BattleStar Galactica

Myersjessee

DeathHammer beat me to the punch for Six. She's perfectly beautiful as is. All the make up, 'done up' hair and Vegas Showgirl outfits and over the top lusty speach only spoils a perfectly beautiful woman.

Seriously, how sexy would Boomer be if she had to constantly tromp around in 6 inch heels, a cocktail dress with a perm and make up pancaked all over her face???  She'd get pretty tiresome pretty quick.

I'm getting really tired of the scenes with Baltar and Six at his lake side house. At least change the scenery occaisionally, Baltar(Moore) needs more imagination and less juvenile taste in women.

It was mentioned Six is 'boobless' and curvless. ! Boobless!? Damn man, how big do you need? Is there not enough surgicaly enhanced, Silicone 'Wonder Women' out there? As for curves, she's got them, just not a bosom that could smother a person to death. Besides, I find the boobies to be over glorified hood ornaments with no great use. :rolleyes:

358899[/snapback]

I agree, I guess I'm more in the minority about OVERLY GLAMMED or "SEXIFIED" women. I think they look better when they are done more sublte. IMO Six never looked better then when she was wearing the sweats when she was talking to Baltar about what she really is.

Chris

I agree, I guess I'm more in the minority about OVERLY GLAMMED or "SEXIFIED" women. I think they look better when they are done more sublte. IMO Six never looked better then when she was wearing the sweats when she was talking to Baltar about what she really is.

358935[/snapback]

According to the podcasts, Tricia Helfer (Six) actually looks like that when she comes to work, in sweats, hair tied back, like she just got out of bed. :lol:

Saw the re-broadcast last night. Great episode! You can feel the tension between both crews during the stand off.

Ya know the Blackbird doesn't look THAT bad actually...hats off to Starbuck for such a crazy mission, up the Cylon's nose and out again! Wonder how much more of that composite armor they got? :unsure:

Roslyn is playing her trump card and sticking with Adama for obvious reasons. Cain's command has been the direct opposite of what Adama has done since the Cylon Attack. In fact aside from killing civilians and taking FTL drives, I think Adama probably would have stripped the other ships of all other necessary equipement in order to engage the Cylons. Cain is mental. I feel that while she might be tactically sound to lead in combat, she has cracked already in all other aspects. I don't think any rational commander would resort to the acts she has done, wartime or not simple fact is you kill people so quickly during a near genocide your not really working on all cylinders.

The last couple of minutes of the show with the scenes splitting from Adama to Cain was one of the best build ups I have EVER seen on a tv show. Fisk I feel will not go through completly with the order, Cain's mistake was letting him pick the Marines. Cain will not "have a bullet put in her head". She will be arrested and tried for war crimes. She'll escape in a Raptor and frag a Cylon vessel. Pegasus will be part of the fleet! Wishful thinking I know but it works for me!

Oh, yeah...whoever thinks "Six" isn't hot or do able needs to have their testicales examined. You mean to tell me if that blonde didn't offer there would be no takers? :blink:

Edited by Zor Primus

I agree with Wolf about Six. Because Helfer as you see her is just as sexy, but she is stereotyped into that model role on Galactica. But I think it's very deliberate in that you get the message that evil can come in very pretty packages some times. Lots of religious overtones if you use Adam and Eve analogy for Six and Baltar.

Going beyond the sexiness of Helfer, we move to the conflict between Cain and Roslyn/Adama. It is fundamentally a difference of opinion. Whereas Cain might actually see hope (however unrealistic) of beating the Cylons and retaking their homes, Roslyn/Adama thinks of themselves from that loser perspective. (i.e. we've lost, let's run away and hope the other guys don't come after us) It's realistic given the military situation but absolutely defeatist, because it is based on a hope (completely false) that the Cylons will eventually lose interest.

The biggest rub is who is right. You can argue both sides of the story. Cain is not "mental" because she wants to go back to take the colonies. Her biggest problem is her inability to face the reality that the colonies are lost and her enemies are insurmontable at the moment. But she is a typical aggressive commander, and in her view, she doesn't want to admit defeat, if it takes stripping supply ships and knocking off a few annoying civvies to supply her war effort, so be it, it's war, and the enemy is intractable. (There are ample precedents of this type of actions in war, even if people in the U.S. think these type of military actions are barbaric, it's more the norm throughout most of human history than the exception) In Cain's defense, she is taking this step that is for her absolutely necessary to ensure victory.

