9 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

You're tame, lol! I'd be humming that Blue Thunder music when I was piloting a attack helicopter in a Battlefield 4 urban map!!

Wow... thanks for the ad hominem attack there bud. As if I wasn't having enough of a crappy week already with folks on other sites attacking me.

*activates ignore feature*

7 minutes ago, Big s said:

It would be way more epic with the Airwolf theme and a lot less tame. 

Edited by pengbuzz

Took the family to see TROLLS: Band Together yesterday. The kids enjoyed the music and fun. My wife really loved the all the boy band references as that was more her musical taste and generation.

On a negative note we bought tickets via Fandango and the convenience fee was $8 which I think is ridiculously high and doesn't help theaters bring in audiences. Next time we'll just check seating availability and plan on purchasing the tickets at the cinema instead.

On 11/12/2023 at 2:56 PM, sh9000 said:

Official Trailer.

Looking forward to this. I very much like Watchmen and 300, so I'm hoping it'll be good. The action is there, I just hope it has a decent story too.

Anyone got an idea what the weapons are based on? So far I'm getting vibes of

28 minutes ago, Old_Nash_II said:

Pode ser uma imagem de 1 pessoa e texto que diz "REBELMOON PART ONE A CHILD OF FIRE SOFIA BOUTELLA IS KORA ONLY ON NETFLIX DECEMBER 22 PG-13"

Glock G17?

Pode ser uma imagem de 1 pessoa e texto que diz "REBELMOON PART ACHOFIRE ONE A CHILD OF FIRE MICHIEL HUISMAN IS GUNNAR ONLY ON NETFLIX DECEMBER 22 PG-13-"

I dunno, the thumb hole, wooden stock, and long length extending past the screen makes me think of the WA2000, but it has a mass and overall silhouette that makes me think more of a sci-fi AK.

Pode ser uma imagem de 1 pessoa e texto que diz "REBELMOON PART ONE CHILD OFFIRE OF FIRE CHARLIE HUNNAM IS ΚΑΙ ONLY ON NETFLIX DECEMBER 22 PG-13"

Gives the impression of some sort of revolver.

Pode ser uma imagem de 1 pessoa e texto que diz "REBELMOON PART PARTONE ONE A CHILD OF FIRE DOONA BAE IS NEMESIS ONLY X|DB22 ON DECEMBER 22 PG-13"

Sci-fi Chinese meat cleavers? Probably a high-frequency blade of some sort. They always are.

Pode ser uma imagem de 1 pessoa e texto que diz "REBEL EBELMOON PART PARTONE ONE CHIVO OF FIRE DJIMON HOUNSOU IS GENERAL TITUS ONLY ON NETFLIX DECEMBER 22 F PG-13"

Now that I get a good look at it, it seems the same gun as in Michiel Huisman's poster. From this angle it definitely looks more like just a "generic sci-fi carbine rifle." 

Pode ser uma imagem de 1 pessoa e texto que diz "REBELMOON PART ONE A CHILD OF FIRE CLEOPATRA COLEMAN IS DEVRA BLOODAXE ONLY ON NETFLIX DECEMBER 22 PG-13"

I don't know, but it definitely looks really front-heavy and probably a pain to wield.

Pode ser uma imagem de 1 pessoa e texto que diz "REBEL REBELMOON PART PARTONE ONE A CHILD OF FIRE RAY FISHER IS DARRIAN BLOODAXE ONLY ON NETFLIX DECEMBER 22 PG-13"

Another generic sci-fi rifle. For whatever reason, my mind went to the Marines' assault rifles in Aliens.

Pode ser uma imagem de 1 pessoa e texto que diz "REBELMOON PART ONE A CHILD OF ACHILDOFFIRE FIRE E. DUFFY IS MILIUS ONLY ON NETFLIX DECEMBER 22 PG-13"

This is the most obvious so far, a barely dressed-up Kriss Vector.

Pode ser uma imagem de 1 pessoa e texto que diz "REBELMOON REBEL PART ÛCHLFIRE ONE A CHILD OF FIRE ED SKREIN IS NOBLE ONLY ONLY ON NETFLIX DECEMBER 22 一 PG-3"

I gotta say, looks like he's swinging around a dick and balls. :lol:

6 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Kriss Vector.

7 hours ago, Old_Nash_II said:

Pode ser uma imagem de 1 pessoa e texto que diz "REBELMOON REBEL PART ÛCHLFIRE ONE A CHILD OF FIRE ED SKREIN IS NOBLE ONLY ONLY ON NETFLIX DECEMBER 22 一 PG-3"

Expand  

I gotta say, looks like he's swinging around a dick and balls. :lol:

Definitely a vector.
This one is either the robot genitals of Jimmy that led to his reason for a need for vengeance or it’s really just a sci fi fan so he can do a sexy fan dance

So I watched Ridley Scott's Napoleon, and well....

