Whats your favorite dirty pleasure Scifi flick?

GobotFool

I'm glad I'm not the only one that appreciates some of these movies that most people seem to think suck! Some favorites in my DVD collection:

Starship Troopers (anyone else heard there is a sequel in the works?)

Alien 3

Predator 2

Resident Evil

Super Nova

Red Planet (don't have the DVD but it's on Sci-Fi every other weekend)

and not a space movie, but

The Big Lebowski

Two words:

Deep Rising

Treat Williams actually doesn't need to show his ass in this one for it to be good!

That movie isn't a guilty pleasure... that movie was awesome! Wasn't it? :huh:

I guess one of my guilty pleasure's would also be The Cat from Outer Space... I like cats... and why have a regular cat when you can have one that's from outer space?

I just realized there was another really bad movie that I just enjoy watching. Watched it today as a matter of fact. Anyone ever see Def-Con 4? You know, that end of the world movie about the satellite armed with nukes that is brought back to Earth and the astronauts are caught by this band of thugs led by this kid? Really cheezy, but I like it! :D

And how could I or any of your out there have forgotten The Toxic Avenger? Very bad, but oh so good to watch!

And although it isn't classified as sci-fi, I also happen to like that incredibly bad movie I Spit On Your Grave.

I kinda enjoyed Last Starfighter too.

LSF is a classic but not in the guilty pleasure kind of sense, oops it is anyway speaking of which, here's my list. ;)

The Black Hole

The Neverending Story

Krull

Starship Troopers

The Dark Crystal

The Westworld sequel (forgot the name)

Invasion UFO (a condensed movie pilot of the live action series "UFO" by Sylvia & Gerry Anderson)

~G25

Edited by gerwalk25

And how could I or any of your out there have forgotten The Toxic Avenger? Very bad, but oh so good to watch!

I love Troma!! I wonder why there hasn't been any VG's based on him. It's not like the license is hard to get ( I bet Lloyd Kaufman would love it!!!) I can imagine the Final Fight style gameplay with the second person playing Sgt. Kabukiman NYPD!!

Hey! wait a dang minute! Since when do the first two Mad Max movies qualify as "bad"? They kick a$$ and take names. Mad Max II has what are STILL some of the greatest stunts and stunt-driving ever to grace the screen, period. But here's what comes to mind for me--in no particular order--when I think "B" movies (actual "sci-fi" status is arguable for some, admittedly):

Killer Klowns from Outer Space

Message From Space

C.H.U.D.

Alligator

The Fantastic Four (Roger Korman)

Captain America (1990-something live action)

Master of The Flying Guillotine

Shaolin vs. Lama (okay, so this and the prev. one are kung-fu, not sci-fi)

Buckaroo Banzai

Cyborg

The Evil Dead trilogy

Fist of the North Star (doesn't everybody love watching people get hit and explode?)

Jack Frost (straight to video, NOT the one with Michael Keaton!)

ah, the list could go on and on...

actually, you can find lots of web pages on B-movies, but this is an exceptionally good review site here: http://www.badmovies.org Lots of reviews and clips. And be sure to check out his Cool Stuff links; the "Random Thoughts" page will have you rolling. This guy is fuggin' hilarious! :D

I watched Starship troopers on FX last night. So, I guess thats one of mine. I dig the Infantry leading and the fights scenes but the rest of the movie is corney.

"I'm a citizen!" - Lame

"Want to know more?" - Really Lame

"Who cares I've been bitten in half." - Cool!

Hey! wait a dang minute! Since when do the first two Mad Max movies qualify as "bad"? They kick a$$ and take names. Mad Max II has what are STILL some of the greatest stunts and stunt-driving ever to grace the screen, period. But here's what comes to mind for me--in no particular order--when I think "B" movies (actual "sci-fi" status is arguable for some, admittedly):

Master of The Flying Guillotine

Shaolin vs. Lama (okay, so this and the prev. one are kung-fu, not sci-fi)

ah, the list could go on and on...

master of the flying guillotine is considered a very good Martial art film. One of Jimmy Wang Yu's best films. The tournament fight sequences are some of the most innovative ones shown on film. Shaolin vs Lama is a good martial arts flick as well. I don't think either would be considered guilty pleasures.

There are so many choices, in terms of bad Sci-Fi movies I like.

The Guyver movies (especially the second one. Great little flick, that).

Waterworld was pretty damn cool. Just not worth the amount of money they paid to make it.

There's a small direct-to-video movie I like called Within The Rock. Standard alien monster fare, but entertaining nonetheless.

Enemy Mine (The original bad muthafugga, Louis Gossett Jr, cover head to toe in prosthetics?! FOR SHAME!!!!!)

That's the top Sci-fi film on my "bore" list. I rememberw hen I first saw it back in 88. I hated it. Now I just use it to help me sleep when I can't sleep.

