Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

wow im at a loss for words. I thought that there could never be an alternator that I wouldnt buy but now here we have it. Why not make ravage into oh I dont know a friggin Jaguar???!!!!!! Ford owns the damn company for crying out loud. They can make a msutang but not jaguar?

Silly you say? :ph34r::p

I like the ravage-bot. nice head sculpt. Blends the classic angular style with BW ravage proportions. Not a fan of the color choice/use of red; At a loss as to how I would make it any better though.

Not something I would get. But I like the overall look better than ShouldaBeenStreaker/Deadend.

Bidding has ended for this item

The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the listing.

:huh:

What was that about??

And what's with the "This item will not be released in the near future"??

Anyway, I don't care much for this... The Jaguar head looks stupid. If Ravage was gonna be a car, he should have been a JAGUAR!!

Come to think of it, why not make a Trailblazer from Chevrolet's TRAILBLAZER?

I'm sorry, but that Ravage looks really, really silly. I'm sure some folks will love it though.

Hahahaha. Are you saying that fugly POS is actually going to be released?

I thought it was a joke........ :(:ph34r:

i have my suspicions, somehow i doubt that hasbro would just slap a kitty head onto a robot, the kitty head doesnt even look mechanical, just angular, othe rother hand thoe images dont look fake, i hope they redesign the head, or better yet make ravage something else

I have a question about these Alternators/Binaltech, are there still differences between the Hasbro and Takara versions? Like Takara = diecast and Hasbro = plastic?

The Mazda RX-8 is very nice, especially if it is going to be released in white instead of red. I dunno which one I should get, Takara or the cheaper Hasbro.

Edited by Wabbit

I have a question about these Alternators/Binaltech, are there still differences between the Hasbro and Takara versions? Like Takara = diecast and Hasbro = plastic?

That's it right there. The Binal Teachs have die cast in them, and the Alternators are all plastic.

Ah, it's still the case then. Haven't bought Binaltech since BT-01. But the Mazda is really nice. :)

Ah, it's still the case then. Haven't bought Binaltech since BT-01. But the Mazda is really nice. :)

Does ANYONE know how the Alternators version of Meister got released a LOT earlier than it's Japanese counterpart? Usually it's vice versa.

What gives Takara?

Hi guys :) the repaint of Tracks ( BT-11) will be Ravage !!! a bot mode with a cat head :(:angry:

www.tfkenkon.com

Does ANYONE know how the Alternators version of Meister got released a LOT earlier than it's Japanese counterpart? Usually it's vice versa.

What gives Takara?

3 theories:

1: Hasbro's licensing deal with mazda meant the toy had to be out by a specific date in the states that doesn't apply in japan.

2: Because the BT is availabe in 2 colours (red and white), there's a longer production lead time, as unlike Smokes, where the only variation is tampo work, meister's entire paint job is different, which will probably require them to do all the whites, then all the reds, before casing them up.

3: Dropping Smokes GT into the schedule earlier this month might have taken the planned slot for meister, so BT meister got bumped back a few weeks.

It's probably just a rejected Prototype, though a convertible vette is surely in the works.

actually on closer inspection is looks like a custom, is it just me ot that sideswipes windsheild? look at the sun visors that have the same locking holes that ar eon sideswipe, but when they show the robot mode there is clearly no use for them

edit: AND the section says 'factory prepainted' so far NONE of the prototypes have been painted so minor details are missing, that ravage look pretty complete, also so far all the prototypes had "not for resale" molded onto them somewhere, that thing looks shiny and clean

Edited by NERV

actually on closer inspection is looks like a custom, is it just me ot that sideswipes windsheild? look at the sun visors that have the same locking holes that ar eon sideswipe, but when they show the robot mode there is clearly no use for them

edit: AND the section says 'factory prepainted' so far NONE of the prototypes have been painted so minor details are missing, that ravage look pretty complete, also so far all the prototypes had "not for resale" molded onto them somewhere, that thing looks shiny and clean

tracks windshield has those as well, for locking the roof section to the windshield.

Okkkk.....the jaguar mode is just cheesy.....

To be fair, I believe that was just supposed to be the seller's goofy interpretation (and maybe even a commentary on how wrong the bipedal form was for Ravage).

