Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

Nice to see official pics, but that other guy's prototype was in much better poses. I swear Hasbro has blind people setting up their toys for photo-shoots.

At least it appears to be transformed correctly this time, though the gun looks odd for some reason and the shield is being held upside down.

OK, I just got Red Meister right now.

A very slight word of warning, it must have been the lighting or something in those pictures a while back, because the red does not really look as deep on the real thing... It's not exactly "wine" red... :(

OK, I just got Red Meister right now.

A very slight word of warning, it must have been the lighting or something in those pictures a while back, because the red does not really look as deep on the real thing... It's not exactly "wine" red... :(

I really hope it is the white one that I'll get! And I'll call him Jazz, like it's supposed to be! :)

Wheee!! Got my Meister!! w00ts! It rox!! The one I got had a floppy right arm, and it pops out of its socket with some movements. Can be fixed by putting something between the joint.

post-26-1096727075_thumb.jpg

Looks orange to me...?

Happy day, my local Walmart finally got Hound and Dead End! I nabbed both immeadiately. They had two Hounds, and one Dead End. They also had one Silverstreek, wich is the first I've seen there since picking up mine like a few months ago. Lately, seems like nothing but Sideswipe on the shelves.

And that's all folks! An excellent figure!

Can't wait to recieve mine! :)

I don't know if it's been pointed out before... but i just realized that the BT version of Meister has the steering wheel on the right side??? Or are the pics reversed?? That would be a neat detail! ;)

~Tico

PS> Oh, and from what i saw at tfkenkon.com ,does it come with a TF sticker?

Edited by Tico0001

I don't know if it's been pointed out before... but i just realized that the BT version of Meister has the steering wheel on the right side??? Or are the pics reversed?? That would be a neat detail! ;)

~Tico

Yes it does. Maybe its because its a Japanese car that's why? And yes, we drive on the right side here. :p

And yes it comes with a car sticker. :D

~Tico

Silverstreak (BT and Alternator) has the steering wheel on the right side as well.

I don't know if it's been pointed out before... but i just realized that the BT version  of Meister has the steering wheel on the right side??? Or are the pics reversed?? That would be a neat detail!  ;)

~Tico

Silverstreak (BT and Alternator) has the steering wheel on the right side as well.

Only the first run Alternator Bluestreaks have the sterring wheel on the right hand side. All the newer ones have it on the left side.

(No, I can't bring myself to call him Silverstreak)

Most impressive!

I have just now jumped on the Binaltech/Alternator bandwagon B))

I have the 2003 #7 Binaltech Smokescreen and the 2003 #8 Alternator Smokescreen.

At first I was dead set on getting only Binaltechs, but I have to say, my Binaltech has really made me appreciate my Alternater more. Sure one is diecast and the other is plastic, but the molds are EXACLTY the same and NO chipping! Not to mention a cheaper price point.

I have always been a fan of Rally car driving and a big fan of the Subaru WRX STI so I got hooked on this version of Smokescreen ever since I saw him on a postcard by Dreamwave I got from last year's 2003 Comic Con. Needless to say I thought it was just a cool drawing of a Transformer and thought nothing more of it. (Naturally I had Pat Lee sign it. He's a really cool guy in person) When I found out it was actually a real toy I had to have it.

I have already added some of my personal touches of my own. One major one is coloring the vent in front of the hood scoop black and detailing the small silver vent on the roof. I see on the 2004 edition, they already did this which really adds to the over all look of the toy.

The fit and finish on these toys are AMAZING! I have had no QT issues what so ever. Believe it or not, but the Alternator Smokescreen is actually had to find here in Southern CA.

Outside of the awesome engineering to be able to actually have opening doors, hood and trunk not to metion an engine and a dash board and seats, I have been really impressed with how Takara has been able to incorporate these these natual seams such as seen in bumpers, doors, hood ect. into the actual moving parts for the transformation. This is really evident in Smokescreen. The sculpt is right on and all the seams natually fit the natural seams of the car except in the back which is understandable seeing how these are the toy's feet. I know they had change this a little for Tracks and Sideswipe, but who was the same transformation for every car.

Just about the only thing on the front of Smokescreen that clues you in that he is more than just a cool rally car are the shoulder joints above the front wheel wells.

mini_DSCF0169.JPG

I see on the RX8 here, Takara has even gotten rid of those. MOST impressive!

After getting and working on my Alternator and Binaltech along with finishing a commissioned 1/48 VF-1S, there is little room on my desk to do actual paper work :lol:

Edited by SDFcommander

Wheee!! Got my Meister!! w00ts! It rox!! The one I got had a floppy right arm, and it pops out of its socket with some movements. Can be fixed by putting something between the joint.

