What will Hasegawa do next?

KOG Water Dragon

4 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Ah yes, you're absolutely correct. The 1/72 1J Max/Miriya in both fighter and Gerwalk, and Miriya in battroid, but no Max.

Yeah.

And even more frustrating, the fighters are non super, while the gerwalks and battroid are supers. I just want a display with all 3 modes that's consistent!

Probably I'll wind up getting extra super fighter kits and donate the super parts to the max/miria fighters. Rather than de-super the other kits.

That’s odd news with the YF-19. Max Factory has a VF-19 battroid coming soon as well. Hopefully Hasegawa has learned a few tricks on this kit. Although judging by the above picture, it doesn’t look like it will be as well articulated as the Max Factory kit
The Max Queadluun Rau was expected, but a definite must buy kit for me. Still hoping for standing pilot figures of the happy couple.

1 hour ago, SteveTheFish said:

I was hoping for a Glaug or a Gnerl, but perhaps those will be slated for November/December if they do come out.

1 hour ago, Major Tom said:

Hopefully we'll be getting DYRL Nousjadeul-Ger at some point.

I was hoping for those as well, but I expected they would go the easy route and do a recolor. The YF-19 battroid was a surprise, but I’m more interested in the Max Factory battroids and figure they’ll probably do one eventually. But I definitely had to get the Max Queadluun Rau to go with the previous release. Not sure if the next one will be the standard purple or if we move on to something else. I’m not sure if Max Factory would jump in for the tv version or if that will be a hasegawa thing.

8 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

The 1/72 YF-19 Battroid's details looks good I might say.

has240703.jpg

has240704.jpg

has240705.jpg

has240706.jpg

has240707.jpg

has240708.jpg

has240709.jpg

has240710.jpg

has240711.jpg

The details do look good, but I think the proportions are a bit off. It’ll probably look better in color though.

so now that hasegawa is doing humanoid style mecha from Plus, maybe the next Zentraedi kit will be that power armor from the beginning.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

has240703.jpg

has240704.jpg

has240705.jpg

has240706.jpg

has240707.jpg

has240708.jpg

has240709.jpg

has240710.jpg

has240711.jpg

m7lzLQ2.gif.f46ef0e3e74a92202750005879d11cda.gif

... but I wonder. If I cut that one up and rebuild it in fighter mode, would it look like the Hase YF-19? This one looks a bit... (no fat shaming here) bulkier, or is it just me?

24 minutes ago, Urashiman said:

m7lzLQ2.gif.f46ef0e3e74a92202750005879d11cda.gif

... but I wonder. If I cut that one up and rebuild it in fighter mode, would it look like the Hase YF-19? This one looks a bit... (no fat shaming here) bulkier, or is it just me?

I was thinking that it looks too thin. The fighter is always a bit thinner on the non cg Macross stuff, but hasegawa usually compromises on their battroids to make them appear more realistic. But then the battroids usually end up looking too skinny or very straight legged rather than the more rounded shape that they should be

4 hours ago, Big s said:

All the above plus a few rereleases are up for preorder at the usual spots

I got a notice from Hobby Search that the Regult Scout is available for preorder again, due for release in late July. I was slow and missed that one in the original release, so I’m glad to see it being rerun.

1 hour ago, VF-1A Grunt said:

I got a notice from Hobby Search that the Regult Scout is available for preorder again, due for release in late July. I was slow and missed that one in the original release, so I’m glad to see it being rerun.

That’s definitely one of the rereleases and I highly recommend getting one

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

has240703.jpg

has240704.jpg

has240705.jpg

has240706.jpg

has240707.jpg

has240708.jpg

has240709.jpg

has240710.jpg

has240711.jpg

Yeah... not feeling it, Battroid looks "stiff", there is no flair to it. The front feet are not right, the YF-19 has never had such strong incline towards the shin/ankle area.

The Plamax kits will probably also kill this in the articulation department. I don't know, this all feels a bit too late from Hasegawa.

44 minutes ago, lechuck said:

Yeah... not feeling it, Battroid looks "stiff", there is no flair to it. The front feet are not right, the YF-19 has never had such strong incline towards the shin/ankle area.

The Plamax kits will probably also kill this in the articulation department. I don't know, this all feels a bit too late from Hasegawa.

I feel the same about this. Just as an odd comparison, here’s a pic of the Max Factory VF-19 showing off a bitIMG_2556.jpeg.acbd424384b2815d9a46c2e7ea1ba888.jpegthe hasegawa Yf-19 doesn’t look like it has the ability to do this kind of pose, but may have some hidden joints, but it definitely doesn’t look very good 

Back when I was younger I might've given it tons and tons of crap for not being "anime accurate," but now I've realized that's a frakking pipe dream anyway. As it is, I like it quite a lot. I certainly like it a lot more than I do the DX rendition, and I think so far it holds up under scrutiny a bit better than the HG, which I really liked at first but have found this or that niggling issue with ever since. Turns out dedicated-mode kits is STILL the way to go. The attention to detail is typically high as expected of Hasegawa.

I especially like that it includes different heels depending on your preference. The fighter/battroid heels were always an impossible design feature for each other to implement, so fair on them to just throw in the towel and let you do the choosing.

1 hour ago, TMBounty_Hunter said:

Now....now just announce the VF-19kai valk kit....

It will probably be a while before hasegawa tries that one since Max Factory is putting theirs out. And likewise for Max Factory doing the YF-19, but things may move along faster than expected due to everyone trying to cash in on plus and 7 right now. I’m curious about who’s gonna do a VF -11 battroid kit first between the 1/72 Hasegawa or a 1/72 Max Factory or a 1/100 Bandai and which version it would be

43 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Max Q-Rau is up on HLJ: https://www.hlj.com/1-72-scale-quadran-law-max-movie-version-hsg65886

But not the YF-19 yet.

It’s been up everywhere since last night. All the hasegawa releases posted above including the YF-19 battroid and Max’s Queadluun Rau were up for preorder already, but hlj for some reason still doesn’t have them on the front page. If you go to preorders and click sci fi , then they’re on that first page. HLJ really needs to fix their website 

1 hour ago, electric indigo said:

After the TV Q-Rau plz.

I have a feeling that they will probably do the cannon fodder purple from the movie first, but I hope that they do something a bit different for the zentraedi. Tv Queadluun Rau would be great or the movie version of the Nousjadel Ger would really make me happy. To be honest I’d be happy with the Glaug or Gnerl as well. 

7 hours ago, electric indigo said:

After the TV Q-Rau plz.

I assume I'm not alone in this, but i always loved the VFs best when it comes to Macross.

So while I'm interested in some enemy mecha for diversity, I'll always be most interested in things like 1/72 YF-21 battroid, 1/72 VF-11 battroid, 1/72 VF-1J Max super battroid, 1/72 VF-1D battroid, 1/48 YF-21 fighter, 1/48 VF-11 fighter, 1/48 VF-1D fighter, 1/48 VE-1 fighter, and 1/48 VT-1 fighter. Not much to ask for, right? 😆 

That said, I'm looking forward to a 1/72 Glaug and I really hope they do it. TV Rau would be cool too.