I just took a look at my order history,  and surprisingly its not worse..     Oldest open Pre Order I have with KC is the 1/72 GBP armor from 3/2001.     After that its the Regult (2022),  and the Max and Millia metallic with figures from 2023.

I thought it was worse,  but its enough for me to pause pre orders till they play catch up.

44 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

They keep releasing these surprise editions that are available immediately.  Was the last actual PO the M&M Arcade versions?

I think so?      Looking at my other orders it appears to be that way unless I missed something.     I think the only pre-order I was NOT in was for the Dana figure.

• 3 weeks later...

That one seems to have been available at some HK show last year...

Hopefully the general release also boxes them up as a set....an old school style illustration woul d have been nicer than the plain old black box treament...

macross__max__miriya_____acghk_170461488

https://www.carousell.com.hk/p/macross-超時空要塞-max-miriya-麥斯-米娜-電鍍版-機體-acghk-2023-會場限定版-kitzconcept-m01-021-1277454667/

I remember someone's post on FB having already received the Max & Miriya's metal editions about a month ago shipped direct from KC..

Also, there have also been occasional comments about folks having no shipping notifications from KC only to have packages suddenly turn up at their door later. With my most recent experience with KC, this is likely the result of KC not sending shipping notifications from their customer service or corporate e-mail accounts as what they always did previously (when they had a dedicated customer service personnel), but via Paypal notification instead.
Shipping notification via Paypal is rarely used by vendors, so when that e-mail came from Paypal, from the header I had assumed it is down to another one of the payments receipts notifications and wondered for some time after if KC was ever gonna ship my stuff.

5 hours ago, jvmacross said:

At this point I'd rather have the Milia figure

At this point, I don’t even know how to spell her name anymore. Robotech has it as Mirya, most of the translations til recently had it either as Milia or Millia, and most of the recent Hasegawa models have it as Miria

Well we'd need to use the meltrandi alphabet for that.. I think it's been accepted that the 'l' versions were an early translation error and Miria is the proper Macross name and Miriya in Robotech.

26 minutes ago, Big s said:

most of the translations til recently had it either as Milia or Millia, and most of the recent Hasegawa models have it as Miria

That's just it; they're translations.  Robotech, being in English, has always had established spellings for all the proper nouns.

Macross, being Japanese, has established phonetic katakana readings, but not many consistent Romanji transliterations.  Even accepted spellings like "Regult" and "Nousjadeul-Ger" are way, WAY off their proper Japanese pronunciations, and yet they've been standardized for marketing material and packaging art (so we're stuck with them). 

Thanks to the Internet, however, we now have consistently-applied spelling conventions that are easily referenced across a variety of Web sites.

40 minutes ago, jenius said:

I think it's been accepted that the 'l' versions were an early translation error and Miria is the proper Macross name and Miriya in Robotech.

On the contrary, most online sources use the "Milia" spelling.

Looks like they just made the Xmas deals live again after a week of them not being live. \

EDIT - LOL, I'm really looking forward to that GBP that's coming "in 2021!"

Edited by jenius

22 hours ago, jenius said:

Looks like they just made the Xmas deals live again after a week of them not being live. \

EDIT - LOL, I'm really looking forward to that GBP that's coming "in 2021!"

Yeah I bought two of those a looooong time ago

Not sure it's a big sale when they wanted to charge me $115 shipping for two boxes.  It was only $60 six months ago. Whatever I would be saving from being on sale they are recovering from the increase in shipping. Yeah I could go with the over four months shipping. But a lot could happen to the packages in 4 or 5 months.

1 hour ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

Not sure it's a big sale when they wanted to charge me $115 shipping for two boxes.  It was only $60 six months ago. Whatever I would be saving from being on sale they are recovering from the increase in shipping. Yeah I could go with the over four months shipping. But a lot could happen to the packages in 4 or 5 months.

Seriously, I know the plastic quality isn't what we'd like, but I'd have taken the dive a few times now what with the variants they have produced but for shipping. I must have added things to a cart over a dozen times just to remind myself how it wasn't worth it.

10 hours ago, Radioguy said:

Seriously, I know the plastic quality isn't what we'd like, but I'd have taken the dive a few times now what with the variants they have produced but for shipping. I must have added things to a cart over a dozen times just to remind myself how it wasn't worth it.

Same here too:). once I added up the Regular Roy with Special Color Roy then added shipping I could just buy a nice DX Roy for the total or an Arcadia Version Vs.2 like Jenius pointed out then I'd still have lunch money for the week. they will have to try much harder to get money from me going forward. something cool like Alaska Base or Yellowjackets, the Angel Birds was a good start so still crossing my fingers.

The DX last month and now this Month has wreaked my wallet too:lol:

2 hours ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

Same here too:). once I added up the Regular Roy with Special Color Roy then added shipping I could just buy a nice DX Roy for the total or an Arcadia Version Vs.2 like Jenius pointed out then I'd still have lunch money for the week. they will have to try much harder to get money from me going forward. something cool like Alaska Base or Yellowjackets, the Angel Birds was a good start so still crossing my fingers.

The consensus is they don't have a DYRL license, right? If they had that too, I don't know if I could still keep holding out.

2 hours ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

The DX last month and now this Month has wreaked my wallet too:lol:

My wallet is thinner. I'd have loved to own the 21, but just the Hikaru Mechanic and this Ostritch are already killing me. I didn't even *gulp* grab the recent HMR Vermilion releases, and that hurt to miss. If they actually do a DX Elint this year, I might go bankrupt.

The purple has a better fit and finish and a better box, the red feels and looks rushed as if they did it under duress. Out of all the ones I own only the red broke, only the red felt cheaper the plastic feels brittle in my hands. Disappointed owner regarding the red both in price and quality.