Official Transformers Alternators and more thread.

just picked up the only hound and silverstreak at the Long Beach Wal-Mart.  :D

Lucky you! I haven't had much luck finding them at my local Target, Walmart, and Toysrus stores, but there are a buttload of sideswipe alternators where I've looked.

there was only one set... When I left it was all red Lambos there... Hound is too cool....

Thanks for the update Renato I'll be back in Japan on Sat and plan on cleaning house at all my usual haunts ;) . . . .

JAPANESE TOY STORES AND VENDERS BEWARE!!!

THIS WILL BE MY THREE WEEK CAMPAIGN!!!

I SHALL SHOW NO MERCY!!!

PREPARE TO BE PILAGED AND HAVE YOUR SHELVES TORN ASUNDER!!!! :D:D:D

"VICTROY OR DEATH!!!"

Edited by DARKWIND

"VICTROY OR DEATH!!!"

You've already blend in with Engrish. :lol:

WIll that be coming here to the states as Jazz?

Unfortunatley not.

He will be named Meister here.

Some trademark or copyright must have ran out or the other theory is that since Honda has a new car in the UK called "Jazz" that Mazda didnt want thier RX-8 to be mistaken for the Honda Jazz. So we all get Meister. I am still calling mine Jazz though.

I always thought it was the trademark on the actual names, which is why we've seen 'Autobot Jazz' in re-releases and old G.I.Joes with additions to their names as well like 'Sgt. Stalker' and 'Agent Scarlett'.

Can't just use generic names (or non-generic car designs) willy-nilly like in the 80's anymore...

So unless there is an issue with Mazda wanting to avoid the 'Jazz' name, we could very well see an 'Autobot Jazz' alternator.

I may have to pick up the BT versions, though...just to ensure getting a red one. While I definitely prefer the white for Jazz/Meister, I'm thinking a red one with a custom sculpted head would make a really nice Cliffjumper.

Edited by Southpaw Samurai

Unfortunatley not.

Some trademark or copyright must have ran out or the other theory is that since Honda has a new car in the UK called "Jazz" that Mazda didnt want thier RX-8 to be mistaken for the Honda Jazz. So we all get Meister. I am still calling mine Jazz though.

But Honda has been owned the rights to the name Jazz for more than 20 years now; in fact, it was the European name of the Honda City, which in turn was what the Autobot Skids transformed into.

So Honda had a car named Jazz at the same time that the character Jazz first appeared as a Porsche in TF.

I always thought it was the trademark on the actual names, which is why we've seen 'Autobot Jazz' in re-releases and old G.I.Joes with additions to their names as well like 'Sgt. Stalker' and 'Agent Scarlett'.

Can't just use generic names (or non-generic car designs) willy-nilly like in the 80's anymore...

So unless there is an issue with Mazda wanting to avoid the 'Jazz' name, we could very well see an 'Autobot Jazz' alternator.

I may have to pick up the BT versions, though...just to ensure getting a red one. While I definitely prefer the white for Jazz/Meister, I'm thinking a red one with a custom sculpted head would make a really nice Cliffjumper.

Well the US Alternator Meister is already out in Singapore and HK so I dont think the name will magically change to Jazz.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...bayphotohosting

So I've been talking to the wife alot lately.

Sue me. . . :D

the alternators Meister is out already?!!! geesh i cannot still find the hound and silverstreak, , and he came out before Tracks did? weird

Unfortunatley not.

And we all know that Jazz's original JP name is Meister. So in a way it's as accurate as you could get.

I thought the TF names were a marvel invention, then retrospectively applied to japan, where ina couple of cases they picked different ones... making "jazz" arguable more original than "meister" (as the diaclone toy was just "porsche 935 turbo")

Okay... out on a protein bar hunt at Wal-mart (ran out of my good stuff.. meh..)

...so I head to the toy isle... THANK YOU HURRICANE FRANCES!....

They just brought up the LAST of their toys... among them... one Dead End, one Hound, and one Silverstreak...!!!!! :lol::D:lol:

Thing is, these things' build quality seems a bit down from my first two. Some of the parts seem to be extraordinarily thin and fragile, especially with Dead End...

...anyone notice this?

I finally found Alternator Hound yesterday at the Walmart in Oxnard, CA. I checked every Target in the Camarillo, Oxnard, Ventura area, but only found Smokescreens and Sideswipes. When I finally got to the Walmart, lo and behold, they had a Silverstreak, 2-3 Deadends and 2-3 Hounds. I will definately be hitting up Walmart first for all my TF Alternator needs from now on.

I present:

ALTERNATOR DEAD END.

I love it. Looks awesome in both modes, especially in car mode, and the paint job is really good.

Got mine from BBTS.

post-26-1094954476_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately the picture of Alternator Tracks is of the Yellow Version after all. Guess the Blue is for a later release? Or are they maybe doing the same thing they're doing with Jazz/Meister?

post-26-1094954697_thumb.jpg