On the flip side, I see Adama/Roslyn as the realists, but set up in a way that is a bit disturbing. Their view, and rightly justified is how will the human race survive, for them there is no such thing as a victory against the Cylons. Survival is the same thing as victory for them. But as leaders, they can be criticized for focusing on the short term and not even thinking about the long term. Which eventually is to wipe the Cylons as a race out of existence. It may not even happen in their grand children's lifetime, but it's a necessity. They fundamentally ignored the lessons that the Cylons taught them, which is there can be no peace with an enemy like the Cylons. Their predecessors stopped the war in a vain hope to make peace with the Cylons, and the result is they got a genocide for their efforts. The opening monologue said as much, the colonies weren't going on a war. By running away, they (Roslyn/Adama) are hoping to be able to run far enough so that the Cylons won't be able to track them down.

Fundamentally, it's like standing up to a bully, but picking the right time to do it. So far, Adama/Roslyn solution is to run away and hope the bully lose interest. Cain's solution is to immediately hit back when they aren't ready. Both sets are wrong. Worst of all, Rosyln still doesn't quite see this as a war that humans eventually must win. (note there isn't a particular instance where I think she treats the fleet like a nation at war, she treats it like her personal fifedom that she has to save and just squirrel away somewhere)

Well you can bitch all you want but you stil watch it every week.

There is no getting away from the fact that the story twists and turns more than a snake in a box of itching powder. Compaired to the 1970`s 80`s series it has more depth. The original series was for kids and not to stupid enough so the kids parents could watch it too. Nowadays we need somthing with depth. By the time a kid is 10 years old they have seen more twisted and inteligent plot lines in t.v shows than most of us 30 somethings saw before we were 18. Put this into perspective Programmes need to capture the audience more than they ever had to in the 70`s.

People look for that mistake in the period drama where they see a 747 flying over or the wrong type of telephone sitting on a desk or whatevre. With this in mind the producers of the programmes have to work harder and this breads competition and therefore better programmes, better for us the viewers. Lets face it they didnt make this series for the kids, they made it for the 20-30+`s who are all nostalgic about the old days and the series they watched as kids. ( we are all here because of our love of a 20+ year old cartoon series )

In the same way that Hasbro/Takra brought out the Binaltech/Alternator Transformers they were aming them at the 20+ market with disposable income and a want to re-attach themselves to their past, why else would they market toys that bear a resemblance to the G1 toys when they had so much success with the newer ranges.

What self respecting parent is gonna pay £20 for a toy that junior takes 30 mins to transform and will be broken inside a week when next to it on the shelf is a transformer that cost £3 and will make junior just as happy.

Its all about our age group we have money we make choices we are efectively the emotive force behind the nations, Politcians fear us manufactures love us and banks want us to spend with them.

All they need now is to bring out remakes of every thing Glen A Larson ever produced, which when you think about it is quite a back catalouge.

Battlestar Galactica, Buck Rogers, The A Team, Knight Rider, Magnum PI, Quincy, The Hardy Boys and Nancey Drew Mysteries, need I go on.

Personally I`d like to see Buck Rogers or may be The A Team ( I know there is suposed to be one being done)

They have done well with the cast but personally I`d like to see more of how Baltar came to have Six in his head. They never have broached this in the series. I mean he didnt just wake up one morning and POP! "Theres a Cylon in my head" Was it some sort of nano virus or was he abducted, is it an inplant is it organic or machine is he in fact mad or some kind of visionary. I hope they will explore this in the future episodes.

Edited by big F

They have done well with the cast but personally I`d like to see more of how Baltar came to have Six in his head. They never have broached this in the series. I mean he didnt just wake up one morning and POP! "Theres a Cylon in my head" Was it some sort of nano virus or was he abducted, is it an inplant is it organic or machine is he in fact mad or some kind of visionary. I hope they will explore this in the future episodes.

359043[/snapback]

Actually they already resolved this (sorta somwhat). There's no chip in his brain, basically he's nuts or there's some sort of spiritual connection to him and the Six that was on Caprica. (spiritual? from a robot? Yeah I know, but then again Boomer got knocked up)

Realistically speaking, it seems absurd that after human kind is near extinction and running for their lives, they rally behind a Secratary of Edjucation instead of a Military commander or person that at least commands the respect of the military. I argued earlier, the whole story line about elections and concerns about civil liberties was silly given the circumstances they found themselves in.

