BattleStar Galactica

Myersjessee

Once again Comcast has managed to pull SciFi from my listings right when BSG is about to start, I guess I'll be downloading it.

356539[/snapback]

What the hell you talkin' about? I have Comcast and I am watching the SciFi Channel right now.

356689[/snapback]

Ummm... are you in my area? I said from MY channel list.

Once again Comcast has managed to pull SciFi from my listings right when BSG is about to start, I guess I'll be downloading it.

356539[/snapback]

What the hell you talkin' about? I have Comcast and I am watching the SciFi Channel right now.

356689[/snapback]

356764[/snapback]

I heard that in the Chicago area Comcast has moved Sci-fi to the Digital Cable package. There was a huge furor over it a few months back after Comcast made the announcement.

356539[/snapback]

356689[/snapback]

356764[/snapback]

Well Exo that is what BitTorrent is for

Major SPOILERS for EP 2-12

(Listed at a TV info site then pulled soon afterward, this is a screenshot someone took. Spoiler is in EP description)

http://img399.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cylonuhoh2wy.jpg

Also SPOILERS pic for S2 regarding someone (full human) in the Colonial Fleet who is also collaborating with the Cylons ( obviously not Boomer)

356661[/snapback]

It appears the Cylon breeding program is a success because that Cylon is pregnant.

356716[/snapback]

I just laughed so hard I almost spit my drink all over my desk. :lol:

Haven't seen this posted yet so...

(courtesy of Dark Horizons)

Episode listings and short synopsis for all of Season 2 (including 2nd half)

357059[/snapback]

The description of Episode 17 completely changes my view on the second half of the season. I don't quite now how I feel about this revelation yet.

Actually, the link that Azrael posted didn't seem spoilerish to me. Basically just the brief descriptions like what you would see on you TV guide. Just a brief description on what the episode is about, no specifics.

Now, the link that Death Hammer posted in the previous page DEFINATELY was spoilerish!

I'm not sure what Duke was refering to about episode 17, The description was pretty vague.

Chris

Here is an example of how they described the previously seen episodes 8-10

8. "Final Cut"

D'anna Biers (Lucy Lawless), an investigative journalist, is brought to Galactica to document the military life during wartime after criticism of the military reaches a fever pitch.

Air Date: September 9th 2005

9. "Flight of the Phoenix"

The Galactica is struck with a Cylon computer virus, while Helo faces disdain from his shipmates because of his relationship with a Cylon. Chief Tyrol throws himself into the impossible task of building a Viper from scratch.

Air Date: September 16th 2005

10. "Pegasus"

The crew is stunned to learn that the Battlestar Pegasus also survived the attack on the Colonies, but tensions run high when the Pegasus's Admiral Cain assumes command of the fleet.

Air Date: September 23rd 2005

I think it's safe, unless you don't even want to know what the episode is about.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Nevermind, I re-read you posts and you did say "anything"!

For anyone else though these descriptions are essentially spoiler free.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

I'm not sure what Duke was refering to about episode 17, The description was pretty vague.

Chris

357338[/snapback]

Re-read it. 12th word. This is in episode 17. I didn't expect to see it there. A clear departure from the original show.

Chris

357338[/snapback]

Re-read it. 12th word. This is in episode 17. I didn't expect to see it there. A clear departure from the original show.

357427[/snapback]

Either that or its a typo.

Chris

357338[/snapback]

357427[/snapback]

Either that or its a typo.

357435[/snapback]

Spoilers - Highlight at your onw risk

Not a typo, baby makes it. Cain is dissmissed, one way or another, and XO Fisk takes command.

Whatever happens, it will be interesting how this new dynamic develops.

13hrs 15min!!!

Chris

357911[/snapback]

oh crap, that's right, it's tonight, guess i better dvr it since i have to work.

357936[/snapback]

Oh oh oh checking torrent sites now.....

