Bandai HG 1/100 YF-29

lechuck

Glad to see stores getting these up earlier than before. I'm surprised they didn't foreshadow the next kit in the line the way they did before. I hope that's not a sign...

11 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Unfortunately, as a "parts-former" there really is no reason to have not been "anime accurate" in every mode...the Battroid mode to me is the most dissapointing...

The only way for something like the YF-19 to be an "anime accurate" partsformer would be to include three variants of so many parts that partsforming would be made redundant. Or they could do some serious origami on literally every part of every limb in order to lengthen/shorten/widen/thin out proportions. That would certainly be a sight to see...

12 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Why is HLJ the only store that sells these kits? I don't want to preorder from them cause they took so long to ship the YF-19 that I ended up cancelling and ordering from somewhere else.

As far as Japanese sites, it’s basically the same story for all Bandai kits. Hlj and amiami get a pass since they operate as somewhat American sites and most of the rest haven’t used that loophole. The others also don’t limit their preorders to a low enough level. I guess Bandai wants the retailers to limit preorder amounts to one per customer on the initial release.
It’s all confusing and weird, but supposedly it was done to help American sellers get stock and not get shut out by the Japanese retailers taking all the business before the shipments even arrive from Japan 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The best thing about the Max Jenius version? It's a retail kit, not a P-Bandai kit. 

On 5/21/2023 at 4:03 AM, lechuck said:

I am hoping they get around to making the Ozma variant with the much better head design.

And knowing my luck that would be the one they decide to do as P-Bandai.

Considering it's a rather obscure variant from a video game, the possibility of it being P-Bandai is all but assured. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...