Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

Either way, maybe this will get people to quit complainingthat they all transform the same.

well, i'm not really complaining, but the people who are do have a point. none have the exact same transformation (other than silverstreak and smokescreen), but there are a lot of similarities. smokescreen and meister have the same basic transformation, there are specifec differences, at least partially due to the design of the car body itself. hound's transformation is very similar as well, but different enough to warrant it as the third transformation style. tracks and sideswipe also have a very similar transformation, and this new one seems to borrow a bit from both of them. grimlock's design seems to be largely original, but there are a number of obvious similarities to hound and smokescreen.

personally i don't mind or care if they're all pretty similar, the G1 cars were all pretty similar. more than anything i wish they were playing more true to the G1 transformations and brands, especially since that would have ruled out the viper. but that's just personal preference, and with a modded back end, sideswipe looks a lot like his G1 version.

ahh here we go, if you color the clear part dark it will look similar, i know they are trying to make the face like the original, though they are not always exact,. to top that off we just saw grimlock so you never know

maybe overdrive?

oh yea i almost forgot about the omnibots he is very similar indeed, and he seems perfect. maybe it is him after all, with are luck it will turn out to be someone we do not expect like wheelie :p:lol:

edit : found this pic of overdrive, what do you guys think? is it him?

Edited by zeo-mare

oh yea i almost forgot about the omnibots he is very similar indeed, and he seems perfect. maybe it is him after all, with are luck it will turn out to be someone we do not expect like wheelie :p:lol:

edit : found this pic of overdrive, what do you guys think? is it him?

wow, a picture where an omni-bot actually looks kick ass!

So far my vote goes to Overdrive. The visor really does throw the whole thing off from any other choices. Though I would hope for once it's a decepticon first this time.

Might be a little farfetched, but maybe it is the Technobot Lightspeed?

That's not a bad one either. I think he had a visor. :unsure:

here is a pic of lightspeed i can see some resemblence in this one as well. what do you guys think?

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

Don't just look at the visor, remember to take everything else about hte head into consideration. Also Takara seems to be molding the heads after the characters' heads from the animation, not the original toys or the box artwork, wich were often quite different.

AM I the only one who would like to see an alternators/Binaltech/MPC starscream, many I want my bad ass transformable F-15, are you listening Takara?

I think we all do, but right now it just looks like takara is focusing on cars only. I guess the reason they are doing this is because the majority of the characters are cars. So it looks like they can milk that until it's totally dry and that could be for a while! :p:D:lol:

AM I the only one who would like to see an alternators/Binaltech/MPC starscream, many I want my bad ass transformable F-15, are you listening Takara?

I think we all do, but right now it just looks like takara is focusing on cars only. I guess the reason they are doing this is because the majority of the characters are cars. So it looks like they can milk that until it's totally dry and that could be for a while! :p:D:lol:

Bobe, I wouldn't rule out HAStak focusing on just cars only right now, a survey was passed out at this year's OFTCC asking fans what other alt modes would they like to see BESIDES cars! THis includes military vehicles...and DUH jets!

HAsbro would be very stupid to ignore the demand for jet alternators.

Anyhoo I keep getting flamed for this every now and then on the tf boards, but seriously knight26 brings up a very valid request. I keep getting deadlocked into flame wars about alternator jets and keep having to defend my position. Being that jets were IN the survey means perhaps that hasbro is looking towards more alt modes to bring into alternators and perhaps we could get a subline of jets and military vehicles...which me and many fans including just about all of us here @MW want. anyhoo these are the outcomes of my debates.

1-very few actually want an all car line. Howeever a subline would please jet and car fans since the car line would remain seemingly "untainted" and us jet fans FINALLY GET A FREIGGIN ULTIMATE VERSION OF STARSCREAM FULLY POSEABL AND REALITIC AS EITHER AN F-22, F-15, OR SU37(THE LATTER HHHEHHEHE...A DREAM)

2-a LOT if not MOST of us want alternator/BT JETS. LIKe i said it would be stupid for hasbro to ignore this. Worried that all jets are mostly decepticons? HEll throw in skyfire/jetfire as an F-14D and BAM ALREADY a jet that would sell REAL WELL, and something for the kiddies to use to fight the seekers.

3-The diecast jet market is just as big as the diecast car market. Again hasbro would be dumb to ignore this. IN order to market thse scale MUST be broken and a seperate scale must be used for jets as 1/24 would be real huge for mass market transformers. JETS that is. Maybe 1/72 @ smallest, 1/48 preferred. And crap, masterpiece prime was 1.24 scale presumably, had diecast and was at the 70$ mark., 1/48 jets in robot mode could be same size but all plastic would bring the price down considerably. Add into the account that alternators cars are in the deluxe size class currently which leaves open the notiuon that..

4-BIGGER and a smaller basic size class could potentially unravel in the future!

and knight trust me u aint the onlyt one! I been flamed many a times for wanting alternator jets!! MANY!!