Still, it irks me. I'd almost rather have a more human head if they were going to make Ravage humanoid. While I was an early proponent of Ravage as a Jaguar with a feline robot mode, I'm almost really digging the notion of a motorcycle as you could then have a Rumble as the rider (regardless of what he transformed into). Tell me Rumble doesn't reek motorcycle punk. :) Buzzsaw and even Laserbeak would also not make cool bike names, but could work for their animal forms.

ah, I'm not digging Ravage as the Decepticon version of Tracks. Just looks fugly and stupid as hell. I like the Tracks Alternator design alot and was hoping for a cool Decepticon repaint; I like the black Corvette better than the blue. Though actually, I could just kitbash a head from some other Alternator, hmmm . . . .

And check out this Mayuko Iwasa special edition of Meister. It would be kind of cool if they stuck a resculpted 'femanine' TF head on it and passed it off as a new character. But then again, maybe they're starting a whole new terrible trend with the Ravage thing and they'll put a little Mayuko head on it. :ph34r:

post-26-1095529665_thumb.jpg

Edited by eriku

lol poor meister :p Cute but overly girlie.

I tried looking again for some Alternator Hound, Silverstreak and such....but still everywhere here in oregon that I can get too is just Sideswipe and Bluestreak.....and I'm not gonna pay 60 bucks just to get something that's metal when I think the plastic ones are just fine.

lol poor meister :p Cute but overly girlie.

I tried looking again for some Alternator Hound, Silverstreak and such....but still everywhere here in oregon that I can get too is just Sideswipe and Bluestreak.....and I'm not gonna pay 60 bucks just to get something that's metal when I think the plastic ones are just fine.

Have you considered going the online route? I got so frustrated looking for Silverstreak that I just gave up and bought one from Bill's Toys and Games. Now, I wouldn't reccommend that store by any means (long story), but there are several other places that have SS and Hound in stock. They're around $30 after shipping, but the extra $$ might be worth it to not have to drive all over creation looking for them.

Speaking of Streak, this is my first Alternator and although it doesn't have the satisfying heft of die-cast, it's very well constructed and has a nice quality feel to it. The silver color of the plastic is (or is it paint, I'm not sure) beautiful and doesn't have a 'plasticy' look to it. Overall I like SS much better than Smokescreen.

And check out this Mayuko Iwasa special edition of Meister. It would be kind of cool if they stuck a resculpted 'femanine' TF head on it and passed it off as a new character. But then again, maybe they're starting a whole new terrible trend with the Ravage thing and they'll put a little Mayuko head on it. :ph34r:

Hey, it could be Arcee....

wait.... is this real?!?!?!?!?!?!?

And check out this Mayuko Iwasa special edition of Meister.  It would be kind of cool if they stuck a resculpted 'femanine' TF head on it and passed it off as a new character.  But then again, maybe they're starting a whole new terrible trend with the Ravage thing and they'll put a little Mayuko head on it. :ph34r:

Anything's gotta be nicer than that FUGLY looking Ravage. Heck. I'd rather pick up an Energon figure. :lol:

And check out this Mayuko Iwasa special edition of Meister.  It would be kind of cool if they stuck a resculpted 'femanine' TF head on it and passed it off as a new character.  But then again, maybe they're starting a whole new terrible trend with the Ravage thing and they'll put a little Mayuko head on it. :ph34r:

Anything's gotta be nicer than that FUGLY looking Ravage. Heck. I'd rather pick up an Energon figure. :lol:

I don't really mind ravage, but that pink meister is frightening.

I just placed an order with Digital Toys for the new Smokescreen and Tracks. I couldn't pass up that price! The seller has had the PayPal account for over 4 years and has had over 7000 PayPal transactions. Also, he replied to my email in less than 2 minutes.

How does the finish on Alternator Deadend compare to the BT? I decided to go with a BT Smokescreen since the Alternator finish looks plasticy (the missile launcher helped too) whereas the finish on the Alternator Hound looks great.

My question is, has anyone ordered from them before?

Are they a good seller?

Any reports of shopping experiences through them would be appreciated.

I have bought several items with them and I have not had any kind of problem so far. :lol: