I really feel like they missed the mark on the GBPs for Max & Miria... they're just too similar to the paint schemes of the underlying toys without enough contrast. Rick's GBP doesn't look just like his fast packs. I actually prefer Toynami's rather simple effort:

Toynami-SDCC19-GBP-1S-6.jpg?ssl=1

I received this email today from BBTS. No new photos of the product at BBTS. All we need now is the figure to be in circulation. The wait goes on.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/127580?o=4

Hello,

Thank you for Pre-ordering from BigBadToyStore!

Our vendor has informed us of an important design change regarding the Southern Cross Dana Sterling 1/12 Scale Figure Two-Pack. This will be a set of two figures instead of one figure with removable armor. Our website listing is now up to date and current with the most accurate information and photos available. 

If you no longer want this item, please log in and cancel it from your account. If you have any questions regarding this notice, please contact Customer Service for further assistance.

Sincerely,

BBTS Customer Service 
888-980-2287 
service@bigbadtoystore.com 

f

2 hours ago, shazam said:

I received this email today from BBTS. No new photos of the product at BBTS. All we need now is the figure to be in circulation. The wait goes on.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/127580?o=4

Hello,

Thank you for Pre-ordering from BigBadToyStore!

Our vendor has informed us of an important design change regarding the Southern Cross Dana Sterling 1/12 Scale Figure Two-Pack. This will be a set of two figures instead of one figure with removable armor. Our website listing is now up to date and current with the most accurate information and photos available. 

If you no longer want this item, please log in and cancel it from your account. If you have any questions regarding this notice, please contact Customer Service for further assistance.

Sincerely,

BBTS Customer Service 
888-980-2287 
service@bigbadtoystore.com 

Crazy it's taking so long. I have had the figure for awhile now. I ordered directly from Kitzconcept and got it in like 3 weeks. 

52 minutes ago, Protoman said:

Crazy it's taking so long. I have had the figure for awhile now. I ordered directly from Kitzconcept and got it in like 3 weeks. 

I am disappointed in the distribution of this figure after initial release from KC. 😔 I mean how long does it take to circulate this figure through retailers like BBTS?

Edited by shazam

4 hours ago, shazam said:

Obviously, Kitz Concept failed to provide them with accurate photos, but how long did it take them to inform BBTS of the "important design change?" 🤨

12 hours ago, tekering said:

Obviously, Kitz Concept failed to provide them with accurate photos, but how long did it take them to inform BBTS of the "important design change?" 🤨

1 hour ago, CoryHolmes said:

Really?  I ordered as well and haven't heard squat from them.

I got that message the other day. They may have just got the numbers for international retail orders and are finally shipping them out

36 minutes ago, MKT said:

I wonder if for Max's GBP, would it have been better if they did something like what Bandai shown at TN2020?

DXVF-1JMaxGBP.jpg.6848bdb6eb1c04d1c29050bea2565b77.jpg

Bingo for sure!

2 hours ago, MKT said:

I wonder if for Max's GBP, would it have been better if they did something like what Bandai shown at TN2020?

DXVF-1JMaxGBP.jpg.6848bdb6eb1c04d1c29050bea2565b77.jpg

Of course...which was basically this...

hbue23-box.jpg

Again....not sure what KC defines as "extensive research"....but they definitely dropped the ball on this M&M GBP Set....can't say I'm all that surprised though...

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/127580?o=1

dana1.jpg.0205c2b10a0ec447fa2c3d43635fe231.jpg

Hello,

Your pre-order item(s) have arrived and we have processed your order. These item(s) will ship once we have processed your payment:

Please contact Customer Service immediately if the shipping address below is incorrect or you are unable to accept shipments at this location.

Edited by shazam

15 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Of course...which was basically this...

hbue23-box.jpg

Again....not sure what KC defines as "extensive research"....but they definitely dropped the ball on this M&M GBP Set....can't say I'm all that surprised though...

Oops I didn't make the link earlier between Bandai's and Takani's art. Too bad Bandai didn't make a sample of Milia's GBP. Although Max's look alright, I am thinking her's might look too striking as I imagine hers being color swapped of Max's.