358916[/snapback]

How about the fact that not everybody buys into the military ubermensch fantasy that you seem to be projecting onto the show. They're trying to not only save their lives, but their society as well. And that's something that Cain can't or won't understand.

Realistically speaking, it seems absurd that after human kind is near extinction and running for their lives, they rally behind a Secratary of Edjucation instead of a Military commander or person that at least commands the respect of the military. I argued earlier, the whole story line about elections and concerns about civil liberties was silly given the circumstances they found themselves in.

358916[/snapback]

How about the fact that not everybody buys into the military ubermensch fantasy that you seem to be projecting onto the show. They're trying to not only save their lives, but their society as well. And that's something that Cain can't or won't understand.

359052[/snapback]

Thats the whole point of bringing in Cain. But what are you gonna do? Some people wont get it... they're too busy on trying to make up excuses on why they still hate the show a season and a half later. :rolleyes:

359052[/snapback]

Yup, thats about right. In that aspect the two Cains are alike..gung-ho with little to no care for the long term outcome.

359052[/snapback]

Saving their life is one thing, it's believable. But the problem is as a society, the idiot humans are doomed if they don't get it through their head at one point that the Cylons won't stop until they're all dead. That's the whole point behind flight, run away and hope the Cylons can't find us. It's the same failure to learn the lessons of the colonies where they all died because they kept wanting peace with the Cylons. There is some sense to it, run away long enough to get strong and come back and fight.

Cain is right after a fashion, survival lies in the destruction of the Cylons. The problem is she is unrealistic as to the timing from this. They need a real force if they have a chance to go after the Cylons, which is why the civies are important and couldn't be sacrificed needlessly. Ha ha, they needed to have looked at the Cylon situation like a game of age of empires.

Plan:

- flush out all cylon agents in fleet.

- split off Galatica and part of civvie fleet (ideally minimally populated with worst ships around) and have them lead the Cylons on a merry chase. Prolong the chase, and give Galactica nukes to take down as many Cylons as possible.

- Have Pegasus and the rest of the ships set up a base of operation, rebuild, even if it takes forever.

- Then start attacking Cylons again when the time is ready. Take the colonies.

- Then find Cylon homeworld, and destroy it.

See, easy, like a game of Age of Empires.

I find it difficult to imagine a scenario where the Galactica can win in a shooting war with the Cylons. Even if the Cylons didn't just overwhelm the Galactica with sheer numbers, they could easily wear them down by attrition. There's less than 50,000 humans left alive. And the Cylons? For all we know, they could have massive factories capable of producing a Raider every 30 seconds. They certainly seemed nonplussed by the loss of the Basestar over Kobol. Like Adama said, the "war" is over. We lost. The only realistic option is to get the hell out of that region of the galaxy altogether.

I find it difficult to imagine a scenario where the Galactica can win in a shooting war with the Cylons. Even if the Cylons didn't just overwhelm the Galactica with sheer numbers, they could easily wear them down by attrition. There's less than 50,000 humans left alive. And the Cylons? For all we know, they could have massive factories capable of producing a Raider every 30 seconds. They certainly seemed nonplussed by the loss of the Basestar over Kobol. Like Adama said, the "war" is over. We lost. The only realistic option is to get the hell out of that region of the galaxy altogether.

359085[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly...the only way to survive for now is to hide and re-populate.

359085[/snapback]

Difficult? Ha, try impossible, which is why it seems so easy for everyone to dismiss Cain as a nutjob because she wants to keep fighting. But the 50K humans are only looking at one side of the picture. Very characteristic of short term thinking without the ability to look at the larger picture over a long time period.

Sooner or later, the humans better think about how to kill all the Cylons. Because it's the same wishful thinking that the Cylons would leave them alone that got them into this mess in the first place. If these humans place the vain hope that the Cylons will consider themselves to be so powerful that they'll eventually ignore the humans, then they are doomed. Hope is not a military strategy or a realistic option.

