Bandai HG 1/100 YF-29

lechuck

• 1 month later...

So I received the P-Bandai YF-29 Alto Expansion Set today and noticed that the runner for the SMS base actually dates all the way back to 2009. I've been trying to figure out what earlier kit might have included this but am coming up empty. Anyone have any ideas?

In case it's unclear, the text reads:

©'07 BW/MFP•M ©'09,'11 BW/MFP
BA3-E ベース3 (Base 3)
BANDAI 2009
MADE IN JAPAN

marks indicate Nov 2023 production

PXL_20240118_091027400.jpg.f4067501cb4705e03fa37bfcaa60481a.jpg

Edited by kajnrig

What does the full sprue look like?

I know they released SMS stands for the original 1/72 VF-25 kits (just a variant base for one of their standard mecha stand designs), and bundled them with the armored kits, but I wouldn't expect this to use the same size stand as those.

44 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

What does the full sprue look like?

The rest of the sprue is just the remainder of the base.

44 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I know they released SMS stands for the original 1/72 VF-25 kits (just a variant base for one of their standard mecha stand designs), and bundled them with the armored kits, but I wouldn't expect this to use the same size stand as those.

Yeah, I have a bunch of those around the place and they're a good size larger than this one.

My guess now is that they may have planned to bundle this with some P-Bandai-/event-/etc.-exclusive variants of the 1/100 fighter kits that were scrapped due to a lack of popularity. Perhaps they even had a VF-27, and this would have been bundled with that and a YF-29 to celebrate the Sayonara no Tsubasa movie premiere... Wishful thinking...

Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, sh9000 said:

96B565E1-2E69-4F65-8807-A23A4E87335E.jpeg.e9d439e2baf161fae53d523264840e4f.jpeg

These are nice customs.

When these appeared in the video, I was excited thinking these are planned variants, then I turned on the translated subs and saw customs... crushing...