6 hours ago, MKT said:

Alaska Base is almost a certainty at this rate. Also the Cavaliers..

And now we have Kids Logic joining the transformable Vf-1 game. The space is getting crowded!

PERSONAL CHECKLIST:

angel bird - CHECK!

Jotun armor!?! - CHECK (no of course I wasn’t thinking about it before seeing the pictures but now that I have….)

alaska base - ???????

Edited by sjoebarry

Update to TV canon Macross "in-scale" scheme counts...

Bandai HMR vs KC 1/72

HMR:

VF-1J TV

VF-1A TV/DYRL combo

VF-1D

VF-1J Max (hybrid TV/DYRL)

VF-1J Millia (hybrid TV/DYRL)

VF-1A Max

VF-1A "Ben"

GBP-1J Hikaru

Destroid Monster

Destroid Defender

Destroid Spartan

Regult

Regult Small Missile type

Regult Large Missile type

Glaug

Future-Teased-Possible releases:

Destroid Tomahawk

Destroid Phalanx

KC VF-1 1/72 line:

VF-1J Hikaru

VF-1S Hikaru

VF-1S Roy

VF-1A CF

VF-1A Max

VF-1A "Ben"

VF-1J Max

VF-1J Millia

VF-1J Commander 

Future-Teased-Possible releases:

VF-1A Arcade Max

VF-1A Arcade Milia

VF-1A Angelbirds

Destroid Defender

Destroid Tomahawk

Destroid Phalanx

Regult

Glaug

4 hours ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

Well on the plus side the Metallic VF-1A set does not look as obnoxious as I originally thought.    As for the M&M 1J set,  I can't see myself plunking down anything to get a different colored base. 

General buyers get the usual translucent base 16905988249796605130819030477114.jpg.d5bf3007a4e8d00710f50cbb9d1c90ab.jpg

6 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

Screenshot_2023-07-30-00-55-28-801_com.instagram.android-edit.jpg.535d811bd8500c3c32384e49c8321db7.jpg

Screenshot_2023-07-30-00-55-50-736_com.instagram.android-edit.jpg.1f829d9a8121f21d3bd1246e25df35d9.jpg

I think that they making several colors of the JOTUN valkyrie with color coordination of the armor is cool!  I wonder how much diecast the battlepod and Glaug will have with it.

Twich

57 minutes ago, jenius said:

They forgot the heads on the Angelbirds... so ... maybe?

I noticed that too….seems kind of weird to forget to put the heads on your display valkyries, but what do I know?!?

Twich

13 hours ago, sh9000 said:

6F8E6A79-7F15-41C0-A616-3020ABDA8FB8.jpeg.14de3efd901014a88079e55feac5e549.jpeg

F1FC3D74-FA31-4F32-A8E6-2016057DDEDE.jpeg.39f45dea831a8efd7648e130b64439e5.jpeg

A7C72148-B358-4004-A3E7-EC3D42C0A65D.jpeg.124d4d390b80aad0babfb39465bd0281.jpeg

3E13B6C0-5235-4D26-9EE0-48930D1446F0.jpeg.d5f89b09d9dceeaf3badd72d84f30b90.jpeg

61A33BBE-96F6-4B4B-85E0-2DBDCC414718.jpeg.59d1ace0e483f528cccbf727cd1b8df8.jpeg

B8CC83C3-5171-4FED-88E9-8E589946C4A4.jpeg.e3d5969867da07b8fa822ece4f46c48c.jpeg

So I wonder how much "less expensive" will be the price?  Without stand, missiles and reduced packaging, would that justify a $50 price decrease?  That might just make this a offer too good to pass up.

Twich

18 minutes ago, twich said:

So I wonder how much "less expensive" will be the price?  Without stand, missiles and reduced packaging, would that justify a $50 price decrease?  That might just make this a offer too good to pass up.

Twich

the recent "shocking" price of 190 USD for 3 "complete" VF-1's wasn't cheap enough for you?

The only reason why I may double dip on these "bare bone" re-packs is to get a correctly painted VF-1A "Ben" and "Max"...but they would need to be less than the recent "shocking" prices since I already have complete versions...

I would actually be fine with bare bone Angel Bird releases since they technically do not need the missiles....

49 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

the recent "shocking" price of 190 USD for 3 "complete" VF-1's wasn't cheap enough for you?

The only reason why I may double dip on these "bare bone" re-packs is to get a correctly painted VF-1A "Ben" and "Max"...but they would need to be less than the recent "shocking" prices since I already have complete versions...

I would actually be fine with bare bone Angel Bird releases since they technically do not need the missiles....

well, when the cost of the shipping is equal to, or greater than the cost of the toy itself.......

Twich

Sorry, was not trying to sound snarky with that response, but for me, the cost of shipping it from HK does come into effect, for the overall "inexpensiveness" of the toy.  I meant to flush out my initial response by saying that if BBTS or similar e-tailer were to sell this new, cheaper packaged VF-1 for $90, then that is what I would consider to be a good deal.  The $190 for the three toys is a "good deal".  The cost of shipping though is a bit of a deal breaker.

Twich

I'm kinda amused that they keep up with the only XXX made limited edition thing.       Sure XXX made of this release,  but in a year or so we will just change the color of the base and release XXX more.    Then next year XXX release,  but remove the missles and base.    Then the next year another release XXX but it has Fast Packs!    *Sigh*

4 hours ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

I'm kinda amused that they keep up with the only XXX made limited edition thing.       Sure XXX made of this release,  but in a year or so we will just change the color of the base and release XXX more.    Then next year XXX release,  but remove the missles and base.    Then the next year another release XXX but it has Fast Packs!    *Sigh*

Surely looks that way. A lazy reskin. 

The only non cannon variant that look awesome was the God of Flame. 

5 hours ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

LOL...

Maybe there are collectors that think an edition size will somehow make them more valuable in the future....

I remember when they initially a ridiculously low edition size for the Ben and Max VF-1As....now they are bundling them at "shocking" prices...

The shtick with KC is their rapid release of paint variants....how long can that continue?  And why don't they do some that may actually be popular like "real world" fighter paint schemes...why does every paint job have to be so gaudy and with tons of chrome paint?

How about some plain grey schemes or camo designs?

KC should just crack open one of the VF-1 Master Files books and get busy....

Or just quit wasting time and give us the Alaska Base and Cavaliers...