11 hours ago, shazam said:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/127580?o=1

dana1.jpg.0205c2b10a0ec447fa2c3d43635fe231.jpg

Hello,

Your pre-order item(s) have arrived and we have processed your order. These item(s) will ship once we have processed your payment:

Please contact Customer Service immediately if the shipping address below is incorrect or you are unable to accept shipments at this location.

Haha not only BBTS didn't update the pic, but they didn't update the price either. It's USD100 on KC's site now.

2 hours ago, MKT said:

Oops I didn't make the link earlier between Bandai's and Takani's art. Too bad Bandai didn't make a sample of Milia's GBP. Although Max's look alright, I am thinking her's might look too striking as I imagine hers being color swapped of Max's.

Haha not only BBTS didn't update the pic, but they didn't update the price either. It's USD100 on KC's site now.

I guess bbts has the discount price then, cause mine was $87.99 and then there’s the $4 for shipping and that’s still about $8 cheaper 

4 hours ago, Big s said:

I guess bbts has the discount price then, cause mine was $87.99 and then there’s the $4 for shipping and that’s still about $8 cheaper 

Don't forget to add KC's shipping into the comparison.

I checked back the PO price direct from KC back in 2020, it was only $70 before shipping. Costs must have risen a lot in the intervening years for KC to increase the price that much to $100. Is this a good example of how KC may cost themselves out of business if they keep delaying stuff? But then again, we do get 2 figures instead of 1 for Dana.. 

LOL, I wouldn't argue that! I'm standing by my opinion that that scheme is better than the KC. 

There's also an argument to be made that both Max & Miria should have a white chest (matching the stripe on their VF-1) with white cuffs but make the forearms and shoulder armor bay doors blue or red to match their VF-1. That would essentially be doing what was done for Hikaru with the assumption that the white parts were white because Hikaru's VF-1 was white. If I had time I'd mock that up. It'd probably be easier and cheaper for KC too because only a couple parts would be unique between the two. Heck, if they went that route, it'd be a piece of cake to make a cannon fodder version also! 

Ultimately....the colors should just have a subtle or limited inclusion of their "significant other's" ride....like Max's VF-1J has red stripes on the legs....and Milia has blue stripes on her -1J...

image.png.439aeff784f61962bb6765059bb6c408.png

image.png.fcfc836f43e41c8d327d8b9445d170ef.png

The KC GBP M&M ignore this and are just....Max is blue and Milia is red

On the Toynami GBP...they could have just painted the black stripes on the leg armor blue for Milia and red for Max and it would have been ok...but yeah...still much better than the KC versions....they must have had a lot of that blue-grey paint left over!

Edited by jvmacross

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

ar326-52-box.jpg

ar334_box.jpg

im1254-63-box.jpg

im1255-65-box.jpg

im1371-115b.jpg

I guess you should send these to Kitz so they understand to not put #1 on all their versions.  And also send them back in time to the Nichomo box artist who did the same.

On 4/18/2024 at 12:53 PM, jvmacross said:

I guess Toynami got that  right....and most everything else wrong...

image.png.5527ee9c9d39e92416e84d2918c136a4.png

I had all those but sold them all recently having only kept the stealth one.. they are tiny, that being perfect if you live in a small space.

On 4/18/2024 at 1:08 PM, jenius said:

LOL, I wouldn't argue that! I'm standing by my opinion that that scheme is better than the KC. 

There's also an argument to be made that both Max & Miria should have a white chest (matching the stripe on their VF-1) with white cuffs but make the forearms and shoulder armor bay doors blue or red to match their VF-1. That would essentially be doing what was done for Hikaru with the assumption that the white parts were white because Hikaru's VF-1 was white. If I had time I'd mock that up. It'd probably be easier and cheaper for KC too because only a couple parts would be unique between the two. Heck, if they went that route, it'd be a piece of cake to make a cannon fodder version also! 

