Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

mine arrived so I popped home during lunch to for a quick look (I only live about 10 mins away which is handy!) 

Initial impression!?

Definitely doesn't have the same quality look, feel and finish as the VF-31. And has many more visible joints that don't lock together as well either. I think fighter mode is definitely the Draken's weakest mode. 

I had no tampo damage issues removing the protective film but I did peel them away very slowly and carefully. They did leave some residue which I was able to wipe off with a soft cloth. 

Im going to attempt transforming to gerwalk and battroid and post my thoughts later.

20170321_120823.jpg

20170321_121041.jpg

20170321_122322.jpg

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

I second that curiosity...plus do both guns pop up or do they just flip up side by side individually?

The right arm gun can't be popped up once it's stored in fighter mode. But I guess you can leave them out if you transform them in that way (I haven't tried it).

And I think I know why it feels much lighter than the other valks. There's almost no diecast content. It's practically all plastic (which is not necessarily a bad thing with all the folding panels and hinges which may be prone to scratches). But some hinges may have benefited from being diecast to improve sturdiness.

Edited by ArchieNov

4 hours ago, jenius said:

I really hope I get mine for the weekend so I can get cracking on a review but sometimes it takes hlj several days to clear the pw requests so I have my doubts. 

Look forward to your review! Hopefully you get it this weekend. 

HLJ must have gotten quite a few in, I posted their link last night and figured they'd be sold out in an hour or so... go figure. 

Gerwalk mode looks great spanner, look forward to seeing it with your other Delta VF's! 

Battroid! I like it! definitely has a more fierce look about it than the 31. Locks together quite well and feels sturdy enough. There are two locking tabs at either end of the torso which help keep it all together. The standard issue articulated hands don't hold the gun pod very well and sheesh than gun pod is hella crap! just looks so cheaply made like it was lifted straight from a Transformer toy! hehe! I might cop flack for that one but its true! 

Also I think the head sits a little too far forward.. but overall Draken Battroid works well! Personally I think its a tie between Gerwalk and Battroid with Fighter coming in behind.

20170321_141137.jpg

Edited by spanner

1 hour ago, ArchieNov said:

The right arm gun can't be popped up once it's stored in fighter mode. But I guess you can leave them out if you transform them in that way (I haven't tried it).

And I think I know why it feels much lighter than the other valks. There's almost no diecast content. It's practically all plastic (which is not necessarily a bad thing with all the folding panels and hinges which may be prone to scratches). But some hinges may have benefited from being diecast to improve sturdiness.

Hmm thanks am not sure now either if the guns would be obstructed by the 2 bumps behind the fuselage even if left open whilst transforming back to fighter..

was hoping that the forearm guns could be angled, but it seems like they cant...

11 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Siegfried looks a bit on the short side... :rolleyes:

18 minutes ago, spanner said:

Battroid! I like it! definitely has a more fierce look about it than the 31. Locks together quite well and feels sturdy enough. There are two locking tabs at either end of the torso which help keep it all together. The standard issue articulated hands don't hold the gun pod very well and sheesh than gun pod is hella crap! just looks so cheaply made like it was lifted straight from a Transformer toy! hehe! I might cop flack for that one but its true! 

Also I think the head sits a little too far forward.. but overall Draken Battroid works well! Personally I think its a tie between Gerwalk and Battroid with Fighter coming in behind.

20170321_141137.jpg

Thats what i found nice abt the draken...in fighter mode its compact, but in battroid, it shows its bruiser side!

I generally love gerwalk mode, but in this case i thk battroid has the slight edge over gerwalk...i would consider stowing the big gun on the back tho in battroid...and await the sword!

Edited by seti88

9 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Thats what i found nice abt the draken...in fighter mode its compact, but in battroid, it shows its bruiser side!

I generally love gerwalk mode, but in this case i thk battroid has the slight edge over gerwalk...i would consider stowing the big gun on the back tho in battroid...and await the sword!

yeah I reckon it will look pretty bad ass wielding the sword! The gun pod just does it no favors.. I switched mine back to gerwalk for display but I will alternate them between those top two modes. 

1 minute ago, ArchieNov said:

I caved and ordered a 2nd one. It's just money anyway, right? :rolleyes:

hehe! yep its just money! more will always come around. Will I get a 2nd one? not at this moment. Yeah its a cool thing but (shock of shocks) I think im ok with just the one (for now).

It just didn't give me that wow factor the 31 did. Besides I have plenty of other things I can piss into the wind with $300.

6 minutes ago, spanner said:

That lasted longer than most expected! Now I wonder how soon they'll start popping up on Mandarake!?

hmm, I wonder, there's actually lots of them on amazon.jp right now, so maybe they'll wait it out first?

16 minutes ago, Firefox said:

Just got mine from CD Japan this morning. One thing good about paying full during the pre-order. They shipped right away the moment it released.

yeah, they are really good at shipping on release date,  Even my slow Sal registered was shipped out on release date and left Japan this morning.

And for some extra good news reminder for those that were able to preorder from Cdjapan sometime between November 25 to December 15, 2016 as part of their Holiday Extra Points Offer! ,  ....... 2000 Extra reward points incoming on top of the regular 660 points. , it should already be in your rewards by now.   ^_^ http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/campaign/10000_holiday_points161125