Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

OK, good then. As long as it's blue. I won't buy it yellow. Blue most definately.

hey Anubis, why do you have to go and rub in my face that you have a Dead End and I don't? :lol: just kidding, not like you can read minds, or can you? :blink: .

Anyway, I'm just mad at myself for not getting Dead End when I saw it. I picked Hound from the local Wal-Mart and after getting it home decided what the hell, Dead End paintjob is pretty cool, and I need some Decepticons. I go back to find them all out except for Hounds. And the next closest Wal-Mart is a 30 minute drive, whats up with that? I have 3 Tagets within a 10 minute drive from my house, but the next closest Wal-Mart is 30 muntes away? I must live in Target country.

Another question, the Decepticon Alternators are just gonna be repaints of whatever Autobots they make, correct? Cuz then I might wait to see what the Decepticon version of Tracks will look like (though his being blue might be alright).

Sorry, just needed to rant a little.

hey all, just picke dup hound from my local walmart, i love it, anyone noticed that each of the alternators seems to have 1 big flaw in robot mode, with smokescreen and silverstreak its the legs/feet, with sideswipe/deadend its the legs also, with hound its the arms, the poseability ont hem is pretty limited, make no mistake, the alternators are superior to pretttymuch ever other transformer out there and it would seem that meister will have both legs and arm poseability, he is the one i have really been waiting for

hey all, just picke dup hound from my local walmart, i love it, anyone noticed that each of the alternators seems to have 1 big flaw in robot mode, with smokescreen and silverstreak its the legs/feet, with sideswipe/deadend its the legs also, with hound its the arms, the poseability ont hem is pretty limited, make no mistake, the alternators are superior to pretttymuch ever other transformer out there and it would seem that meister will have both legs and arm poseability, he is the one i have really been waiting for

Yea, his arms are a little sub par, though the limited articulation isn't what bothers me...

Every time I look at that little angled black piece of plastic that acts as his shoulder, my mind just screams fragile...

I LOVE Hound, though. He's probably the best looking Alternator to date.

I've got tracks as well.

Vehicle mode looks great- the seam in the middle is pretty tight, is it's not overpowering to the look of the thing- the main problem is that the rear tyres are too narrow, but you hardly see it.

Transformation is fairly easy, apart from the legs. it's a job to get them to unfold properly, as there's quite a positive lock to hold ereythign in the right place for vehicle mode. this is even harder to deal with in the robot-car direction.

once in robot mode, posability of exellent for the arms, less good for the legs. the legs can move over quite a range, but the feet don't, which restricts things somewhat. the other problem with posing the legs is that with all the bodywork hanging off them (ald also the fact that the doors are attached to the body, not the legs), means there's a lot of fiddling usually needs to be done to move all the body peices out of the way when posing.

I love my Tracks. In fact, I love all of them.

Tracks has a sleek car mode and the robot mode is great too.

RFT Posted on Sep 13 2004, 03:17 AM

Transformation is fairly easy, apart from the legs. it's a job to get them to unfold properly, as there's quite a positive lock to hold ereythign in the right place for vehicle mode. this is even harder to deal with in the robot-car direction.

Yup, I agree with the above. Also, my joints in the arms are a little loose.

But I highly recommend him.

Current rumor is that Tracks will be remolded as Ravage for the Decepticons?!

Supposably he has a Jaguar like head sculpt?

This is from Charlie5 on the TFw2005 boards.

I hope that's not legit. It loked fugly with a panther head on the black vette body.

Edited by Anubis

I agree. Better to have a car (maybe license a Jaguar type?) that turns into a four-legged animal (if you can make it look good) than have some weird Egyptian cat god looking robot. To me, whether he just growls like the old cartoon or can actually speak like in the comics or Beast Wars, Ravage should always look like a predatory animal, not a humanoid.

It's a real shame that one Scion (I think it was Scion) commercial where the robotic large cat transforms into one of their cars really was more of a morph. Otherwise, it would be perfect choice for our favorite Deceptikitty.

If Ravage is a car, though, and you eventually make a Rumble, Frenzy, Laserbeak, etc, would Soundwave have to be a car carrier ala Ultra Magnus? Would bring a whole new visual look to "Ravage...Rumble...Laserbeak...Eject!" as cars fly off him. :D

noel, i actually like all the repaints, im sure the hardcore completist collectors are mourning their wallets, but as a casual collector i like the variety of colors and style which allows to pick what i want, example when smoke screen first came out i loved the body and transformation but i didnt like all the race drab, i tihnk it looks tacky so i returned it, then when silverstreak came out i bought it because it looks mor elike a normal car, i also like that meister comes in red and white, i will get the red, and maybe get the white if i like the red one enough, i do think that they shud limit the variants to 2 or 3 tho, soon enough there will be 5 subarus? wrc 7, wrc 8, wrx, new wrc 7, new wrc 8, thats a bit ridiculous

There are now 4 Smokescreens, NOT including the Silverstreak repaints.

2003 WRC versions of both Hirvonen and Solberg types, and 2004 of the same.

I recently got the 2004 Solberg.

Believe it or not, these actually fit into the ongoing "Binaltech Story". According to this, by using GT technology (can't remember what it stands for), they can upload Smokescreen's soul and memory into four different bodies at the same time, thus making him a more efficient fighting machine. Alas, the research is not yet complete and the system has not yet been tested in battle...

Anyway, they could have just said they really want to milk the Impreza mold. No-one would argue.

So if you include Streak, then yes, there ARE ALREADY 5 Subarus out.

Edited by Renato

Well, considering how popular the car is in Japan (from what I've been told), it makes sense over there. Far less sense here in the States where there is not such a fanatical following.

Well, considering how popular the car is in Japan (from what I've been told), it makes sense over there. Far less sense here in the States where there is not such a fanatical following.

Oh contraire I believe that the WRX has become the new Civic and integra fad. The WRX is a vastly popular car here in the states

Oh contraire I believe that the WRX has become the new Civic and integra fad. The WRX is a vastly popular car here in the states

it is very popular, everyone loves the sti/evo8 rivalry, and the wrx is more practical than an sti, i probly see about 12 wrx's a day, and i dont drive much.

i tihnk he problem with the american market is that most people here wont want a model of the car, if anytihng theyd just get a poster or sometihng, most americans dont seem too big on collectibles, particularly toys, and as complex and detailed as the alternators are, they are still toys

i would say that any american who has a display model of a car would probably only have 1 or 2 and it would probably be a supercar, not a standard consumer car, as much as i love the wrx, assuming neithe rone transformed and had equal detail, i would rtahe rhave sometihng like a rosemeyer on my desk

wow, that wheeljack looks toit!! I wouldn't mind buying that for sure! Only thing is the cartoon version of wheeljack is only suppose to have one shoulder cannon, but if the sculpter sculpted this after the G1 toy, then that's ok! :p:D:lol:

Yo, I never said the car wasm't popular, or didn't have a following, I just said there isn't nearly the fanatical following. Do you really think there is such a following that Hasbro will be able to as easily sell several different Smokescreen versions to more than just a few collectors?

Yo, I never said the car wasm't popular, or didn't have a following, I just said there isn't nearly the fanatical following. Do you really think there is such a following that Hasbro will be able to as easily sell several different Smokescreen versions to more than just a few collectors?

not in america, and thats why in america they only released 2, the wrc 8 and the wrx

How is it that this guy has so many prototypes for sale? <_<