On 3/25/2023 at 9:33 AM, Mog said:

Still think the Legioss should recess into the Tread a little more.  Make them look more like a single flying unit.

Kinda more like this, eh?

https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.7ec8792b017061154296527af8938ab0?rik=2M%2bqic%2fW707jWQ&riu=http%3a%2f%2fi9.photobucket.com%2falbums%2fa70%2fmichaelcabrera%2fMacro%2fMasterpiece-Alpha--Beta1.jpg&ehk=Li1p9D7vxHUavEwk2jAI%2fsRR%2fMqdILC3P9XqGMudG0Y%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Well, considering how small the footprint is on the backend of the Sentinel Legioss, you’d think they could design something to compress them together a bit more, even more so than the Toynami combo.

I still enjoy the Toynami Beta (hell, still have my two copies of the ol’ blue) but there are flaws that can be improved upon.  

As I’ve said before, it would be nice if Sentinel’s combo would have three solid connection points (as opposed to Toynami’s single one).

3 hours ago, wwwmwww said:

Does anyone know what magazine and issue this image is from?  I'm tempted to pick up a copy.

Thanks, Carl

Hobby Japan May 2023 Issue.

3 hours ago, CoryHolmes said:

image.png.678a908c58fb384b59744cd8518525ce.png

Thanks for sharing. Looks awesome! :good: 

27 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

image.png.678a908c58fb384b59744cd8518525ce.png

Thanks for sharing. Looks awesome! :good: 

As good as the Toynami stickers were for the Beta, they should have made the stickers for the wings bigger.

On 3/30/2023 at 11:33 AM, no3Ljm said:

Thanks!  I found the issue on Hobby Link Japan but the shipping alone is 3 to 4x the cost of the magazine.  What is the best way to pick up a single issue these days?

Also I just found this tool: https://translate.yandex.com/ocr

It can take something like this:

text01.png.297c79bdd32a41b19ffd6749bff48154.png

And turn it into this:

test02.png.9a16111b02068043a917205c242607f9.png

I'm curious if this means Sentinel is planning on producing the Bulldog too.  I suspect they could reuse the majority of the molds needed from the Tread.  Or is this image connected to the Genesis Breaker story?  Or another project?

Thanks again, Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

On 3/29/2023 at 2:16 PM, Mog said:

Please let the US$ to Yen exchange rate stay the same! 😇

She’s a little more curvy than the Toynami Beta.  But I’m hoping they also incorporate the top shoulder missile launchers and hard points on the wings.

Don't know about the shoulder launchers, but there is a hardpoint visible on the bottom of the folded wing. ^_^ 

8 hours ago, wwwmwww said:

Thanks!  I found the issue on Hobby Link Japan but the shipping alone is 3 to 4x the cost of the magazine.  What is the best way to pick up a single issue these days?

*snip*

I'm curious if this means Sentinel is planning on producing the Bulldog too.  I suspect they could reuse the majority of the molds needed from the Tread.  Or is this image connected to the Genesis Breaker story?  Or another project?

Thanks again, Carl

You’re welcome! I buy the magazines usually from Amazon Japan. However, buying a single issue is not worth it due to the shipping cost. So everytime I ordered a magazine from AJ, I ended buying other titles as well just to compensate the shipping cost.

The other alternative would be if there’s a Japantown close to your area you can probably check their Kinokuniya Bookstore. They carry mangas, hobby books, and other magazines. Though I have a feeling that it might end up with the same cost like ordering it directly from Japan. Try to call them first if you have one close to your area. :good: 

What's sad is that if you bought both of those items when they were first released, the COMBINED price would be about the same price you'd pay "recently" for a single Sentinel Legioss. 😬

On 3/27/2023 at 10:11 PM, no3Ljm said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Seeing this in 3d here, I'm seeing more elements of more recent Aramaki designs than I expected... and I like it.

Now this makes me wish Sentinel would do BGC similarly.

Of the four new Ride Armors, it’s the least crazy of the new designs.

Actually, both female ones aren’t too bad.  It’s just that the other two are a bit out there, design-wise.

22 hours ago, Mog said:

Of the four new Ride Armors, it’s the least crazy of the new designs.

