Hi-Metal R Fire Bomber (VF-19 Fire Valkyrie, VF-11 MAXL, VF-17T)

sh9000

It'll be really annoying if Bandai doesn't include the sound booster. Hoping that they do, but not keeping hopes there since they have only been showing only the valk itself so far. 

Looks very similar to the Yamato version. The only difference I could spot was the spine section.

It seems like the LERX fold backwards onto the hip joints. As a result the canards don’t fold in as nicely onto the spine.

I would also like to know how the shield is going to work. Will it have a second replacement shield for fighter mode or can the "animation accurate" one be used in both modes.

Also, the non transformation hands look gigantic.

The price is Yen 14,300 which I assume is Yen 13k + 10% JP domestic tax.

T-Rex is also stated as being the designer, so no wonder it looks like a mini-Yamcadia just like the HMR VF-0S are to the Arcadias. 

Landing gear implementation seems similar to the HMR VF-0s - integrated bay doors but partsforming plug-in gears.

Not surprisingly, there’s no integrated cockpit canopy again. This plus the landing gears are probably how Bandai wants to keep these as key aspects of HMR VFs.

Although there’s no rainbow tint for the canopy, thankfully there isn’t that weird yellow tint of Arcadia’s version here.

5 hours ago, Scyla said:

Looks very similar to the Yamato version. The only difference I could spot was the spine section.

It seems like the LERX fold backwards onto the hip joints. As a result the canards don’t fold in as nicely onto the spine.

I would also like to know how the shield is going to work. Will it have a second replacement shield for fighter mode or can the "animation accurate" one be used in both modes.

Also, the non transformation hands look gigantic.

I don't actually see any difference in the LERX pieces, it just looks like the canards fold differently.. and weirdly, because somehow they just look like they're plugged in at the same angle, but backwards.

Think there are definitely two shields going on there as well, since the fighter mode and battroid mode look like they are different proportions, as well as being different mounting points.

Please Bandai, make all the versions.  I want a fleet of tiny VF-19s. ^_^ 

33 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

Screenshot_2024-03-23-21-56-44-244_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox-edit.jpg.8bfd18ea2dd8c3a3735313bba243f4b9.jpg

Is this a confirmation that parts swapping will be required?

Just now, jenius said:

I think it's the same neck cover we've seen on most 19 toys. 

I was thinking this, and maybe it's a translation issue, but that's backwards.  The cover is attached in gerwalk and fighter, not battroid.

It wouldn't surprise me if we need to swap some of the head parts around for battroid though, considering how tiny they are.  They didn't try to replicate the hinged neck panels to let the head pass through, so those might be a separate part you have to lift to transform the head, assuming it actually transforms at all, and isn't a direct swap.  Considering the size, it might make more sense to have two separate neck covers: one for fighter/gerwalk that has the neck and head closed, and one for battroid that replaces the entire panel with the entire head and neck assembly.

One thing I just realized though is that the shoulder covers already have the holes for the VF-19P's fins, so hopefully they're planning ahead for that version.

32 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

One thing I just realized though is that the shoulder covers already have the holes for the VF-19P's fins, so hopefully they're planning ahead for that version.

That would be nice, but I was also thinking it might be for the sound booster...?

3 minutes ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

That would be nice, but I was also thinking it might be for the sound booster...?

Definitely possible, but I don't think the booster even really rests in the right place for those to work.  Either way...

why-not-both-why-not.gif

5 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

The PO will be soon if that's the date mention below:

Bandai - Hi-Metal R
VF-19 Custom Fire Valkyrie - Update Images
Price: 13,000 yen
Rel Date: Aug 2024

The 25th (tomorrow) should be when Bandai releases their official information on the toy. Because of time zones, we may even see that later tonight (in Eastern Standard Time). Preorders should come not long after.

Looking at the new pics, I kinda feel the Fighter's proportions look better than the larger Yamcadias. It could be camera illusion, but the nosecone doesn't appear to look as stubby as its larger sibling, despite the LERX terminating at about the same point below the canards. 

21 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I don't actually see any difference in the LERX pieces, it just looks like the canards fold differently.. and weirdly, because somehow they just look like they're plugged in at the same angle, but backwards.

Think there are definitely two shields going on there as well, since the fighter mode and battroid mode look like they are different proportions, as well as being different mounting points.

Please Bandai, make all the versions.  I want a fleet of tiny VF-19s. ^_^ 

Spot on. Now it looks even more like the Yamato one.

Now I'm a bit in a pickle. I want to buy one HMR VF-19. Normally I would gravitate towards a VF-19S.

However, if Bandai is really planning to release the other Fire Bomber Valkyries it would be a shame not having the Kai to display them with.

Decisions, decisions… :wacko:

Fire Valkyrie is looking good. Glad to see HMR continuing to expand into more new models and more Macross series.

19 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Milk the mold.