Realistic to retreat for now, definitely a correct course, but in due time (it might be centuries given what's happened), they need to think about going after the cylons and wiping them out. The issue with Adama and Roslyn is that as leaders they aren't looking at the long term. No hint of that at all. Their plan to get to Earth is a good start. But if the Cylons follow them there, then they're screwed. They need to think about how to find Earth without having the Cylons following them, and they need to think about how to build up Earth while in hiding and eventually get the Cylons later, even if it take centuries. But there is no evidence they're thinking along those lines. Hence, if Cain is a nutjob with a flawed concept, then Adama and Roslyn doesn't seem much better. The Kobolt experience should've taught them something, namely that the Cylons are relentless.

Hence, if Cain is a nutjob with a flawed concept, then Adama and Roslyn doesn't seem much better. 

359109[/snapback]

Adamalyn haven't turned on the defenseless civilians they're supposed to be serving. Cain has. Adamalyn wins.

Now, the lack of a long term plan of the Adama/Rosalyn combine is actually part of my larger "Galactica thesis" but that goes beyond the scope of this specific discussion. They might not have thought it out yet, but at least they have some semblence of a plan.

Adamalyn haven't turned on the defenseless civilians they're supposed to be serving. Cain has. Adamalyn wins.

Now, the lack of a long term plan of the Adama/Rosalyn combine is actually part of my larger "Galactica thesis" but that goes beyond the scope of this specific discussion. They might not have thought it out yet, but at least they have some semblence of a plan.

359115[/snapback]

Adama and Roslyn wins? What did they win? A trip to Vegas? A five night stay at New York, New York? A swift kick in the ass?

You misunderstand the obvious choices that are necessary in war. Cain has obviously taken on the belief that all measures are needed to win a war against an intractable enemy. History is replete with such examples. Is it the correct way to win? I don't think so. Cain is only narrowing her scope to the military, it isn't wrong, but it's not looking at the long term big picture. She is looking at the short term tactical solutions, which might work well in the near term, but will kill her in the long run.

Adama and Roslyn has no semblence of planning at all. Their plan in a nutshell, run from Cylons, find Earth, and hope the Cylons don't come after us. If you think that's a workable plan for the long term big picture, that's just flawed. It's like saying: "I just got kicked in the balls, I'm going to go run and hide now, and hope that the same person isn't going to come after me and kick me in the balls again." If that's what you pass for a plan... fantastic, there are all kinds of ways that others can take advantage of you.

And what is this "larger Galactica thesis," now I'm mildly curious.

Adama and Roslyn wins?  What did they win?  A trip to Vegas?  A five night stay at New York, New York?  A swift kick in the ass?

You misunderstand the obvious choices that are necessary in war.  Cain has obviously taken on the belief that all measures are needed to win a war against an intractable enemy.  History is replete with such examples.  Is it the correct way to win?  I don't think so.  Cain is only narrowing her scope to the military, it isn't wrong, but it's not looking at the long term big picture.  She is looking at the short term tactical solutions, which might work well in the near term, but will kill her in the long run.

Adama and Roslyn has no semblence of planning at all.  Their plan in a nutshell, run from Cylons, find Earth, and hope the Cylons don't come after us.  If you think that's a workable plan for the long term big picture, that's just flawed.  It's like saying: "I just got kicked in the balls, I'm going to go run and hide now, and hope that the same person isn't going to come after me and kick me in the balls again."  If that's what you pass for a plan... fantastic, there are all kinds of ways that others can take advantage of you.

And what is this "larger Galactica thesis,"  now I'm mildly curious.

359124[/snapback]

They haven't planned a "long term plan" yet. Right now, to keep from getting their asses handed to them they have to run. Their plan is to find Earth and repopulate. If they had the means to fight and win, I think they'd do so. At this particular moment in time, they cannot. They take shots when they can...Hand of God episode ring a bell? Ressurection Ship Pt 2? There is nothing wrong with regrouping and living to fight when they have a chance (might take a century or two, looking at the current circumstances). Or ya can Leeeroy Jenkins the Cylons if you want. ( I finally learned what the hell that meant the other day). Good luck.

And...you're taking this show far too seriously. It's only been a few months since their 12 planets got cashiered and they've been on the run to keep from getting exterminated. They lost the war. If the uber bad guy kicks you in the nuts and breaks all your limbs so you can't fight at all, you do crawl away (Bad example because I'd be doing the limb breaking)...and heal and come back and rip them new ones. But that takes time. Whoever said they are going to run away forever and never plan to come back someday? They'd do it when they were ready.