Actually, both female ones aren’t too bad.  It’s just that the other two are a bit out there, design-wise.

I don't disagree that they're "out there", like you said. I'll even go one further and say that they don't make a lot of sense, and seem like genuinely bad ideas in the real world.

All of that said, they're still fun, IMHO, and I think they'd look cool on my displays.

I will add that I only just recently, FINALLY, got around to opening and playing with the Bartley. I don't know if it's the general improvements Sentinel has made, or just the little added touches on this design, but I really enjoy it and it has reawakened my enjoyment of Sentinel's take on the ride armors.

MEPTOYS Invid Scouts and Invid Hellcats. Now.... These were on discount on MEPTOYS website for good reason and he explains that up front when you buy them, but I went ahead and picked up a batch. Yes, you will have to put in a little time with Future or the Joint Fix stuff and tighten up the leg joints on the scouts, they are very loose, and I will of course be painting the two Cyclone riders eventually.  That being said, you gotta say, they certainly LOOK the part!  Paint apps are good, display stands are finicky but functional. Considering these are the ONLY toys pretty much ever made for this mecha, not counting the 80s Matchbox ones which I still have, I'm pleased. The packaging has a very premium feel to it and so do the figures minus the joint tightness issues. I NEVER in million years thought I would live to see the day where I got Invid toys from Robotech II The Sentinels. I did like the show, what we got of it, I need to dig out my DVD someday just for fun. MEPTOYS is/was on the right track here, they're manufacturing just needs a little polishing. I hope they continue to produce stuff, they definitely try hard and you can tell they care about the subject matter. 

20230406_205212.jpg

20230406_205219.jpg

20230406_205226.jpg

20230406_205234.jpg

20230406_205243.jpg

20230406_205250.jpg

20230406_205257.jpg

20230406_205304.jpg

5 hours ago, derex3592 said:

MEPTOYS Invid Scouts and Invid Hellcats. Now.... These were on discount on MEPTOYS website for good reason and he explains that up front when you buy them, but I went ahead and picked up a batch. Yes, you will have to put in a little time with Future or the Joint Fix stuff and tighten up the leg joints on the scouts, they are very loose, and I will of course be painting the two Cyclone riders eventually.  That being said, you gotta say, they certainly LOOK the part!  Paint apps are good, display stands are finicky but functional. Considering these are the ONLY toys pretty much ever made for this mecha, not counting the 80s Matchbox ones which I still have, I'm pleased. The packaging has a very premium feel to it and so do the figures minus the joint tightness issues. I NEVER in million years thought I would live to see the day where I got Invid toys from Robotech II The Sentinels. I did like the show, what we got of it, I need to dig out my DVD someday just for fun. MEPTOYS is/was on the right track here, they're manufacturing just needs a little polishing. I hope they continue to produce stuff, they definitely try hard and you can tell they care about the subject matter. 

20230406_205212.jpg

20230406_205219.jpg

20230406_205226.jpg

20230406_205234.jpg

20230406_205243.jpg

20230406_205250.jpg

20230406_205257.jpg

20230406_205304.jpg

That scout looks pretty cool for a first try. I wish that the Japanese companies gave it a go, but so far they really haven’t. It’s too bad that they didn’t get to refine the toy better before losing the license. A few minor changes and it could have been perfect, but glad to see someone tried

I plan on repainting Sentinel's Bartley in the near future.  Any ideas on how difficult it may be to break down the armor?  Any one knows if paint will adhere to the plastic or do I need to prep it with some sanding and primer?  I am hoping someone has already tried to customize one.  

In regards to the Genesis Breakers, has there been a published release date or  established price point?  I would hate to miss out on a preorder.  

-Thanks

Edited by okinawaHAI!

5 hours ago, okinawaHAI! said:

I plan on repainting Sentinel's Bartley in the near future.  Any ideas on how difficult it may be to break down the armor?  Any one knows if paint will adhere to the plastic or do I need to prep it with some sanding and primer?  I am hoping someone has already tried to customize one.  

