Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

nice pics ;)

booohhh yeahhh!!!!! I love it!!! (Although they should have made him into the new Dodge cahrger they are planning) but who cares. I liek the different transformation sequence too. The shoulders looks nice. and the fact that it is a convertible with soft top. I ish they made a hard top snap cover but oh well.

Edited by Solscud007

Wouldn't it be funny if WNDCGR actually turned out to be Wind Cougar or something? :p

I think he looks pretty great so far, except for three minor things...

1. The big white square with the autobot logo sort of makes him look like a marathon runner...

2. I don't care for the way the doors just sort of stick out to the sides on the legs...but it's possible it's mistransformed I suppose.

3. We need more colors here! I really don't want another red Bin/Alt to add to the collection.

Chalk up another win for the Alternators. I can't wait for this guy to hit the shelves. My only, sole complaint is that I liked how they were keeping the heads close to their G1 animation counterparts, and this one severely breaks that tradition. Still, it's a good head sculpt and I don't much care for Windcharger's original head design (face in a box), so it's a minor complaint.

I just walked past a yellow S2000 parked by the entrance here and although I don't usually care for yellow on cars, I couldn't help but think "Binaltech Bumblebee!" :lol:

Speaking of colors, when are we going to start seeing some orange and brown in the Bin/Alt line? I know they're relatively unpopular colors but I'd like to see them. I think an S2000 in a Super Ostrich dreamsicle scheme would look pretty damn cool. B))

I just walked past a yellow S2000 parked by the entrance here and although I don't usually care for yellow on cars, I couldn't help but think "Binaltech Bumblebee!" :lol:

Speaking of colors, when are we going to start seeing some orange and brown in the Bin/Alt line? I know they're relatively unpopular colors but I'd like to see them. I think an S2000 in a Super Ostrich dreamsicle scheme would look pretty damn cool. B))

hehe, only orange and brown G1 figure that was made was the roadbuster. If they remade him, that'd be cool too! Even though he wasn't in the cartoon. :p:D:lol:

booohhh yeahhh!!!!! I love it!!! (Although they should have made him into the new Dodge cahrger they are planning) but who cares. I liek the different transformation sequence too. The shoulders looks nice. and the fact that it is a convertible with soft top. I ish they made a hard top snap cover but oh well.

You know, I would agree with you, but the new Charger... a FOUR door?!? Yuck.

Car & Driver has some shots from Dodge.....

Poor, poor Charger. sigh.

Oh, and Windcharger's awesome.

Edited by GreenGuy42

I just walked past a yellow S2000 parked by the entrance here and although I don't usually care for yellow on cars, I couldn't help but think "Binaltech Bumblebee!"  :lol:

Speaking of colors, when are we going to start seeing some orange and brown in the Bin/Alt line?  I know they're relatively unpopular colors but I'd like to see them.  I think an S2000 in a Super Ostrich dreamsicle scheme would look pretty damn cool.  B))

hehe, only orange and brown G1 figure that was made was the roadbuster. If they remade him, that'd be cool too! Even though he wasn't in the cartoon. :p:D:lol:

I know that he was at least in the comics. Are you sure that he didnt appear in the cartoon. Its a friggin amazing figure. I'd love to see an upated version whether it be by HasTak or another company. An updated whirl would also be nice.

I just walked past a yellow S2000 parked by the entrance here and although I don't usually care for yellow on cars, I couldn't help but think "Binaltech Bumblebee!"  :lol:

Speaking of colors, when are we going to start seeing some orange and brown in the Bin/Alt line?  I know they're relatively unpopular colors but I'd like to see them.  I think an S2000 in a Super Ostrich dreamsicle scheme would look pretty damn cool.   B))

I know that he was at least in the comics. Are you sure that he didnt appear in the cartoon. Its a friggin amazing figure. I'd love to see an upated version whether it be by HasTak or another company. An updated whirl would also be nice.

yup, both him and whirl never appeared in the cartoons. They were actually from mugen caliber, some japanese anime series. I think these were added just to spice up toy line a little because sales weren't doing so well for the second or third season of the toys.

Speaking of colors, when are we going to start seeing some orange and brown in the Bin/Alt line?  I know they're relatively unpopular colors but I'd like to see them.  I think an S2000 in a Super Ostrich dreamsicle scheme would look pretty damn cool.   B))

yup, both him and whirl never appeared in the cartoons. They were actually from mugen caliber, some japanese anime series. I think these were added just to spice up toy line a little because sales weren't doing so well for the second or third season of the toys.

Yeah dorvack. A great obscure line.

Wow! That looks good enough to be an official prototype. Since Hasbro is making Joes based on the comics I wonder if any of their pinheads are kicking around TF comics ideas. It's not like they could use the lack of a current cartoon as an excuse not to, GI Joe has thrived without a cartoon for years.

wow, does that thing transform? looks good!!  :blink:

Does it ever! It's amazing how one person's custom can look 10x better than a current Hasbro line such as Energon. I don't think I've ever wanted a scratch-built custom as badly as this one. :ph34r:

post-26-1096498229_thumb.jpg

Edited by eriku

wow, does that thing transform? looks good!!  :blink:

Does it ever! It's amazing how one person's custom can look 10x better than a current Hasbro line such as Energon. I don't think I've ever wanted a scratch-built custom as badly as this one. :ph34r:

Looks like a crossover between Kub and Hot Rod(imus Prime). :)

Say, is the red BT-08 Meister version a limited edition? If so, if I order randomly at HLJ (who sadly does not sell the colors seperately), I have a bigger chance to get a desired white one? :)

I can buy the loose white and red one somewhere else, but HLJ is very cheap. :rolleyes:

Say, is the red BT-08 Meister version a limited edition?

I don't think so, but I don't for a second doubt that it will be the more popular one. Just like the Solberg version of the 2004WRC Smokescreen sold out far quicker than the Hirvonen. In the one month that it's been out it's already become hard to come across.

Say, is the red BT-08 Meister version a limited edition?

I don't think so, but I don't for a second doubt that it will be the more popular one. Just like the Solberg version of the 2004WRC Smokescreen sold out far quicker than the Hirvonen. In the one month that it's been out it's already become hard to come across.

all the sources I've seen are quoting that it's a 50-50 split between red and white.

Thanks guys! Maybe I'll just take the chance, buy two and hopefully one or two of em ends up with (a) white one(s). If not, I'll trade it.

The wine red color is beautiful, but the white one reminds me of the cool character Jazz. :p