Edited by Gaijin

Looks to me like Roslin and Adama actually aren't as desperate and accepting of their defeat as Cain. They want to survive. Obviously the circumstances help, Roslin is dying and Adama is swayed by his son and surrogate daughter. It was pretty clear in the miniseries that Adama was going to do what Cain was going to do - bring the fight to the bloody end, the only thing that changed his mind was him thinking Apollo was dead then seeing him alive again.

Cain looks like she knows shes going to die. But why not go down swinging? Its hard to blame Cain, the Cylons killed everyone and everything the humans loved and held dear. You think someone with a dead spouse from 9/11 wouldn't jump at the chance to fill a plane full of Iraqi children and nukes and fly it straight into a Saudi hospital?

The normal chain of command is gone. People are still reporting to duty because its all they know, all they have to keep their sanity. But what would you do if they quit? Not much really. Adama breeds loyalty because he is the grizzled old man. Hes far too kind and too soft on his crew. But its why they were willing to kill other humans without question at the end of the Pegasus episode. They probably wouldn't do it for Tigh, but they'd do it for Adama. Cain gets loyalty through fear, works just as good.

The BSG is an old ship, about to be retired before the attack. Theres a reason why the ship has an old tottering commander, his drunk buddy as XO, a classic talented screwup like Starbuck and young green pilots like Boomer. I doubt anything Galactica has is top of the line. I'd even bet the Galactica assignment prewar was probably a way to shuttle off soon to be retirees and headcases. Given what he has to work with, and knowing the enemy firsthand, he chooses to run. Tactically its not a bad move.

Cain isn't wrong though, there has to be a way to kill the Cylons en masse. They are after all machines and networked together somehow. And truth be told, if any kind of truce happens, the Colonial Fleet would need some kind of leverage combat wise to broker a peace. Since it can't be done via attrition, then there will have to be some kind of universal kill switch.

After watching the episode again, I doubt the attack plan Starbuck presented was the real attack plan. At least we get to see what they've been saving all their money for this past half year.

I just really don't understand.  M.J. if you dislike the show so very much, why spend so much of your time watching it and then dissecting every episode?

358923[/snapback]

Again, I liked the Mini series, I liked Season one, a few plot lines seemed cheesy, but it was fairly logical and well done. I more or less liked the main characters.(except Roslin)

I'm not going through all the finer points again, but Season two presented a lot of lousy character development that made me feel far less sympathetic to any of the main characters.

On the upside, I still think the mechanical Cylon kick ass. The problem is, we rarely see them and they have little to attack anymore. Plus the Galactica seems to swat Cylons aside like they're flies recently, they don't seem so ominous now.

I don't think watching an episode a week, when it's new, is watching a lot. Especially considering how few episodes they're are. I've only watched each episode once and the mini twice.

There's no arguement from me that Galactica is the best Sci-Fi series running but then it is practically the ONLY Sci-Fi out there. (Sorry Stargate fans, that show doesn't float my boat.)

I'm a fan with a critical mind I guess, sorry to offend the die hards but I think what crticism I offer has merit. Seems this show has Holy Grail status for some. The writing could be better, that's what it boils down to for me.

I figured it out. It's NOT Number 6 that kills Cain...it's Sharon. In the first part they show her on the sitting with the Dr. and Adama. The camera pans down and shows her wrists that are brused.

Number 6 would be too easy a guess. Sharon would have TWO good reasons one Helo and teh Chief, second what was done to her.

Now how does she get on the Pegasus?

I just really don't understand.  M.J. if you dislike the show so very much, why spend so much of your time watching it and then dissecting every episode?

358923[/snapback]

That was my question many a time a few pages ago. The people who complain about the show tend to watch it even more than people who do.

But then again, this is MW, where bitching about things is job one.

For Example:

"They ripped off Macross Plus!!"

"I hate buying DVD's I already bought 5 years ago! Now they are forcing me to buy it again"

"They've ruined Cain! He's supposed to be likable!"

"iPods suck! I like the (insert POS mp3 player name here)"

"Macross dubbed...blasphemy!!"

"the hands are too small!! "

and so forth...........

358924[/snapback]

I only watch each episode once.

Guess I am 'bitching', but I think I do so with reason. From my view, a good show is getting less and less good.

