Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

Am already expecting it to be a gappy sloppy mess...so if then doesnt turn out to be so, it would be good.. ;)

but realistically speaking since every bit of the SV262 transforms (cue simple nose cone which turns into a head and eyes), gappy looseness is gonna be expected.

OOh, look, my Arch nemesis!!

scissors moves, scissors moves...

GARRAGAG VAR syndrome GAAGGGARG, more scissors moves....never using gerwalk or battroid...even...once

exactly how I felt when they're having their dogfight or scissors or whatever-i-just-dont-care-anymore. All I saw was these purple and blue lines, criss-crossing in the sky, which is lame and lazy at best, on part of the animators.

Back on topic, cant wait to see how much it retails...props should be given to the mecha designer for the elaborate transformation sequence, at least its new, unlike the 31 which is the derivative of the 25/30 (Kawamori & Tenjin? or just Kawamori since Tenjin normally plays the role as the mechanical illustrator...)

Edited by aaajin

Am already expecting it to be a gappy sloppy mess...so if then doesnt turn out to be so, it would be good.. ;)

but realistically speaking since every bit of the SV262 transforms (cue simple nose cone which turns into a head and eyes), gappy looseness is gonna be expected.

Im also really concerned about potential breakages and tolerance issues, given that the Sv 262 incorporates a lot of small hinges and moving parts, in addition to being a chogokin toy with metal parts no less. I don't think the complexity would translate well to metal and plastic.

Im also really concerned about potential breakages and tolerance issues, given that the Sv 262 incorporates a lot of small hinges and moving parts, in addition to being a chogokin toy with metal parts no less. I don't think the complexity would translate well to metal and plastic.

Even the latest episode shows a gimmick. I cant imagine the nose being tight if these pieces are constantly moved...

post-15116-0-62253200-1465135825_thumb.jpg

Tho what happens next, i thk it would be something else everyone would be talking abt after episode 10...

I do hope there's a "white knight" (silver?) repaint of Keith's. That'd look even cooler IMHO.

The one from the pic (how retro was that printed hard copy?)? That's the king's paint scheme right? I dig that even more than Keith's!

I noticed in a couple episodes when this thing is flying in fighter mode, the gold highlights are hidden and then dramatically appear. What's that about? I couldn't tell if that was supposed to be significant somehow.

As I understood it, they were in camo mode because they didn't want to let people know that they were from Windermere yet

All I can say is that QC on this toy will be crucial. With the number of parts shifting about and the smooth fighter mode, assembly tolerances will have to be extremely small. If the factory just phones it in, this'll be a gappy floppy mess.

Agreed, I'm really waiting for the v2 valks now...

Yes, it looks like there are hinges on the top side of the gold band.

Tho in fighter mode the guns seem to tuck into the bumps behind the cockpit.

So am waiting to see if they can be untucked and popped up in fighter mode. :rolleyes:

Looks like the 262 forarms guns do not need to pop up to fire from behind the cockpit...

post-15116-0-56630300-1465183634_thumb.jpg

And with the ghosts attached, the forward firing circle of the 262 is certainly very large!

post-15116-0-56779200-1465183644_thumb.jpg

I think that feeling is prevalent at the mo. :p

though it would be interesting to find out if anyone would NOT buy the 262 because of what happened. :rolleyes:

valk-heads are gonna be valk-heads regardless right? :rolleyes:

I'm still in for two 262's.

I like the valks but delta is disappointing me so far. I'm bored by the combat and the story doesn't interest me. Hopefully it picks up. I'd rather watch 7 again then this

It is funny to me when people compare this to Macross 7 as if 7 is universally considered a bad show. While it definitely is the black sheep of the franchise, that reputation is mostly put on by a subset of Macross fans. It wasn't perfect and had a lot of issues but it was a highly successful show when it aired, and has some of the best music. I grew to enjoy it after taking time to really find things to like in it.

More importantly, that and the post this is replying to aren't really related to the DX Sv-262 figure and probably should be in the Movies and TV section instead... so... um... yeah head/nosecone lasers are pretty killer, as they can cause a bit of a Messy situation.... (I'm terrible I know).

I think the covers that slid off to reveal the laser was the ear-things in fact.. which could make the emitter the eyes as stated. That is my current theory.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some old pics of the DX Sv-262Hs from Bandai's past exhibition displays. I don't believe these particular shots have been posted here.

The pre-order for this should likely be in a month or two.

post-7036-0-58841900-1471015945_thumb.jpg

post-7036-0-34165800-1471015947_thumb.jpg

post-7036-0-06822200-1471015949_thumb.jpg

post-7036-0-37309100-1471015950_thumb.jpg

post-7036-0-09576500-1471015952_thumb.jpg

post-7036-0-14072400-1471015953_thumb.jpg

post-7036-0-13752800-1471015954_thumb.jpg

post-7036-0-34463700-1471015956_thumb.jpg

post-7036-0-67272900-1471015957_thumb.jpg

post-7036-0-51916000-1471015958_thumb.jpg

Edited by IXTL

Thanks for that, IXTL. I've said it before and I'll say it again, QC will make or break this toy, with all those seams and tampo prints.

Tailfin looks ok from here considering it is slapped together...

That being said, if I do manage to get one, its gonna stay in fighter mode for a bit...looking at all the seams can't imagine it locking together well again after a few transformations...

Edited by seti88