What do you think of the Macross Uniforms

Coota0

What is your Opinion of the Uniforms?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Opinion of the Uniforms?

• Goofy
    • They Suck
    • They're Awesome
    • It's Anime

SDF:M - Meh. I neither hate nor like the Valkyrie Flight Suits, they did a great job with the bridge crew uniforms. I can see why they didn't change them too much for DYRL.

I LOVE the Valkyrie Flight Suits they designed for DYRL. It's one part Flight Suit, one part Exo Suit, all rolled into one neat package.

Just beautiful.

Although. Macross Zero has the only Flight Suits I can see current pilots wearing.

post-2-1075951844_thumb.jpg

Hikaru in the TV series. Intro sequence, and Burst Point.

The button that lowers the helmet visor has forever been labelled in my mind as the "bad-ass mode switch".

lol, amen to that one

Really depends on the series.

I like the original SDF Macross uniforms well enough, all of them, but I think the DYRL? designs greatly improved upon the originals. Especially the flight suits. I love those flight suits.

Flashback 2012 continued with great crewman uniforms, and had an interesting take on the flight suits that I could appreciate, though I still prefere the DYRL? suits. I think the Flashback flightsuit is underrated. One thing that sticks out about the flight suits for me is how they almost look more like modern space suits, it gives them a pioneering feeling that fits perfectly with Flashback.

For Macross II, I thought the uniforms were kinda 'meh'. Not bad at all, but not good either. I can take them or leave them.

For Macross Plus, I loved Isamu's flight suit, as it was so similar to the DYRL? flight suits, but didn't like Guld's. However, after all this time the YF-21/VF-22 flight suit has grown on me immensly. I'd still take the DYRL?/Isamu flight suit over it, but I like it none the less. I dug the naval uniforms from Plus a lot, all of them.

Macross 7's uniforms are kinda both ways for me. I love Max's uniform, and the officers uniforms in general aren't to shabby, but they look more like they belong on a civilian cruise ship. Of course, I believe that was Mikimoto's intent, as the military presence on the colony ships should look more friendly than those in purely military roles. Puts the civilian's more at ease with the constant military presence. Grok? You can also see that these uniforms are direct decendants of those we glimpsed in Flashback 2012. I think it's a nifty touch, though I do prefere the Plus style uniforms.

VF-X and VF-X2 had excellent uniforms all around, naval and pilots. Same with M3.

So, overall I really like the uniforms in Macross. Even when I don't prefere them, I think they fit their role remarkably well, and Macross' uniforms have always stood out from most other anime, to me at least.

I've always like the coats the high ranking officers (Global, Adm. Hayase) wore. Though I kind of wish they had fancied them up a bit like the old Royal Navy uniforms of the WWII German Navy uniforms. I also liked the old school look the colony fleet captain's uniforms had, and the fancy look the pilots uniforms had.

Of the flight suits I'd go with the Macross Plus, flightsuit and pilots jumpsuit. Though the DYRL jumpsuit looked really nice on Misa.

The TV Zentraedi uniforms didn't look too bad either I wouldn't mind having one of those coats, though I wish Bodolza had worn something that had "big-shot" written all over it. Of course the DYRL Meltran uniforms looked nice too, but that might have something to do with the person wearing them too.

I realld didn't care much for the VFX-2 flight suits though. I didn't like the helmet, it didn't have that beak shaped visor thing. That's always been one of those things characteristic of Macross for me.

What the hell do you want bulky shoulder pads for in a flight suit?! Lame.

And the helmets with the entire upper field of vision obstructed by a visor?

I guess the bridge uniforms are alright...everything else is pretty lame.

(except Zentran stuff, they seem pretty cool all around).

Bridge Bunnies ALWAYS have the best uniforms B))

I've always like the coats the command guys get to wear too.

Over UN Spacy, the best star forces uniforms I've seen have to go to the Abh uniforms in CotS/BotS though.

I'm not too crazy about the flight suits in the TV series. Hikaru's bothers me the most, probably due mainly to the color patterns. I thought the DYRL? flight suits were cool, but I didn't like the "out of cockpit" outfits. Macross Zero seems to use modern day flight suits with anime shoulder pauldrons. I like 'em though.

I don't like the samurai style flight suits (DYRL, etc), but if they lost the shoulder pads, they'd be better.

But yeah Zero flight suits all the way.

I think I like the original TV suits better since they look more practical, but the DYRL suits have style. The FB 2012 suit might be the coolest of all but I'd have to see more of it to really make up my mind whether it would be good to use all the time. I think it would give the shows a more "hard SF" feel, which would be good.

The Macross uniforms get better every series. If you compare the SDF uniforms to the other animes at the time, like Voltron or Gundam, then they were a leap ahead. DYRL's uniform was improved in FB2012. Mac+, Mac7 and Macross video games were good evolutionary steps from the DYRL suits. The Macross 0 seems to be the best so far, my favorites.

i really dug the tv uniforms, i think their awsome.

i didn't much like the dyrl flight suits, too bulky looking

the mac zero ones are cool too though. kinda a good take on the dyrl suits.

Love the TV flight suits

The DYRL flight suits remind me too much of US football uniform with the really big shoulder pads

The Mac0 flight suits are awesome, they look just like the contemporary suites used today.

As for the "Bridge Bunnies", well any of the female toons, they can wear anything and I'll like it :)

hmmm.....i am OK with both the SDF and DYRL uniforms...just that why isn't everyone in the same colors like everyone from Skull squadron should have a yellow color on them. The strange "mechanical-looking" suits in VFX-2 i think are really cool and original.

...as for the ships crew/bridge bunnies whatever...i think they should wear more "warlike" attire kinda like the ones in SeaQuest DSV(just like how crews in submarines wear) or even Babylon 5...not some colorful marching day decorative types.

hmmm.....i am OK with both the SDF and DYRL uniforms...just that why isn't everyone in the same colors like everyone from Skull squadron should have a yellow color on them. The strange "mechanical-looking" suits in VFX-2 i think are really cool and original.

...as for the ships crew/bridge bunnies whatever...i think they should wear more "warlike" attire kinda like the ones in SeaQuest DSV(just like how crews in submarines wear) or even Babylon 5...not some colorful marching day decorative types.

War like? hmmm makes me think of Zena :D

hmmmm Amazon Woman outfits...