Monarch: Legacy of Monsters

sh9000

35 minutes ago, Thom said:

I'm hoping this ties in in some way to Kong: Skull Island, but even if not, I'm up for it!

Skull Island was in the Mosnterverse so yes. I also read a part of the story takes place in the past, Kurt Russell plays his character in the "modern" timeline and his son Wyatt Russell plays the character in the "past" timeline. 

I'm excited, I've loved the Legendary Monsterverse movies, KotM and GvK were both great! I don't have AppleTV though, I'll definitely have to steal a sign-in from a friend whenever this drops. 

Quick update that I found you can get a gift card membership with Apple TV+ for 6months/$33.99 or 12months/$62.99 via Costco. Subscription voucher has to be redeemed 1 year from purchase date. Sounds like a good deal!

edit: I bought a 12 month voucher and will activate when the Monarch series starts.

Edited by TangledThorns

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Well now I know when to start my APPLE+ subscription. That being said November also is when my annual Disney+ subscription will end and I have no desire to renew at current pricing.

I'm still waiting for the Masters Of The Air series debut announcement from the Band of Brothers/The Pacific people before I bite the apple. 

Edited by renegadeleader1

12 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Well now I know when to start my APPLE+ subscription. That being said November also is when my annual Disney+ subscription will end and I have no desire to renew at current pricing.

For me it’s a mix of the pricing and lack of decent content for D+. It’s like the streaming service that had the most to offer for the price in the beginning, but that has faded quickly.

I'm definitely calculating my free Apple TV month to coincide with the release of the last episode, don't want to start it too early and not be able to finish the series. I'll also check out the new season of that awesome dinosaur documentary, and maybe rewatch Ted Lasso, again. 

I just signed up for 2 free months with Apple TV before I start using the gift cards I bought from Costco for a annual subscription. Below is a link for the free trial and it has to be redeemed by September 30th.

https://slickdeals.net/f/16848491-2-month-free-trial-on-apple-tv-streaming-service-new-or-qualified-returning-subscribers-offer-ends-september-30-2023?attrsrc=search%3Aterm%3Aapple+tv|search%3Apage%3A1|search%3Aposition%3A21|search%3Aresult_type%3Athread|search%3Aresult_id%3A16848491&src=search-result-click

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Watching MONARCH on Apple+ and its the only reason I'm subscribing to their streaming service. The show is well made however almost all the main characters are unlikable and there is barely any Godzilla or monster action. It's great to see Kurt and Wyatt Russell but they are carrying the most water for this series.

Hopefully it pays off towards the end of the season but Apple+ has a long way to go before winning over sci-fi fans.

22 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Watching MONARCH on Apple+ and its the only reason I'm subscribing to their streaming service. The show is well made however almost all the main characters are unlikable and there is barely any Godzilla or monster action. It's great to see Kurt and Wyatt Russell but they are carrying the most water for this series.

Hopefully it pays off towards the end of the season but Apple+ has a long way to go before winning over sci-fi fans.

I  have to agree with this. The show is pretty good but the main 3 “young” people are so unlikeable. Kurt, Wyatt, and the Monarch nerd guy are the only people I like. 

Chris