You ever watch a movie that is so bad, it starts to become so unintentionally funny you start to wonder if it was done on purpose?

Yeah that's this film. The pacing and focus is all over the place to the point if you don't have a keen interest in the Napoleonic era you will have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on.

Joaquin Phoenix is miscast badly being way too old and terrible in this. He spends most of the film with a look on his face that resembles the slight discomfort of having a broomstick broken off up his ass and no way to get it out... When he's not making the "O" face spending a surprising amount of time balls deep in Josephine doggy style trying to produce an heir.

As for historical accuracy there really isn't much. Outside of the most broadest summary of people and places this movie showcases, liberties have been taken with damn near everything. Not in "we need to rework things for pacing issues or time constraints," but more in a "We have no idea what the hell we are doing!" sort of way.

Spoiler

Napoleon abandons the Egyptian campaign, not because the French fleet got annihilated at the Battle of the Nile or he was repulsed at the Siege of Acre, but because Josephine was doing her best imitation of a village bicycle in Paris, and everybody knew it but him.

What little we actually see of Egypt is literally the two scenes in the trailer where he blows up the pyramids and the mummies tomb which makes fun of Napoleon's height. That and the scene where an officer tells him his wife is slurm.

It seems like an awful amount of 'history' to shove into two plus hours. Sounds like it would have been best to concentrate on one or two defining moments - and keep to Fact over entertaining Fiction.

And nix the sex scenes! More often than not, they are just uncomfortable and needless wastes of important minutes. (seconds.😉)

Edited by Thom

2 hours ago, Thom said:

It seems like an awful amount of 'history' to shove into two plus hours. Sounds like it would have been best to concentrate on one or two defining moments - and keep to Fact over entertaining Fiction.

And nix the sex scenes! More often than not, they are just uncomfortable and needless wastes of important minutes. (seconds.😉)

Shoving an awful amount of history into two plus hours is a massive understatement. The following literally happens over the course of 10 minutes...

Spoiler

Napoleon marries Josephine.

Josephine flirts with Hippolyte Charles during the wedding feast.

Napoleon bangs Josephine.

Napoleon is now in Egypt and fires on the pyramids.

Josephine bangs Hippolyte.

Napoleon stares at Egyptian mummy.

An officer tells Napoleon his wife is a ho.

Napoleon leaves Egypt.

The whole world knows Josephine is a ho.

Napoleon kicks Josephine out only to take her back in accepting she's a ho in the "you are nothing without me" scene. 

Napoleon meets with the French directorate over his deserting Egypt. He blames them for France being bankrupt and on the brink of invasion before adding he is aware his wife is a ho.

Napoleon meets with Tallyrand who suggests a coup to overthrow the Directory in favor of three consuls.

Montage of directory members being arrested.

Napoleon's brother addresses the national assembly and both are nearly killed before comically running away.

They rally the troops and storm the assembly and the "Shall we vote?" scene happens.

Napoleon becomes first consul.

Napoleon bangs Josephine...again.

Napoleon meets British ambassador and whines about how "You think you're so great because of all your boats!"

Tallyrand suggests Napoleon become a king or Emperor.

Napoleon bangs Josephine yet again.

Coronation scene.

45 minutes ago, renegadeleader1 said:

Shoving an awful amount of history into two plus hours is a massive understatement. The following literally happens over the course of 10 minutes...

Hide contents

Napoleon marries Josephine.

Josephine flirts with Hippolyte Charles during the wedding feast.

Napoleon is now in Egypt and fires on the pyramids.

Josephine bangs Hippolyte.

Napoleon stares at Egyptian mummy.

An officer tells Napoleon his wife is a ho.

Napoleon leaves Egypt.

The whole world knows Josephine is a ho.

Napoleon kicks Josephine out only to take her back in accepting she's a ho in the "you are nothing without me" scene. 

Napoleon meets with the French directorate over his deserting Egypt. He blames them for France being bankrupt and on the brink of invasion before adding he is aware his wife is a ho.

Napoleon meets with Tallyrand who suggests a coup to overthrow the Directory in favor of three consuls.

Montage of directory members being arrested.

Napoleon's brother addresses the national assembly and both are nearly killed before comically running away.

They rally the troops and storm the assembly and the "Shall we vote?" scene happens.

Napoleon becomes first consul.

Napoleon bangs Josephine...again.

Napoleon meets British ambassador and whines about how "You think you're so great because of all your boats!"

Tallyrand suggests Napoleon become a king or Emperor.

Napoleon bangs Josephine yet again.

Coronation scene.

Why am I suddenly imaging a clip of quick-cut scenes played to the tune of Benny Hill!?

:rofl:

Edited by Thom