6 hours ago, lechuck said:

With all these MRD announcements I'm thirsting for some new MB or GFFMC right about now.

Any possible Tamashii target dates one can look forward to?

At least this small break will let me catch on some old releases 

But yeah, some new MB figure would be great

Does anyone here know the exact release date of the Metal Build Kampfer?

I was looking at the Tamashii Nations page but couldn’t find one.

I missed the preorder and I’m trying to secure one on release day.

1 hour ago, Scyla said:

Does anyone here know the exact release date of the Metal Build Kampfer?

I was looking at the Tamashii Nations page but couldn’t find one.

I missed the preorder and I’m trying to secure one on release day.

Official release is this month of February as per Tamashii Website. But no exact date posted yet in their schedule page.

From proxy site like Anime-Export, they put Feb 29 for now. Which most sites do when there's no official date listed.

As for P-Bandai US, it only says March 2024.

Hope that helps. :good:

Edited by no3Ljm

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Official release is this month of February as per Tamashii Website. But no exact date posted yet in their schedule page.

From proxy site like Anime-Export, they put Feb 29 for now. Which most sites do when there's no official date listed.

i had missed this and forgot abt it ..now getting itchy again....

and with the fuji x100vi announcement out this month too (for the camera folks).......:blink:

20 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Sorta, kinda…

… at least I know now that I didn’t miss an important announcement with regards to the release date. 

On 2/16/2024 at 1:43 PM, 68whiskey said:

Fell from shelf and left shoulder armor cover is broke. In 2 pieces at the hinge. I’ve tried to repair twice but the moment it moves it rebreaks. Everything else is fine and functions.

It would be a shame to let it go. Would it be possible to just replace the entire left shoulder? You may be able to pop the arm off and detach the shoulder armor.

There's an eBay user that offers replacement MB parts. I just ordered a few things myself.

4 hours ago, sjr said:

It would be a shame to let it go. Would it be possible to just replace the entire left shoulder? You may be able to pop the arm off and detach the shoulder armor.

There's an eBay user that offers replacement MB parts. I just ordered a few things myself.

As someone who buys multiple KO/3rd Party builds a year , repair is something im familiar with. Its just where it broke is right at the hinge and there isnt enough mating material to keep it from breaking upon movement. So once its repaired the shoulder armor is going to be locked in that position and i didnt want that. So its better to re home it in my opinion. 

I know which ebay people you are talking about , there are a couple of them. One quoted me $45 and the other $60 for the shoulder. Shipping would be $15-20. My OCD self is just going to buy a new one for $220 and have a complete color matched set

4 hours ago, General Rasp said:

The Metal Build Kampfer look amazing! I can't figure out what is going on with the head antenna in the first picture. Did the installed one break in package? 

From what I've seen on the manual online, it looks like it comes with 2 antenna. One foldable and one straight. Maybe the one that came attached to it is probably the foldable one(?)

FB_IMG_1708358278113-1.jpg

FB_IMG_1708358272683-1.jpg

On 2/23/2024 at 5:28 PM, no3Ljm said:

From what I've seen on the manual online, it looks like it comes with 2 antenna. One foldable and one straight. Maybe the one that came attached to it is probably the foldable one(?)

FB_IMG_1708358278113-1.jpg

FB_IMG_1708358272683-1.jpg

From the instructions there, it looks like the "box antenna" is the mounting for either of the two included antennas.

On 2/23/2024 at 9:22 PM, General Rasp said:

The Metal Build Kampfer look amazing! I can't figure out what is going on with the head antenna in the first picture. Did the installed one break in package? 

On 2/23/2024 at 11:26 PM, F-ZeroOne said:

I've never owned a Metal Build, but assuming thats the packaging material around it, it could be a shorter "shipping" antenna just to keep the slot filled but without the risk of the long antenna breaking whilst its in the box?

The double antenna option is as per OVA when kampfer is in storage vs operational mode..

On 2/16/2024 at 2:54 AM, no3Ljm said:

item_0000014829_9qPtxLze_18.jpg

I can never not see Optimus Prime playing basketball when I see the Nu Gundam with the Sazabi's cockpit:

d6dbe34385187af52e2a37b2223e2404.gif

I felt like I overpaid for the Metal Build Kampfer at P-Bandai (I did), but now that the money is in the rear-view mirror I'm just excited to get my hands on it next month.

Buyee currently has a 20% discount coupon for the Toys > Anime figures category in Mercari till the 29th (Japan time). Metal build figures (and other figures) are usually under that category, so if you're looking to get Kampfer close to JP retail price, this is your chance (assuming the item is under the said category for the discount). Kampfer is currently priced at around 50k yen in Mercari, so with a 20% discount, it would be around 40k yen. Do note that the coupon can be used multiple times and applies to anything under the said category, so if you're looking for other items, it's your chance to get it at a lower price.

image.png.cb54e3b57858fa680f31a7bc13385b47.png

Edited by pafy6285

5 hours ago, Rhubarbarian said:

I felt like I overpaid for the Metal Build Kampfer at P-Bandai (I did), but now that the money is in the rear-view mirror I'm just excited to get my hands on it next month.

That's how I generally feel with P Bandai, it ends up being more expensive, but it's guaranteed. For most items you can probably import from Mandarake for cheaper, which I'm starting to do with some things that aren't absolutely must have. 

On 2/27/2024 at 1:24 AM, pafy6285 said:

Buyee currently has a 20% discount coupon for the Toys > Anime figures category in Mercari till the 29th (Japan time). Metal build figures (and other figures) are usually under that category, so if you're looking to get Kampfer close to JP retail price, this is your chance (assuming the item is under the said category for the discount). Kampfer is currently priced at around 50k yen in Mercari, so with a 20% discount, it would be around 40k yen. Do note that the coupon can be used multiple times and applies to anything under the said category, so if you're looking for other items, it's your chance to get it at a lower price.

Seems like offer is account dependent

On 2/27/2024 at 2:24 PM, pafy6285 said:

I didn’t get that T.T

10 hours ago, akai21 said:

Seems like offer is account dependent

was it not available when you visited the coupons page? I think the coupons should be available for all regardless of account standing.

Edited by pafy6285

39 minutes ago, pafy6285 said:

was it not available when you visited the coupons page? I think the coupons should be available for all regardless of account standing.

I have checked my coupon page a couple of times and I don't have it either sadly. Most of the ones I have specifically exclude 'Anime figures' which Metal builds and Robot Spirits fall under.