I'm planning on selling off some excess MegaHouse ride armors this year. To prepare myself for no longer owning these toys I went ahead and shot a HD mega review. Check it out for a trip down memory lane (click on the link in my sig). Here's a pic in the meantime:

MH-Ride-Armor-8.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Imai kit is actually touted as being 1/48... In a world where a fully-grown adult male is 4 feet tall.

I loathed that kit so much when I was a kid: the engineering really fails on so many levels it's not even funny. The non-variable 1/72 kits are not only better but also probably the best plastic Legioss representations.

The Imai kit is actually touted as being 1/48... In a world where a fully-grown adult male is 4 feet tall.

I loathed that kit so much when I was a kid: the engineering really fails on so many levels it's not even funny. The non-variable 1/72 kits are not only better but also probably the best plastic Legioss representations.

I wonder if they tried to force the idea of the Legioss so small is because it was a triple change fighter so close to Macross -- and they were trying to make a differentiation?

In the end - we all realize that human males could never fit the way they suggest and the Legioss is probably a lot closer to VF-1 size . . .

I'm starting to think that this may very well be needed. Perhaps after the Eager (Baby Space Crab)

NICE!!!! But I'm torn too. I have the 1/32 Legioss and I'm STILL hoping for a 1/32 Tread to go with it. The pinnacle of all Mospeada models feels incomplete without this. Yes, I know it would be huge. Yes, I know it would be expensive. But I hope there is at least a small chance this sees the light of day sometime.

Keeping hope alive,

Carl

I'm feeling like its suddenly possible to get a 1/48th Tread! Not sure if we'll ever see a 1/32 tho.

In fact - a 1/48th Tread might be only 3 projects away; Mini Space Crab, Legioss Soldier (with all 3 heads included?) and then Tread Soldier??

And I feel confident this one will get a proper chest cover . . .

post-8486-0-40075500-1412953421_thumb.jpg

I remember trying to build that Legioss kit as a kid. I had bought two model kits from the local comic shop one day -- the Imai Legioss kit and a VF-1S kit. Both were epic fails -- gluing pieces together after I had accidentally skipped steps, trying to undo the bonding by running the pieces under hot water, accidentally dropping pieces down the drain...

Granted, I must have been about 9 years old and had never built a model before in my life.