-Not that big a fan of Mac. Plus, so I don't care who rips it off.(Mac. Plus ain't that original)

-I don't buy DVDs that I bough 5 years ago, again. :huh:

-I could care less about the male Cain, I don't like the old show.

-I don't own an iPod or particularly know what it does, looks like a Walkman to me, bid deal.

-Macross dubbed; actually I enjoy Clash of the Bionoids and a few of the old Robotech voices are pretty good.(Roy and Max in particular)

-Hands too small, I'm not sure but I assume that's about one of the latest toys. I'm a model guy myself.

Actually they already resolved this (sorta somwhat). There's no chip in his brain, basically he's nuts or there's some sort of spiritual connection to him and the Six that was on Caprica. (spiritual? from a robot? Yeah I know, but then again Boomer got knocked up)

359048[/snapback]

OPPPSSSSS!!! I missed that. doh ! substandard memory.

All this talk about running or fighting made me think of something....

The Cylons "SEEM" to know everything, because of thier religion right.

Well, remember at the end of the Mini, when the cylons boarded Ragnar, one of them says something like "we have to find them." "you know they'll come back."

I wonder if that'll play out.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Oh, MJ, small hands is refering to people bitching about Hayden Christianson (spelling) in the Vader outfit. People were bitching about Vaders hands looking too small.

Chris

..... run away long enough to get strong and come back and fight.

359080[/snapback]

This is in essence what the Cylons did. It worked for them, If the School bully hits you and you run away, he will come and find you and hit you again. The only way to beat him is thump him back harder. This is easier when its one on one but the principal is the same, they just need to kill the bully and his family, something that will take great intell (finding the secret kill all method) or just time and numbers.

Adammas plan to kill Cain is flawed mainly because he asked Starbuck to do the job.

Starbuck the Maveric loose cannon who hardly ever follows orders. You know its all gonna pan out different to the way we think, the previews show and Adamma planned.

After watching the episode again, I doubt the attack plan Starbuck presented was the real attack plan. At least we get to see what they've been saving all their money for this past half year.

359176[/snapback]

I agree with you 100% on this. It just doesn't seem like Adama to put Starbuck into a situation where he could be reasonably sure that she'd get shot in retaliation immediately after shooting Cain. No, something else is coming. I mean, it's already reasonably safe to believe that she doesn't succeed in shooting Cain, but I just hope that some rationale is given for him ordering Starbuck to assassinate her. (i.e. misdirection - he knew that Starbuck was being monitored or something, so he wanted Cain and her people to be watching Starbuck while Adama set up something else to happen.)

I'm liking the "Sharon kills Cain" theory, but I doubt it'll pan out. It'd be an interesting way for Sharon to prove her loyalty, even though it's a strangly backhanded way to do it. The officers on the Pegasus would not stand for it and would shoot her on sight, so I don't believe it's gonna be her...

I doubt the show would do it and I doubt the character would do it, but Roslin is the ideal choice. Shes not part of the military apparatus and shes dying anyway. Killing Cain could just be claimed as being delusional from her medication. Frankly, no one would suspect her and she'd probably get Cain to let her guard down, after all shes only a 'school teacher' If shes gunned down/executed later, she would have died anyway at some point. It removes the military conspiracy aspect of it and washes Adamas hands of the blood.

It would be the right move, the logical thing. Which is why Roslin wouldn't do it. Which is another reason why I dislike Roslin's character.

Say what you want to say about the Pegasus crew being nazis or whatever, their pilots sure looked a lot more professional in the the chaos of the potential dogfight and looked to have the drop on the noob pilots of BSG. Sure, Starbuck and Apollo weren't there to help, but what can 2 pilots do against a whole squadron? Sometimes listening to Kat and Hot Dog gets annoying and to hear the real pilots of the Pegasus focus in on a job was a good relief as opposed to the "YEEEHAAA, JESTER's DEAD!" thing.

Well, isn't Kat supposed to eventually turn out to be like Max?

359323[/snapback]

You mean Kat is going to undergo surgery? :unsure:

Yikes. I didn't think the fleet has the proper... uh.... equipment. Is old Doc Cottle that kind of surgeon too?

As far as the right strategy question, like I pointed out earlier, neither Cain nor Adama/Roslyn have the right solution. They need to put in a long term objective at some point that's a bit more rational than "let's find Earth, and hope that the Cylons don't come after us again."