MACROSS PLUS!

Wow, Macross Plus for sale over at RT.

An interesting portent of possible peaceful times? :huh:

I can't wait for this year's convention panel reports.

Edited by Anubis

An interesting portent of possible peaceful times? :huh:

they are a store. they can legaly sell anythign they want. you don't need rights to sell a product someone makes. hell they can sell yamato toys . You think bw will stop them form slelign yamato touys. rofl.

Ali Sama's probably right. If I wanted to, I could probably sell Macross Plus out of my garage.

Well you do need a resale or wholesale license/number for one thing. HG could have made a deal with Manga to sell thier DVDs or bought from somone who distributes for Manga. But from what I know Manga does that themselves...

Edited by dejr8bud

Ali Sama's probably right. If I wanted to, I could probably sell Macross Plus out of my garage.

Well you do need a resale or wholesale license/number for one thing. HG could have made a deal with Manga to sell thier DVDs or bought from somone who distributes for Manga. But from what I know Manga does that themselves...

yep. right stuff also sells this. it;s not uncommon.

It;s just an odd turn for them to actively push more non-RT stuff through their site.

An interesting portent of possible peaceful times?  :huh:

they are a store. they can legaly sell anythign they want. you don't need rights to sell a product someone makes. hell they can sell yamato toys . You think bw will stop them form slelign yamato touys. rofl.

True. You could always get the regular ones as Suncoast and Bestbuys. This is interesting that they are branching out like that. Man what is next.

An interesting portent of possible peaceful times?  :huh:

True. You could always get the regular ones as Suncoast and Bestbuys. This is interesting that they are branching out like that. Man what is next.

anything that sells i woudl imagine. more anime. model kits etc.

Interesting info, but I don't think we can draw a conslusion from it, like CAG said... RT.com is a store, so they sell stuff.

Its odd because it has Big Wests name and copyright on it... remember, HG blocked the sale of Plus toys. I am starting to think that perhaps an agreement has been reached.

Interesting info, but I don't think we can draw a conslusion from it, like CAG said... RT.com is a store, so they sell stuff.

Its odd because it has Big Wests name and copyright on it... remember, HG blocked the sale of Plus toys. I am starting to think that perhaps an agreement has been reached.

Exactly. Unless there's been a deal, it would seem unwise for HG to market a product from another company which they claim infringes on their trademark.

Also, assuming dejr8bud is correct, HG needs to have worked something out with Manga.

So basically, I think there's been a deal, but there's no telling what implications it may have for other products. What we've seen with the DYRL superposables and now the Manga video could be a sign of anything from BW throwing HG a bone to avoid further litigation, to BW essentially giving in to HG's position on the Macross intellectual property rights.

And somehow the world still turns...

Awwww...damn -- guess the human sacrifice is off, right?

Seriously, this does seem to point in the direction of a deal being reached. Something like this would almost demand it. So, I guess all will be revealed at Anime Expo? Looks like I'd better get my drivers' license so I can get my derriere off to Anahiem this year.

Whoa... I think something is definitely afoot here. An agreement between BW and HG could be wonderful news if it's done properly... no more Toynami Macross... hello imported Yamato.

And I don't buy this RT.com is a store theory... I don't see them selling Evangelion or Gundam over there. This is something bigger.

So what if, and this is a stretch, Kowamari (sic?) and Big West liked what HG did and saw it as a different take on what was originally intended. Maybe BW and the hoary froating head might want to see what HG can do next.

Thanks for the laugh.

It's far more likely that maybe, just maybe, someone at HG has wised up and seen that trying to horde the Macross license will only end up burning them in the end, like so many hemroids.

Someone buys Macross Plus, they'll want to know more about it, and will seek out Macross (and probably accidentally robotech). It only stands to boost HG sales. At the same time, they're supposedly working on a robotech sequel (it's been what, 4 years now?) which likely nothing (good) will come of, and there they are again trying to sponge off Macross. It just makes sense.

Now if Bandai would just license Macross Zero, the floodgates would open.

It's far more likely that maybe, just maybe, someone at HG has wised up and seen that trying to horde the Macross license will only end up burning them in the end, like so many hemroids.

Someone buys Macross Plus, they'll want to know more about it, and will seek out Macross (and probably accidentally robotech). It only stands to boost HG sales. At the same time, they're supposedly working on a robotech sequel (it's been what, 4 years now?) which likely nothing (good) will come of, and there they are again trying to sponge off Macross. It just makes sense.

Now if Bandai would just license Macross Zero, the floodgates would open.

Yes, please let it be Bandai that gets Macross Zero.

Interesting.

I just hope this works out for the fans and not for HG's pocketbook.

Ummm.....I don't think we're living with a communist economic system.....so no matter what, its going to be to HG's economic benefit. Just as it would be to Manga's and Big West's. Wishing otherwise is not only fruitless....but pointless. No offense, dude... ;)

Edited by 1st Border Red Devil

Exactly. Unless there's been a deal, it would seem unwise for HG to market a product from another company which they claim infringes on their trademark.

Also, assuming dejr8bud is correct, HG needs to have worked something out with Manga.

So basically, I think there's been a deal, but there's no telling what implications it may have for other products. What we've seen with the DYRL superposables and now the Manga video could be a sign of anything from BW throwing HG a bone to avoid further litigation, to BW essentially giving in to HG's position on the Macross intellectual property rights.

If Manga is distributing to HG's store wouldn't Manga have to get permission from the original liscense holder, BW? BW could always pull the liscense from Manga.

If something comes out of this so be it. The Macross franchise isn't big enough to have several companies fighting over it.

Edited by dejr8bud

If Manga is distributing to HG's store wouldn't Manga have to get permission from the original liscense holder, BW? BW could always pull the liscense from Manga.

If something comes out of this so be it. The Macross franchise isn't big enough to have several companies fighting over it.

No, Manga wouldn't have to get permission.

Being the distributor, they can distribute to whomever they please as long as the company they distribute to can legally sell retail products.

One thing for sure, agreement or not, this solidify's the fact that HG doesn't have exclusive rights to all of Macross.