board, I was one of the first dozen or so registered members... (I remember Apollo Leader and myself musing how we needed an "Angel Leader" to complete our triumvirate!)

Right before the "real" forum was started in December 2000, I occasionally posted to the message board Shawn had set up. It was June of 2000 when I first e-mailed Shawn and Graham telling them on what I thought about Macross World (I use to swap a fair number of e-mails with Shawn back in those pre December 2000 days). I first recall seeing Macross World back in the early part of 2000. Macross World has been a serious part of my Macross fandom for the last 4 years. :)

As for "Angel Leader", I figured that if I ever got booted off the board, I could always come back under that name. :D If someone wants to go by "Angel Leader", be my guest! :)

I remember pretty much just lurking, trying to figure out the differences between Macross and Robotech around the time of the whole Toycom deal. I didn't officially sign up on the old boards until after I picked up the first Animeago DVD set and 1/60 CF Yammie. The Animegos were the first time I ever saw original, uncut Macross and the Yammie was my first valk since a Hasbro Jetfire so many years ago. I credit/curse the boards for turning me into a Macross FanBoy and Valk-a-holic :lol: . Been something like 2.5, 3 years or so.