19 hours ago, sh9000 said:

New Battlepod video from Cyrus.

Aaaaand…..there's the full sized SDF-1 shown all those years ago (same metallic silver and  blue color, unfortunately) and a Q-Rau right above it.  

9 hours ago, mantisfists said:

Aaaaand…..there's the full sized SDF-1 shown all those years ago (same metallic silver and  blue color, unfortunately) and a Q-Rau right above it.  

Yes but they said there will be a new version this year 🙂

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0q6SsUQwrYo7xMyiPtmR7Xejxj7SkhmSTzbcN58Ks19Gmo2azs9AWFvZ8W8SViF5Kl&id=100063694550227

Wonder if this a meeting to setup some deal to sell KC's "Robotech" in Japan...

If so...what a waste of time and effort...the Japanese market already has better versions of any SDFM TV item available to them from a variety of Japanese vendors...and I doubt there is a hoard of Japanese collectors demanding Southern Cross merch...

What KC needs is a license from BW to produce DYRL merch, as it seems HG is no longer willing to provide their license (whether it is theirs to provide or not) to KC or anyone else...

That box of "goodies" will likely end up in some Japanese dumpster after the "licensing" meeting...

Edited by jvmacross

8 hours ago, jvmacross said:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0q6SsUQwrYo7xMyiPtmR7Xejxj7SkhmSTzbcN58Ks19Gmo2azs9AWFvZ8W8SViF5Kl&id=100063694550227

What KC needs is a license from BW to produce DYRL merch, as it seems HG is no longer willing to provide their license (whether it is theirs to provide or not) to KC or anyone else...

That box of "goodies" will likely end up in some Japanese dumpster after the "licensing" meeting...

I kind of agree with you, but the missing part here is even if they get more business or not, the lack of production capability they have shown just means trying to do more with less. its a dragon chasing its tail. they need more capital but need more production. even if they got a BW license they could not capitalize on it with enough capital to expand production.

Try buying separate strike parts online anyplace, try buying the super deformed toys online anyplace. about half of what they list on the store is backordered or preordered. that dragon thing was suppose to be the start of a new series now, two years later nothing. another company selling it and pushing it forward.

I think BW wants much more money then HG asks for and HG is much more flexible. BW would expect the high revenue generation like they get from companies like Bandai and would just see KC as another garage kit company like Arcadia has become.

I do admire the KC guy for what he is doing and wish him the best, I'll buy more stuff  if its interesting and priced right.

proxy-image.jpg

38 minutes ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

I kind of agree with you, but the missing part here is even if they get more business or not, the lack of production capability they have shown just means trying to do more with less. its a dragon chasing its tail. they need more capital but need more production. even if they got a BW license they could not capitalize on it with enough capital to expand production.

Try buying separate strike parts online anyplace, try buying the super deformed toys online anyplace. about half of what they list on the store is backordered or preordered. that dragon thing was suppose to be the start of a new series now, two years later nothing. another company selling it and pushing it forward.

I think BW wants much more money then HG asks for and HG is much more flexible. BW would expect the high revenue generation like they get from companies like Bandai and would just see KC as another garage kit company like Arcadia has become.

I do admire the KC guy for what he is doing and wish him the best, I'll buy more stuff  if its interesting and priced right.

Not sure...looking over their items, most of it is available for immediate shipment....as far as I can tell, they have plenty of unsold stock....guess collectors were not willing to bite even at their "shocking" prices.....shocking...:rolleyes:

The only stuff sold out are some of the earliest of releases, such as the first Rick Hunter and Lisa Hayes figures....but those were released years ago

Maybe they think making their stuff available to the Japanese market will make their inventory fly off the shelves?

Still, if they can convince BW/HG or whatever combination of licensors that they should be allowed to sell in Japan, then that may open the door for Bandai and Arcadia, etc to be able to sell their merch SDFM/DYRL merch outside of Japan....one can only hope!

1 minute ago, jvmacross said:

Not sure...looking over their items, most of it is available for immediate shipment....as far as I can tell, they have plenty of unsold stock....guess collectors were not willing to bite even at their "shocking" prices.....shocking...:rolleyes:

The only stuff sold out are some of the earliest of releases, such as the first Rick Hunter and Lisa Hayes figures....but those were released years ago

Maybe they think making their stuff available to the Japanese market will make their inventory fly off the shelves?

Still, if they can convince BW/HG or whatever combination of licensors that they should be allowed to sell in Japan, then that may open the door for Bandai and Arcadia, etc to be able to sell their merch SDFM/DYRL merch outside of Japan....one can only hope!

