22 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

I have checked my coupon page a couple of times and I don't have it either sadly. Most of the ones I have specifically exclude 'Anime figures' which Metal builds and Robot Spirits fall under.  

well that sucks if that's the case. It's possible that the period to get the coupon might have ended earlier

Just now, pafy6285 said:

well that sucks if that's the case. It's possible that the period to get the coupon might have ended earlier

It seems to me that Buyee is more strict with there coupons and are excluding anime figures more. A couple of years ago 10% to 20% coupons including anime figures were more common, at least what I remember. Managed to use a 20% off on a Metal Build Strike Noir from Yahoo Japan and 10% on shipping. That was 2-3 years ago. 

3 hours ago, pafy6285 said:

I do see a 10% coupon.  I also "forged" the link to get the 20% coupon, and then I could access the offer page, but it says the coupon is not valid for my account.  Thats why I said the 20% offer is account dependent.

Edited by akai21

31 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Metal Robot Damashii AKATSUKI Shiranui Pack (Gundam Seed Freedom Ver.)

mrr.jpg

Ok so for years I have been trying to stay out of the Spirits , i think I have hit my breaking point and will probably fold on this if its an actual gold not the gold that Phenex and Hyaku Shiki come in 

On 3/1/2024 at 9:46 PM, 68whiskey said:

Ok so for years I have been trying to stay out of the Spirits , i think I have hit my breaking point and will probably fold on this if its an actual gold not the gold that Phenex and Hyaku Shiki come in 

This was displayed in the Tamashii Store Tokyo.

GHoKgl5a4AAVdtj.jpg.c26b9425d04413f93510e0e640771118.jpg

GHoKis0bYAAOaur.jpg.5ef67d96fe74392af2a3bca4e56a0227.jpg

14 hours ago, Falcon said:

What's updated in the sculpt I wonder?

It's using the body that was first introduced with the Astray Red Dragonics – new waist, leg, foot and shoulder pauldron. This results in better articulation – more ab-crunch, drop-down hips, deeper knee bend and greater foot movement.

Here is a comparison that I borrowed from Hacchaka that has the old and updated body next to each other.

9b96e1e8.jpg.00ba02a1490dfd20219f1bdcf554fb9f.jpg

I'm weird but I actually prefer the old sculpt.  The new sculpt looks better in some ways, but I miss the linkage when bending the knee, and my personal copy of Red Dragonics had loose knee armor which made me return it to PBandai/Bluefin.

Got my MB Kampfer in and he is pretty great. I put him in a Kampfer Amazing pose in the hope that Bandai will do designs from Build Fighters.

I'm surprised and shocked that the Kampfer doesn’t come a regular flight pose arm for the display base.

Sure, I might not need the arm for the stand and a bracket for the iconic Kampfer flight pose is included. But it would be a nice thing to have for people who have this as their only Metal Build toy.

Didnt we already have 2 previous releases for the Snow White Prelude?

I would really like to see a Heavy Arms , Talgeese or Epyon from the wing series instead of another Wing unit

2 hours ago, 68whiskey said:

Didnt we already have 2 previous releases for the Snow White Prelude?

I would really like to see a Heavy Arms , Talgeese or Epyon from the wing series instead of another Wing unit

gotta milk the existing molds a little more to afford the Heavy arms remolds I guess. 🤷‍♂️

So, I am pretty new to the whole non-Gunpla side of Gundam.  I have a Metal Robot Spirits Wing Gundam Zero and I love it, though it is a bit small......I recently got a Metal Build Strike Gundam Tamashii Store exclusive Heliopolis rollout release and I have to say that I am very impressed with the detail and heft of the Metal Build Strike Gundam.  I am a little frustrated with the Launcher accessory add on kit that I bought along with it, the shoulder piece falls off way too easily and the big gun on the arm is unwieldy as all get out to try to manipulate and make it look good.