Given Bandai's history with others like the VF-0 and VF-4, I expect we would see more versions of the 19. And don't forget this one, with a few modifications of course...

image.png.22913b115c1d584dd9c5e51d0bf6a633.png

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

These are the ones I actually want.

This, times infinity. ^_^ 

ALTHOUGH...

I really would love if they milked this to make a few more versions, like they did for the Focker VF-4.  There are so many alternates they could do with simple palette swaps, like the dozens of schemes in the Master File, or even the racing versions like the Nothung, or the trimmed-down SMS variant we've seen now and again.

Really though, if they make the 19P, I might buy myself a bunch for customization purposes.  The tight tolerances and cost of the Yamato version made it prohibitive, but 3D printing has come a very long way since that release, and I could have a lot of fun making customs in this scale.

3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

This, times infinity. ^_^ 

ALTHOUGH...

I really would love if they milked this to make a few more versions, like they did for the Focker VF-4.  There are so many alternates they could do with simple palette swaps, like the dozens of schemes in the Master File, or even the racing versions like the Nothung, or the trimmed-down SMS variant we've seen now and again.

Really though, if they make the 19P, I might buy myself a bunch for customization purposes.  The tight tolerances and cost of the Yamato version made it prohibitive, but 3D printing has come a very long way since that release, and I could have a lot of fun making customs in this scale.

My plan is 3 19P's if they make them.

Pics:

item_0000014852_JHNh1JJr_102.jpg.52b9a6bca88db1e8ba79e9f99c2a3c7d.jpg

item_0000014852_JHNh1JJr_103.jpg.2d290f7eedc5d9e668fde9c577f6ffa6.jpg

item_0000014852_JHNh1JJr_104.jpg.44fb020c24b557e077e1de67ed3ad5aa.jpg

item_0000014852_JHNh1JJr_105.jpg.73cb8bfbb52162fb212d55461c3cf2ac.jpg

item_0000014852_JHNh1JJr_106.jpg.181e3ca217bf705604929f5e1d62313a.jpg

WHITE landing gears! :good:

item_0000014852_JHNh1JJr_107.jpg.1b512c3bb386130c6e26a497a536ffdf.jpg

Shoulders will be partsforming items to swap between open & closed position. 

item_0000014852_JHNh1JJr_108.jpg.e6356684992e296f256ef0bf26ba4c8d.jpg

Faceplate will also be partsforming items.

item_0000014852_JHNh1JJr_109.jpg.131d0254b142f2120b981ff4113f3c8d.jpg

Leg missile hatch will be integrated opening / closing doors.

item_0000014852_JHNh1JJr_110.jpg.2755f9630a3b8be392930d4fadfba741.jpg

item_0000014852_JHNh1JJr_111.jpg.17e79744c263fb6ffb9bf2710d501c2a.jpg

Edited by MKT

Maybe a little weird to say, but glad they stuck with the original yellow, rather than the gold version.  Also, bonus points for making this set of shoulders look like they match. :lol:

Liking the blue canopy as well, and the canards look like they're folded correctly this time, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this one goes.

The parts list includes 'Joint parts for soundbooster'.

I kept thinking they have never shown it with the soundbooster yet, but looks like I remembered wrongly. They did show it at last year's TN event:

DSC_9159_SpYUQbw6JV4TdDPCWIw9lUMg8cG02XWR.jpg.e786cb5a7b82cdbb0851f153063a7520.jpg

The thing is, the soundbooster looks like the old HM one that Bandai re-purposed for this display. I sincerely hope the new 'joint parts for soundbooster' means Bandai will make a new soundbooster later on and not have those parts meant for plugging in just the old HM soundbooster and leave it at that. :unsure: 

Edit:

I checked Mandarake for the old HM soundbooster price, and it appears the price have jumped quite a bit from what I remembered not too long ago. Perhaps others already have had ideas to get this since Bandai showed it with the HMR at the last TN event.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1252463731&lang=en

Edited by MKT

I'm actually curious if the "joint parts" would actually be the fighter-mode clip Yamato made.  The sound booster didn't need any extra parts for battroid, it just snapped into the backplate and rested over the shoulders.

18 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I'm actually curious if the "joint parts" would actually be the fighter-mode clip Yamato made.  The sound booster didn't need any extra parts for battroid, it just snapped into the backplate and rested over the shoulders.

If not mistaken, the HM soundbooster does need an additional connecting clip at the back for Battroid, whilst the Yamcadia ones do not.

On 3/24/2024 at 2:58 AM, Convectuoso said:

Is this a confirmation that parts swapping will be required?

Yes. Confirmation on the official release.

Set contents
: Main body
, Pilot figure
, Launcher pod
, Shield
, Fighter shield
, Fighter head antenna left and right
, Replacement wrist left and right (4 each)
, Replacement shoulder parts left and right
, Replacement face parts
, Landing legs (front wheel, rear wheel). (left and right)
, cover parts for fighter
, joint parts for sound booster
, set of joint parts for display,
set of dedicated pedestal

It's a HMR valk, so it will always likely have it.