Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

Hahaha :) I just had a thought, wouldn't it be sweet if Yamato sold U.S. distribution rights for their 1/60 or 1/48's to Hasbro/Takara and they just re-tooled the heads and released Starscream, Thundercracker and Jetfire Masterpieces :lol:

It is terrible, this idea! Terrible!

Hahaha :) I just had a thought, wouldn't it be sweet if Yamato sold U.S. distribution rights for their 1/60 or 1/48's to Hasbro/Takara and they just re-tooled the heads and released Starscream, Thundercracker and Jetfire Masterpieces  :lol:

It is terrible, this idea! Terrible!

Yeah!

I'd buy them just to see how terrible it was!!!

:lol::p:lol::lol::lol:B))

The sheer blasphemy of the notion of turning a Valkyrie in a Seeker aside, I actually considered that myself given the amount of 1/60's I have and a desire to see my BT/Alt. Autobots fight someone aside from recolored clones of themselves. The color scheme actually isn't horrible (I have a hastily done line art image I did in Starscream colors I'll have to dig out). It'll probably be best with a super-vf1 so you can use the FAST pack thrusters to sort of (since they sit behind the head, not to its direct sides) imitate the intakes standing taller than their heads and the arm armor could be modified so you could pull out the Seeker's long arm weapons in robot mode. Granted, the chest would be flatter than the almost feminine look of the Seekers, but it'd be no different than the changes in the BT/Alts.

While the 1/48 would be a little closer in scale transformed-mode-wise, it would make the Seekers practically Prime sized in robot mode (which I suppose would make them a little scarier)... my guinea pig was going to be a 1/60 just because of the cost to chance-my-crappy-skills will wreck it ratio. :) Besides, with the FAST packs remove any chance it's supposed to be an earth fighter anyway, so size wouldn't matter.

I completely agree, though, that it'll never happen on a professional level and I'd much rather see a new design based on either an F-15, F-22, or Flanker.

Aight some our prayers have been answered. The new smokescreen aside from new roof scoop, front bumper facsia change and decal changes. He comes wih a cannon on the shoulder!!!!! Oh and his wheels look remnicsent of OZ rally rims found on the rally EVOs

Ok here is a pic in the latest Hobby Japan (september 04 issue)

post-26-1092963440_thumb.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

good news looks like the Blue Tracks is coming out after all, we just have to wait till december according to Image Anime.

image anime blue tracks preorder.

It says "BT-06 Corvette Tracks (Alternators)" so i'm guessing as previous speculation, its only available in alternator line and not BT. But if they ever release it for BT, no reason why the Meister can't be released as a seperate release instead of a "random in shipment" kinda thing. <_<

i do not know it says the same thing on all there others including the yellow Tracks which is not out yet in the usa. i think it is just for american buyers to know that they are the same basic style of toy.

chris

Just got my tracks today. Disapointing. I can't say he looks that great in either mode, particularly with the massive seem down his hood. also his legs are very stiff during transformation. beware. Even though he is the most disapointing BT he is still better than most other non BT TFers out there.

Man, I feel totally the opposite, I love this guy! Hes got incrediable poseability in arms and legs, has missiles attached, a car mode which looks awesome parked beside Deadend, Im thinking hes one of my favs so far!

I got both the Alpha/Legioss and Tracks on the same day, and after being a little dissapointed with my legioss from its plastics quality ( forearm missile cover broken already, because i opened it, shame on me), Tracks made my day for being so nice :D

Totally looking forward to the upcoming Grimlock and Honda. B))

Wish I knew how the prototypes get into the hands of ppl though... does someone pince them when the managers not looking or do they toes them aside every so often?

no but I don't care. I buy binaltechs for display purpose in robot and cars mode so I don't play with them but I don't let them either MISB :p

sigh, it still needs to have two missle launchers!! not one! They got it right for tracks, except for the color of the car. Jazz is suppose to have one on his shoulder but he doesn't! I just wish they would just add extra accessories rather than trying to incorporate it into the transformation. <_<:p:D:lol:

Nope yamato would NEVER do that. For one thing I am pretty sure yamato and takara are rivals in japan. U can be sure their votoms toys are trying to outdo the old takara ones much like the 1/48 pretty much took bandai 1/55 down from throne. PLus takara wouildnt bend over and do that anyways.