Maybe someone should invite the KC Dude to talk on here, you can be the tech ambassador to find out what's going on over there.

it's too clear sure... However, we can't blame them for wanting to innovate, I have the Super Veritech Max&Mirirya versions, they are great and unique.
I don't know if these are the final colors but each manufacturer has their own style and colors... Look at the SuperVeritech/SuperValkyrie from Toynami, Bandai, Yamato... each had different colors for the Super parts...

So what am I missing on the group consensus on the KC M&M armors?     Is it the Robins egg blue color on the FPs and chest plates?   or is it just too much of the Red and Blue and no darker color tones like on the Arii Models?        IMO I don't think they look bad,  actually quite the opposite.    My only real issue is the Robins egg blue as opposed to a much darker grey or neutral color tone.  

So I did get my Dana!  She's quite tiny and her legs are a bit out of proportion (I guess a leftover from when the armour was supposed to be removable).  The cloth suit isn't quite as tacky in person because of how small it is, and it feels different and better than just painted plastic.

I haven't gotten to her armoured form yet, but that's the one that's gonna live on my shelf so I want to practice swapping gimmicks on her off-duty look first 😀

3 hours ago, CoryHolmes said:

So I did get my Dana!  She's quite tiny and her legs are a bit out of proportion (I guess a leftover from when the armour was supposed to be removable).  The cloth suit isn't quite as tacky in person because of how small it is, and it feels different and better than just painted plastic.

I haven't gotten to her armoured form yet, but that's the one that's gonna live on my shelf so I want to practice swapping gimmicks on her off-duty look first 😀

Let us know about the armor version. I got one in my pile of private warehouse loot or whatever at bbts for now. Add some pics as well please 

The armour version is nice.  The shield clips around the forearm, with no exposed peg hole needed if not in use.  It came with two stands, one for each figure.  Armoured Dana has helmet attached and bare face swappable faces.  The bare face connects with two pegs into the head, the helmet has a pair of teeeeeeny tiiiiiiiiiiny tabs that slot into obnoxiously hard-to-line-up holes.

The armour colours look great.  Her girdle/codpiece is a bit loose but that means that as I pose her her legs don't crash into stuff and chip the paint.  She looks a bit better proportioned in her armoued look, no grotesque column-neck there.  The joints themselves seem decently tight so far, able to hold a pose and prop up her laser rifle.

All in all, a good purchase and I'm glad to get some Southern Cross merch.

20240421_154430.jpg

20240421_154409.jpg

20240421_154414.jpg

20240421_154421.jpg

The armour version is nice.  The shield clips around the forearm, with no exposed peg hole needed if not in use.  It came with two stands, one for each figure.  Armoured Dana has helmet attached and bare face swappable faces.  The bare face connects with two pegs into the head, the helmet has a pair of teeeeeeny tiiiiiiiiiiny tabs that slot into obnoxiously hard-to-line-up holes.

The armour colours look great.  Her girdle/codpiece is a bit loose but that means that as I pose her her legs don't crash into stuff and chip the paint.  She looks a bit better proportioned in her armoued look, no grotesque column-neck there.  The joints themselves seem decently tight so far, able to hold a pose and prop up her laser rifle.

All in all, a good purchase and I'm glad to get some Southern Cross merch.

20240421_154430.jpg

20240421_154409.jpg

20240421_154414.jpg

20240421_154421.jpg

Nice. Gotta wait for a couple other preorders to come in before I can have mine shipped. Hope that they do some of the other characters. 

3 hours ago, Big s said:

Nice. Gotta wait for a couple other preorders to come in before I can have mine shipped. Hope that they do some of the other characters. 

The only problem with other SC characters is the armours are so distinctive that it's more involved than a mere repaint with a new head.  But I'd love to get more of them, anyway!

The only problem with other SC characters is the armours are so distinctive that it's more involved than a mere repaint with a new head.  But I'd love to get more of them, anyway!

The majority of the tough bits would be the bodies. Some would probably share body parts with others and the armor bits would be a simpler thing. I’m sure they would need several body sizes though, but they’d probably limit it to three basic types. A female, a smaller and larger male .