On the flip side they have just got arround to showing the first half of series 2 on the U.K sat channels. the first one is on over the weekend. Shame Ive seen them already :p

I'm still torqued off how they have handled Cain. They took Cain from being a living legend to a war criminal. And, maybe I am wrong here, but can't the frigging PRESIDENT OF THE 12 COLONIES have some say over her own military? Yes, I know enforcing it is another matter, but come on.

That said, I loved the episode. How can you not wannt to see more after that?

Oh, and I still hate the Baltar character. Ship him off to the Cylons already. And the Blackbird is still hideous looking. My 8 year old brother could come up with a better design that that, and he's a moron.

Well, Cain did mention that during war time she has complete control of the fleet.......so that does rather cut down on the president's powers.

Maybe she wants Cain killed so she can take over again :D

That was rather interesting......would you call it a deal where great minds think alike? Or foolish is what foolish does?

358149[/snapback]

I think its just how a typical military leader would handle giving an order to someone for something they aren't going to like, or that's kind of illegal. Of course I totally agree with Rousin because she is right - Cain has forgotten about who she is fighting for and is willing to kill anyone it takes. And because Adama actually gives a damn about his guys she's trying to take them out. I don't think though her XO is going to let that happen. I believe that's why he's been screening details via Tigh, to get her gone.

Oh, and I still hate the Baltar character. Ship him off to the Cylons already. And the Blackbird is still hideous looking. My 8 year old brother could come up with a better design that that, and he's a moron.

OK you do that - get a copy of Unigraphics or ask Knight26 for whatever he uses and see what you and your bro can come up with. But really, not every detail is going to be TEH AW3SOM3!!! in this or any show. Just look at the Highlander projects coming up and realize it could be worse. But they need a Baltar character, you're supposed to hate him, but it's helpful and interesting to have that extra inside-track into what the Cylons are thinking.

Oh, by the way, that's not Starbuck pointing that gun at Cain...

Yeah, I was thinking after she said she wanted to die that they'd get they tortured Cylon to do it. Makes sense, will get her killed like she wants aand there's so little blame to go around for something like that.

No school girl bitching here. I love the conlifct-oooh the conflict, and this evening's episode had snippets for next week's episode that will have plenty more.

As for Roslin setting in motion Cain's early retirement, that was at least slightly out of character for her, however Cain openly challenges her authority and scorns her with no shame so I can understand Roslin's thinking-hell hath no fury, after all...

Edited by myk

No school girl bitching here.  I love the conlifct-oooh the conflict, and this evening's episode had snippets for next week's episode that will have plenty more.

As for Roslin setting in motion Cain's early retirement, that was at least slightly out of character for her, however Cain openly challenges her authority and scorns her with no shame so I can understand Roslin's thinking-hell hath no fury, after all...

358198[/snapback]

I wouldn't say it's out of character for her...remember the elections for VP? She's learning how to survive in this world faster than anyone gives her credit for.

358198[/snapback]

Well, as the woman said, let's cut through it. You have 2 commanding officers. One who's decided to fall back and live, survived an assasination, and above it all, not rush head first into a very bad situation. Then we have the other one who's stripmining everything she gets her hands on and will most likely engage the entire Cylon fleet just to die a glorious death. We have 2 very strong opposing POVs and in the end, only one can continue because we can't continue this arguement forever. Someone's gotta give.

We gotta give credit to Roslin's character. She sized up a lot of bad situations pretty well. At the beginning of the series, she called for a retreat. Why? Well, you can't fight a war without soldiers. It's probably a good idea to regroup and come back when you can actually fight. Cylon agent? She sized him up pretty good. Saw through his mind games and blew him out the airlock. Kobal? Well, if you are going to regroup, you're gonna need a place to do it and you kinda need to know where to do it first. Now this. You've got 2 people who are willing to go to war with each other over petty things. Solution? One of them has got to go. And as she told Adama, you better do it before she does it to you. And you know she will. After thinking about it, Roslin's character is actually pretty useful.