My Question is, is there a Metal Build Zeta Gundam or Zeta Plus Gundam?  I know of the Gundam Fix Figuration Metal Composite Zeta Plus set, but I do not think it is the same as a metal build.....What would people recommend?

Thanks!

Twich

2 minutes ago, twich said:

My Question is, is there a Metal Build Zeta Gundam or Zeta Plus Gundam?  I know of the Gundam Fix Figuration Metal Composite Zeta Plus set, but I do not think it is the same as a metal build.....What would people recommend?

there's the metal robot Zeta (https://myfigurecollection.net/item/907051) and also other Zeta/Zeta plus variants.

the GFFMC zeta plus is the same scale as Metal build stuff, but it's a really old figure at this point and is really different in terms of style and engineering compared to Metal Build SEED figures.

7 hours ago, twich said:

Thanks!

Twich

There was that third party Tomemei Cita released back in 2019. The design is somehow like the Zeta ver.2 kit but only with diecast frame. Transformation is somehow simplified versus the kit. Some of us discussed this on the Third Party thread.

But if you don't mind the 1/144 size, the Metal Robot Damashii Zetas are the go-to for now. As much as I like the Zeta Unit 3A, I didn't went for it. It's too magenta for me. :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, weiser21 said:

Yo can only get it at Side-F?

Yes, as mentioned on the initial post. You have to pick up the item on-site. The preorder is thru the LivePocket JP ticketing system. I googled translate the info from this link: https://www.gundam-side-f.net/news/1676.html

LunaPark is offering it for Y13600 more to cover their fees at Y59800.
https://www.lunapark.store/product-page/chogokin-msn-04ff-sazabi-japan-version

On 3/20/2024 at 12:11 AM, no3Ljm said:

Yes, as mentioned on the initial post. You have to pick up the item on-site. The preorder is thru the LivePocket JP ticketing system. I googled translate the info from this link: https://www.gundam-side-f.net/news/1676.html

LunaPark is offering it for Y13600 more to cover their fees at Y59800.
https://www.lunapark.store/product-page/chogokin-msn-04ff-sazabi-japan-version

Dang, $90 markup.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, weiser21 said:

Dang, $90 markup.

Well, still cheaper than going there personally. ;) 

It is what it is for this kind of exclusives. We can only hope that Bandai is going to release this for retail afterwards.

Edited by no3Ljm

On 3/22/2024 at 12:52 AM, davidwhangchoi said:

clicked on the link for luna park before reading and thought wow that's so cheap for a metal structure. then it hits me it's chogokin. 

So, I’m new to non-gunpla Gundam offerings, what is the difference between Chogokin and Metal Build?

Twich

17 hours ago, twich said:

So, I’m new to non-gunpla Gundam offerings, what is the difference between Chogokin and Metal Build?

Twich

@no3Ljm I think your help is needed^_^

I'm out of Metal Build collecting and sold my collection 2 years ago but the Chogokin line came out after the metal build line and a few on here can give you the details. 

I believe the Chogokin line is below the Metal Build line from what the noel shared but others in here can share more in detail.

23 hours ago, twich said:

Twich

Here's mostly the replies from Page 233. Hope it helps. :good: 

On 1/30/2024 at 3:29 AM, seti88 said:

Ok you got me. Whats the difference between chogokin line and soul of chogokin line.

On 1/30/2024 at 1:59 PM, no3Ljm said:

From what I know Chogokin is their old original diecast line which carries anything in-between. No dedicated series or line even though they featured old Super Robots in the line.

Soul of Chogokin which was introduced back in the 90's to update previous releases from the 70's and 80's with features. And is mostly dedicated to the Super Robots genre. With some stuff in-between like Tokusatsu series.

However, Chogokin releases also got improved to a point where you cannot distinguished anymore from each line. A Chogokin Gundam will probably look like a Metal Build Gundam displayed together until you inspect it closely due to differences in features.