*im telln you guys, the minute Bt/Alt jets come out all the haters will ride hasbro all day in joy, and come up with some ratiional bullshi* as to why they still think cars would be better*

Bobe, I wouldn't rule out HAStak focusing on just cars only right now, a survey was passed out at this year's OFTCC asking fans what other alt modes would they like to see BESIDES cars! THis includes military vehicles...and DUH jets!

Anyhoo I keep getting flamed for this every now and then on the tf boards, but seriously knight26 brings up a very valid request. I keep getting deadlocked into flame wars about alternator jets and keep having to defend my position. Being that jets were IN the survey means perhaps that hasbro is looking towards more alt modes to bring into alternators and perhaps we could get a subline of jets and military vehicles...which me and many fans including just about all of us here @MW want. anyhoo these are the outcomes of my debates.

1-very few actually want an all car line. Howeever a subline would please jet and car fans since the car line would remain seemingly "untainted" and us jet fans FINALLY GET A FREIGGIN ULTIMATE VERSION OF STARSCREAM FULLY POSEABL AND REALITIC AS EITHER AN F-22, F-15, OR SU37(THE LATTER HHHEHHEHE...A DREAM)

2-a LOT if not MOST of us want alternator/BT JETS. LIKe i said it would be stupid for hasbro to ignore this. Worried that all jets are mostly decepticons? HEll throw in skyfire/jetfire as an F-14D and BAM ALREADY a jet that would sell REAL WELL, and something for the kiddies to use to fight the seekers.

3-The diecast jet market is just as big as the diecast car market. Again hasbro would be dumb to ignore this. IN order to market thse scale MUST be broken and a seperate scale must be used for jets as 1/24 would be real huge for mass market transformers. JETS that is. Maybe 1/72 @ smallest, 1/48 preferred. And crap, masterpiece prime was 1.24 scale presumably, had diecast and was at the 70$ mark., 1/48 jets in robot mode could be same size but all plastic would bring the price down considerably. Add into the account that alternators cars are in the deluxe size class currently which leaves open the notiuon that..

4-BIGGER and a smaller basic size class could potentially unravel in the future!

and knight trust me u aint the onlyt one! I been flamed many a times for wanting alternator jets!! MANY!!

*im telln you guys, the minute Bt/Alt jets come out all the haters will ride hasbro all day in joy, and come up with some ratiional bullshi* as to why they still think cars would be better*

oh man, I hope your right then. I so want a starscream that's super detailed and posable too. I guess we just have to wait and see! :p:D:lol:

oh man, I hope your right then. I so want a starscream that's super detailed and posable too. I guess we just have to wait and see! :p:D:lol:

I am still certain that the little original sculpt robot master starscream is an omen for a MP Starscream. :DB))

As it's popped up in this very thread before, the popular guess is that HasTak will make another line of Transformers that is as highly detailed and faithful as the Alternators line, but while in scale to each other not in scale to the Alternators, that will consist of Jets and other military vehicles.

As it's popped up in this very thread before, the popular guess is that HasTak will make another line of Transformers that is as highly detailed and faithful as the Alternators line, but while in scale to each other not in scale to the Alternators, that will consist of Jets and other military vehicles.

Yep...SURVEY SAYS! LOL.

Man I can feel it coming, alternator subline of jets...DRooooooolllllllll. Dude a 1.48 Su-37 would be beastyly and very very awesome. Not to mention not too big nad certainly not too small. I'd love Mig 29's and SU-37s in alternators 1/48 scale. I know that MCD/Boeing is tricky with licenses but what the heck, maybe the russians won't care if we use their designs instead LOL.

I hope this theory moves beyond fanboy wishful thinking and into reality. As for autobot planes who thinks they should make a delux shuttle for skylynx or cosmos B)) perhaps some sort of private jet for power glide. :unsure:

I hope this theory moves beyond fanboy wishful thinking and into reality. As for autobot planes who thinks they should make a delux shuttle for skylynx or cosmos B)) perhaps some sort of private jet for power glide. :unsure:

Cosmos?? Hehe, Hasbro/Takara would have to go to Area 51 and ask for the license for their UFO things! Or maybe George Adamski... :D

Oh that reminds me -- TF trivia tidbit: Cosmos is called "Adams" in Japan. ;)

If HasTak does make a different line for larger vehicles and jets, I do hope they keep them a little bit bigger than the alternators, even if they're smaller in scale.

Starscream and friends should tower over the cars, at least a little.

Just got my tracks today. Disapointing. I can't say he looks that great in either mode, particularly with the massive seem down his hood. also his legs are very stiff during transformation. beware. Even though he is the most disapointing BT he is still better than most other non BT TFers out there.

just got mine today too :D . I only love it in robot mode. the muscle repaint corvette will stay in car mode :lol:

Sorry for the delay.......I did manage to take some pictures at work, but I haven't loaded them into the computer, just too lazy.......but I took some comparison shots of how the 350Z would look with Sideswipe since they're both 1/24 scale.

post-26-1092927435_thumb.jpg

Hahaha :) I just had a thought, wouldn't it be sweet if Yamato sold U.S. distribution rights for their 1/60 or 1/48's to Hasbro/Takara and they just re-tooled the heads and released Starscream, Thundercracker and Jetfire Masterpieces :lol:

Or Toynami <_<