You guys listed alot of good "bad films" so I won't repeat any:

Universal Solider (I dunno why but I enjoy it's stupidity)

Demolition Man

Masters Of The Universe (Dolph Lungdren (sp?) as He-Man :blink: )

Independence Day (it really does suck but for some reaosn I watch it ever time it plays)

Does C.H.O.M.P.S. count as sci-fi?

I know it's not sci-fi, but one guilty pleasure film of mine is oddly enough, "Xanadu." The story is a dog, the main male lead couldn't even act dead, and Olivia Newton-John is not all that attractive to me, but it does have a couple of things going for it, namely a not-too-bad-for-disco soundtrack by ELO and those uber-cool late '70s/early '80s optical effects.

How come no one mentioned "Space balls"??

That's because Spaceballs isn't a gulity pleasure! It's a damn good movie!

*drops a huge statue on the feet of those who don't like Spaceballs*

I already did. Back on Page 1.

A true classic.

Edited by Anubis

I only liked Space Balls when I was younger. I rented it and thought it would be awesome, but I guess I have different tastes in humor now. :(

I still love the ludicrous speed scene though! Dark Helmet hanging on to that console ... el oh el indeed.

I like ID4. I mean... its about aliens invading... people should have fun with it. I mean... can anyone think of a movie on that subject that is less cheesy?(aside from V, but that's a given... V has its moments.)

The Guyver movies (especially the second one.  Great little flick, that).

Who would have thought the screenwriter of the first X-Men flick and the voice of Solid Snake (David Hayter) played him in the second flick.

David Hayter's Voice Acting Work

~G25

Edited by gerwalk25

I know it's not sci-fi, but one guilty pleasure film of mine is oddly enough, "Xanadu." The story is a dog, the main male lead couldn't even act dead, and Olivia Newton-John is not all that attractive to me, but it does have a couple of things going for it, namely a not-too-bad-for-disco soundtrack by ELO and those uber-cool late '70s/early '80s optical effects.

"It looked like they drank vast amounts of Barium."

~MoRocca

on the subject of "Xanadu"

VH1's I Love The 80's, 1980

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

~G25

Enemy Mine (The original bad muthafugga, Louis Gossett Jr, cover head to toe in prosthetics?! FOR SHAME!!!!!)

That's the top Sci-fi film on my "bore" list. I rememberw hen I first saw it back in 88. I hated it. Now I just use it to help me sleep when I can't sleep.

You guys listed alot of good "bad films" so I won't repeat any:

Universal Solider (I dunno why but I enjoy it's stupidity)

Demolition Man

Masters Of The Universe (Dolph Lungdren (sp?) as He-Man :blink: )

Independence Day (it really does suck but for some reaosn I watch it ever time it plays)

Does C.H.O.M.P.S. count as sci-fi?

Jem has great taste...

And I do to:

post-25-1073124698.jpg

Uuuuhhhhhhh... let's see here...... could beeeee....

MAD MAX?

:ph34r:

Mad Max wasn't bad!! :angry:

For me, I love just about every cheesy sci fi and horror movies. I loved when the Sci Fi channel would show one cheesy B movie after the other. Seriously. Too bad they have their heads stuck up so deeply in their asses that they rarely show them anymore. <_<

Favorites:

-Leviathan

-Pitch Black

-The first Tremors movie

-Virus

-Krull

-Independence Day

-Evolution

Uuuuhhhhhhh... let's see here...... could beeeee....

MAD MAX?

:ph34r:

Mad Max wasn't bad!! :angry:

For me, I love just about every cheesy sci fi and horror movies. I loved when the Sci Fi channel would show one cheesy B movie after the other. Seriously. Too bad they have their heads stuck up so deeply in their asses that they rarely show them anymore. <_<

Favorites:

-Leviathan

-Pitch Black

-The first Tremors movie

-Virus

-Krull

-Independence Day

-Evolution

I agree. Mad Max is probably the best post apocalyptic movie ever made.

Space Balls is probably one of my favorite Mel Brooks movies/Sci-fi spoofs.

Here are some Guilty Pleasure movies I like, and some I loathe.

Last Starfighter: Every young man's non-erotic fantasy. Play video games and become the sole defender of an entire planet.

Krauts in Space (Starship Troopers the Movie): The entire movie reeked of Nazi symbolism and it basicly used the book as Toilet Paper, but it's as funny as it is absurd.

Clockwork Orange: I know it's not SF, but it takes place in the future. See a badass thug whoop ass whist "Singin' in The Rain".

Wing Commander the Movie: Freddy and Shaggy from Scooby Doo as Maverick and Maniac from the Wing Commander games (played by Mark Hammil and Tom "Biff Tannen" Wilson respectivly)? It's like having Cheech and Chong play Hikaru and Roy. But still, it was a fun movie.

Star Wars I: Ben and Qui Gon vs. Darth Maul. Coolness.