Where did you get yours? I haven't seen it in any of my nearby stores yet, even the walmart that has gotten all the previous alternators right on time

Interesting... The exact same problem on mine too. I thought I got a faulty one.

What do you mean, "put something between the joint"? How?

Also, the bonnet popped off... <_<

On the whole, though, pretty much everything that sucked about the Subarus has been fixed for this toy, which is cool. Except the elbow articulation.

Most impressive!

I have just now jumped on the Binaltech/Alternator bandwagon  B))

I have the 2003 #7 Binaltech Smokescreen and the 2003 #8 Alternator Smokescreen.

At first I was dead set on getting only Binaltechs, but I have to say, my Binaltech has really made me appreciate my Alternater more. Sure one is diecast and the other is plastic, but the molds are EXACLTY the same and NO chipping! Not to mention a cheaper price point.

speaking as someone else with both an alt and BT smokescreen, I'd have to say the "no chipping" thing isn;t quite true for alt smokes- at least not mine...

My about 7 months old now, and has been transformed many times, and he is losing a lot of the tampo work on the windows (driver name and "subaru" banner on the rear windscreen) also the yellow stripes up the side are chipping to white at the trailing edge of the rear doors.

also, I find on the alt, the fact that he's just a flat blue makes him look very cheap next to the BT (Mine's a 2004 Smokes GT), which has a very deep, metallic blue.

that's not to say the BT is perfect, the panel fit on the alternator is a lot better- on the BT, the boot/trunk won;t shut properly. my BT swipe has a similar problem compared to my alt swipe (i doubled up as HLJ had a sale on the BT)

Edited by RFT

well if its the look you are concerned about, except for smokescrenn, the other you just buy real car paint and paint em and theyll look even better, i assume that the BT's are painted with the same paint that is used on the cars since they seem to have the same metallic flake in them

I just got into this line recently. I had played with an Alt. Smokescreen when they first came out, but I avoided the line since I didn't like the plasticy look of the Alts and the price of the BTs.

The nice metalic flake look of the Hound Alt and the Digital Toys sale on BTs sucked me into the line. I have a mix of 2 BTs (Smokescreen GT #1 & Tracks) and 2 Alts (Hound & Silverstreak) so far. I definately prefer the nice glossy finish on the BTs. I haven't really had chipping problems yet on the BTs, but I have to admit that I am very paranoid when I transform them. I'm not too worried since I only transform my toys once a month. The quality on the Alts is nice, but I don't like the plasticy look of Smokescreen and Sideswipe (I expect Deadend and Meister to have the same look).

I get to wait until next year to start getting any Alt/BT :(

Oh well. At least the wife's getting me the Predaking reissue for Christmas :D

That and I did spend several thousand on a Fodera bass :ph34r:

I suppose I can't complain too much. Still, this toy line is great and I'm getting anctious to jump in!

Am I the only one getting tired of all the car-based Alternators using (more or less) the same transformation sequence?

I mean, that was one of the really cool things about the G1 toys, how each of them had to be handled differently to get the alt-mode.

thats cuz the original transformers were different toys form different companies, aside from smokescreen and meister, all the others have completely different tranformations, perhaps similar parts usage (ie, hood = chest) but it was the same on the originals

Weren't most of the original G1 regular sized first release Autobot cars from the same toy line (a Microman spin-off, iirc?)...after all, most, if not all, had to the cockpits for a little guy (much like the Dinobots and the Seekers).

Different transformations styles would be nice, but it might be hard to keep them from looking too 'robot with car parts hanging off' while maintaining a good level of articulation. Besides, as someone pointed out, most of the car companies probably are emphasizing having the front end by the chest to show off the body style.

You know, I was looking over my old G1 guys (have all of the Autobots from the first two years from my childhood, although a few aren't as complete as they once were) and was thinking how potentially easy it would be to basically perfectly copy the modes, but put in more articulation with today's technology. Sure you'd run the risk of more breakage if legs could be bent and such, but it would depend on the market you were selling it to. Almost all your first season G1 regular size Autobots could be redone almost identical to how they were (with maybe some face adjustments to look like the cartoon if people preferred), but with individual legs, more arm articulation, and even more hip articulation. You might need to up the scale a bit, but people are showing interest in larger scales with the alternators anyway. That would make all the old G1 fans happy without whining over who doesn't look correct....but, then again, you do have all the car licensing issues, so that idea is pretty much null and void.