Well there ya go then, Since Hasbro already did it once, and Bandai has all those 1/55 re-issues floating around that won't sell they could jsut collect a shipload of chunkey monkey re-issues and sell them to Hasbro to be re-painted. Jetfire perfect re-issue and decepticon jets booyah! :)

I know people are sick of the VF-1's but I have little to no faith in Hasbro/Takara coming up with a decent jet based tranforming robot that looks good in both modes. The majority of the original Transformers are no better than go-bots in my opinion. I had a ton of them as a kid and now when I pull those ugly things out and look at them my memories are betrayed like watching The Black Hole again.

I know people are sick of the VF-1's but I have little to no faith in Hasbro/Takara coming up with a decent jet based tranforming robot that looks good in both modes. The majority of the original Transformers are no better than go-bots in my opinion. I had a ton of them as a kid and now when I pull those ugly things out and look at them my memories are betrayed like watching The Black Hole again.

why so rude about hasbro/takara?

They've proved with the Binaltech and alternators line that they can build fantastic robots out of a car. why shouldn't they be able to do the same with a plane mould?

RM starscream is also a really good plane-robot TF and if he was on a larger scale, I'm sure he could be done with as much articulation as a yamato valk.

the toys of 20 years ago are no reflection on the current capabilities of the companies ni question. the G1 toys were, usually bricky and primitive compared to now., and this applies to the cars as well as the seekers. If Has/tak can update the cars in such an impressive manner, I see no reason why it can't be done for the seekers.

though presonally, I still liek the G1 figs, even for all their primitive nature....

Hey

Does anyone know why walmart.com and toyrus.com aren't selling these things (i.e. alternators, not binaltech)? Both sites only have the alternator smokescreen and sideswipe available for sale, but nothing else (i.e. hound, silverstreak, deadend, tracks, etc.), which I believe are available in the US. The reason I ask is because I prefer not to pay $50.00 when I can pay less then half for a slightly inferior version. Any assistance/info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mully

oooh, meister with the red paint job looks pretty good...

correction white and red both look great. Those I will be getting both. in metal.

so will I. The white Meister will be in robot mode because I hate white cars (but white Jazz is fantastic = g1 ) . And the red one will stay in car mode :lol:

Since my girlfriend does not read these boards I can safetly admit that that woman is a goddess in hot pants.

Say, about Meister, is his upper face painted blue, or is that an actual transparent visor with a blue tint? If it is, that just plain rocks!

Since my girlfriend does not read these boards I can safetly admit that that woman is a goddess in hot pants.

You call that a goddess? psssh....puhleeze. You obviously haven't been around alot. ;)

Hey

Does anyone know why walmart.com and toyrus.com aren't selling these things (i.e. alternators, not binaltech)? Both sites only have the alternator smokescreen and sideswipe available for sale, but nothing else (i.e. hound, silverstreak, deadend, tracks, etc.), which I believe are available in the US. The reason I ask is because I prefer not to pay $50.00 when I can pay less then half for a slightly inferior version. Any assistance/info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mully

There's quite a lot of discussion of this over at seibertron.com. basically the later Alts are beginning to filter through to stores in the US, but it seems to be rather slow. if you go to the head Here- the seibertron toys forum and look for sighting threads. there are a few of them.

You call that a goddess? psssh....puhleeze. You obviously haven't been around alot. ;)

Nice body, shame about the face.

Hey

Mully

Walmart.com had Silverstreak up online but within hours they were sold out.

<_<

How many cute girls do you know that carry around Transformers that aren't even out yet?

How many cute girls do you know that carry around Transformers that aren't even out yet?

My bad! :p

Hey

Does anyone know why walmart.com and toyrus.com aren't selling these things (i.e. alternators, not binaltech)?  Both sites only have the alternator smokescreen and sideswipe available for sale, but nothing else (i.e. hound, silverstreak, deadend, tracks, etc.), which I believe are available in the US.  The reason I ask is because I prefer not to pay $50.00 when I can pay less then half for a slightly inferior version.  Any assistance/info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Mully

Walmart.com had Silverstreak up online but within hours they were sold out.

<_<

Here in Australia I walked into Kmart and after being annoyed that I missed the 20% SALE, i was happy nuff that there was 1 silverstreak for me to pickup! yeh!

I reckon his head sculpt is much nicer than smokescreen, and the colour rocks! B))