Crossing fingers, he seems like a genuine guy to deal with.  not sure things would fly off the shelves in Japan, as It might almost be seen as a KO brand to them there:) 

22 minutes ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

Crossing fingers, he seems like a genuine guy to deal with.  not sure things would fly off the shelves in Japan, as It might almost be seen as a KO brand to them there:) 

LOL...exactly.....whatever "new" deal is going on during this "licensing meeting" in Japan...it sounds like HG is involved....I think with one of largest media companies in the planet now tangentially involved with "Macross"....both sides may be more inclined to work together....I think HG allowing SDFM/DYRL to stream on D+ may work in HG's favor, in terms of their Hollywood film aspirations....and of course, BW wins by finally being able to market SDFM/DYRL outside of Japan....

On 3/24/2024 at 4:55 PM, varitechs said:

Ordered on January 6, received on March 21... Finally I received my Max & Miriya Super Veritech set.

Like other Veritechs, the first transformation must be done very gently to prepare all the joints, however the paint has stuck to the rear wing and it is broken.
I contacted them, Kitzconcept should send me a replacement part.

I saw another problem, the shoulder mechanism of the VF-1J Max (blue version) is reversed. it's not a problem for the transformation but the mechanism is little bit high... i don't want to resend them, i will must find a solution with a pin remover for reverse them 🤨
Anyone else have this problem?

image.png.6372919d5c1c0106efc1ed07daaecf64.png

With a lot of patience, a lot of gentleness, using a tool found for changing watch straps and after 20/30 minutes, I managed to remove the pins, it's repaired!
☺️

image.png.3278833a49c179324ee3ca2455df98cb.png

9 hours ago, varitechs said:

With a lot of patience, a lot of gentleness, using a tool found for changing watch straps and after 20/30 minutes, I managed to remove the pins, it's repaired!
☺️

I have one of those tools! I always suspected they had more uses...

11 hours ago, varitechs said:

☺️

Looks like a useful tool.

haven’t seen a watch strap, let alone a watch in over a decade. Hopefully this tool isn’t as rare

1 hour ago, Big s said:

Looks like a useful tool.

haven’t seen a watch strap, let alone a watch in over a decade. Hopefully this tool isn’t as rare

no it's very easy to find, amazon, aliexpress, etc...

8 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Nice....I think I took these out of their combo boxes once and then put them back in years ago...I should dig mine out...

Will they ever release the SD GBP?

I don't think thath is interesting or possible, he will be big 😆

21 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Nice....I think I took these out of their combo boxes once and then put them back in years ago...I should dig mine out...

Will they ever release the SD GBP?

*sigh

we can hope.  

I think I have all of them as well,  The only one I don't have complete is the Fokker 1S as I am missing the spare head (big one).    Anyone have one they wanna sell?   :)

12 hours ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

*sigh

we can hope.  

I think I have all of them as well,  The only one I don't have complete is the Fokker 1S as I am missing the spare head (big one).    Anyone have one they wanna sell?   :)

That's the important one with the led gimmick 

2 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

The color schemes look pretty awful...should have just went with the old Nichimo variants as illustrated by Takani....

hbue26-box.jpg

hbue23-box.jpg

Now that you mentioned it I guess I'm not. Replaced the light blue with white would make it look better.

44 minutes ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

Now that you mentioned it I guess I'm not. Replaced the light blue with white would make it look better.

Actually just watched the video that was posted regarding this release.....thought it was comical that they claimed to have done "extensive research" on the colors for Max and Milia's GBP armor....seriously?  Maybe the Chinese Communst Party blocked all access to Nichimo kit illustrations!

I know, I know....the Nichimo kits are not Macross canon...but I guess if they were interested in releasing a decent M&M GBP set, they should have just gone with those color combos....oh well, money saved....

Oh and another thing!.....release the dang Hikaru GBP set before expecting your "loyal" fans to hand over more PO cash on stuff...the practice is getting old....(also looking at M&M "Arcade" set sitting on the background shelf)....

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

The color schemes look pretty awful...should have just went with the old Nichimo variants as illustrated by Takani....

hbue26-box.jpg

hbue23-box.jpg

Looks like she’s struttin on a fashion show stage and he just dropped the mic while walking off

I can't help but cynically wonder that KC didn't get enough orders for both Rick & Roy Heavy Armors, and now pushing out the M&M Armor to produce all of them together..

5 hours ago, Big s said:

Looks like she’s struttin on a fashion show stage and he just dropped the mic while walking off

LOL! The winning caption..