In the end, no matter which Chogokin line, there's more plastic than diecast in the end product. :lol: 

On 1/30/2024 at 8:07 PM, seti88 said:

Was catching up with the old wire series and what you explained above sounds familiar..🤭

Reveal hidden contents

sounds like bandai trying to rebrand but unsure what to do with the old legacy brand. 😆

On 2/1/2024 at 11:05 PM, locidm said:

google search:

Metal Build followed the 2007 release of a similar line of partly diecast action figures under Gundam Fix Figuration Metal Composite, which focuses on Universal Century mecha and is based on the designs and artwork of Hajime Katoki. In contrast, Metal Build has focused on other timelines than Universal Century.

Metal build has more accessories like you mentioned, and also tends to be more detailed. Chogokin is usually designed with animation accuracy in mind, while metal build is stylised. Chogokin uses ratchet joints (better for longevity) while metal build is strictly friction.

while some may favor MB more than chogokin, I think it’s wrong to say chogokin is the budget line. It’s a different design approach. Simpler and more anime accurate design will feel less detailed but it’s meant to be that way, not to say it’s lower quality. 

On 1/30/2024 at 10:40 PM, anime52k8 said:

Chogokin is very much a budget line compared to MB it really shows comparing Freedom to Freedom:

6 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

@no3Ljm I think your help is needed^_^

I'm out of Metal Build collecting and sold my collection 2 years ago but the Chogokin line came out after the metal build line and a few on here can give you the details. 

I believe the Chogokin line is below the Metal Build line from what the noel shared but others in here can share more in detail.

:drinks:

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Here's mostly the replies from Page 233. Hope it helps. :good: 

:drinks:

The reason I asked was that when I was in the Tamashii Nations Store in Times Square, I was debating between the Chogokin Gundam Aerial or the Metal Build Strike Gundam Heliopolis Rollout Version store exclusive. I really like the look of both figures, but went with the strike Gundam due to being the store exclusive.  I have Always wanted the Gundam Fix Figuration Metal Composite Zeta Plus Gundam, but didn’t want to pay the ridiculous price for an aged, used toy.  I Love to build Gunpla, but I got the Metal Robot Spirits Wing Gundam Zero last year and it was an amazing figure, though a bit small and really got me interested in the other Gundam offerings.  Thanks for explaining!

Twich

38 minutes ago, twich said:

The reason I asked was that when I was in the Tamashii Nations Store in Times Square, I was debating between the Chogokin Gundam Aerial or the Metal Build Strike Gundam Heliopolis Rollout Version store exclusive. I really like the look of both figures, but went with the strike Gundam due to being the store exclusive.  I have Always wanted the Gundam Fix Figuration Metal Composite Zeta Plus Gundam, but didn’t want to pay the ridiculous price for an aged, used toy.  I Love to build Gunpla, but I got the Metal Robot Spirits Wing Gundam Zero last year and it was an amazing figure, though a bit small and really got me interested in the other Gundam offerings.  Thanks for explaining!

Twich

You're welcome! :good: 

It's actually really nice to have different models from different lines. But getting them all is sometimes, sorry I take it back, most of the times are really getting out of hand. And it really ruins the budget. :vava:

On 3/25/2024 at 2:24 AM, twich said:

Twich

To me the differences boil down to:

Metal Build: stylized designs from mostly non UC suits

Metal Composite: designs of mostly UC suits true to the designs of Katoki Hajime

Chogokin: adapted Gunpla designs (from what I can tell) made into action figures

Other than that, they all are roughly 1/100 scale, have die cast, paint and plastic (though distribution and amount will vary), come with display stands and lots of accessories.

From my experience with owning Metal Build and Metal Composite figures and seeing reviews of the Chogokin line, the MB/MC ones are of higher quality compared to the Chogokin line, especially when it comes to the sharpness of the molding. 

However, the quality of the Metal Composite line drastically improved with the Gundam Wing releases (I think it was even branded as Metal Composite x Metal Build in the beginning).

I think you made the right choice in going with the Strike Gundam. While I am not a fan of the design I think it is the best made Metal Build release so far (though the Hi Nu is pretty great too).