@Mog repainted his. Which looks stunning and correct. :wub: You can find it on Page 320. Hope he can see this so he can share how he did it. :good: 

B802A268-9DBE-4BFA-9A61-6416CAA9920F.jpeg

5 hours ago, okinawaHAI! said:

In regards to the Genesis Breakers, has there been a published release date or  established price point?  I would hate to miss out on a preorder.  

-Thanks

Nope. Still TBA. What you can do is Follow this thread and set to how you want to get notified. That way, when someone started posting the PO date and links you will not miss it.

It was all brush painting.

The bike itself isn’t too difficult to disassemble and paint.  All those ball joints help to separate it out into manageable components.

In regards to her actual armor, I didn’t really disassemble her.  Just took my time.  And any paint slop I just scratch out lightly with a toothpick.

7 minutes ago, Mog said:

It was all brush painting.

The bike itself isn’t too difficult to disassemble and paint.  All those ball joints help to separate it out into manageable components.

In regards to her actual armor, I didn’t really disassemble her.  Just took my time.  And any paint slop I just scratch out lightly with a toothpick.

Thanks @Mog:drinks:

It was painted directly to the figure, correct? No sanding or priming whatsoever? Wish I have stable hands like you. ;) 

Yup.  Just painted directly onto the plastic.

I’ve done my Malcolm Gladwell 1000 hours of experience, doing customs at the 3.75 inch scale.  So, it wasn’t as difficult to paint Houquet and her Bartley at this larger scale.

But as I’m getting older, I am noticing that I have to flip off the glasses to focus on painting smaller details.  I’m hitting that weird far-sighted, “hold your phone at literally arm’s length to read it clearly” age.

1 minute ago, Mog said:

I’ve done my Malcolm Gladwell 1000 hours of experience, doing customs at the 3.75 inch scale.  So, it wasn’t as difficult to paint Houquet and her Bartley at this larger scale.

But as I’m getting older, I am noticing that I have to flip off the glasses to focus on painting smaller details.  I’m hitting that weird far-sighted, “hold your phone at literally arm’s length to read it clearly” age.

Hahaha! Same here. Though aside from holding the phone at arm's length, I also tend to angle either my head or the phone. :lol: 

2 hours ago, Mog said:

I guess I’m lucky that I’m nearsighted. Just watch out for me on the road 

Yeah, nearsighted with astigmatism for me.  

But that crazy “can’t focus close up on things” bit hits as you get older.  One of my old optometrist warned me that would happen later. <shrugs>

18 hours ago, derex3592 said:

20230406_205212.jpg

20230406_205219.jpg

20230406_205226.jpg

20230406_205234.jpg

20230406_205243.jpg

20230406_205250.jpg

20230406_205257.jpg

20230406_205304.jpg

Congrats on getting yours.  I also like how they still turned out.  Too bad the Invid Shock Trooper wasn't somehow offered again and for cheaper.

27 minutes ago, Mog said:

Yeah, nearsighted with astigmatism for me.  

But that crazy “can’t focus close up on things” bit hits as you get older.  One of my old optometrist warned me that would happen later. <shrugs>

Next thing we know we're going to make a thread dedicated for 'Who's Who on IOL (Intraocular Lens) Impants'. ;) 

image.gif.5fd5b5920443d64fdbb7ce38f2ba1989.gif

I blame my farsightness for not finding the previous posts...

Thanks no3Ljm for the information and great idea on account setup for notifications. Mog you have inspired me to do a repaint.  I am totally going against the grain on this one and aim for a more contemporary look on the repaint.   

-Regards

On 4/9/2023 at 5:28 AM, okinawaHAI! said:

I blame my farsightness for not finding the previous posts...

Thanks no3Ljm for the information and great idea on account setup for notifications. Mog you have inspired me to do a repaint.  I am totally going against the grain on this one and aim for a more contemporary look on the repaint.   

-Regards

You're welcome! :drinks:

Looking forward to your repaint. :good: 

Looks like the prototype used for bomber mode pics has the wings installed on the wrong arms. 

The more exciting thing is that it looks like the boom to connects the toys is integrated into the Tread's pelvis. 

Hard to say what's happening with the landing gear. 

I don't see a knee swivel, good foot articulation, not sure what the head will be capable of... if anything.