Hi-Metal R

joppewo

After this one will get released they will announce the TV VF-1J with Super Packs. Multiples galore. ;)

And soon there will be a lot of loose VF-1J valks only from the GBP set to be put on sale. ;)

Nah, you can barely see the 1J when the armor is attached, no need to swap it out. I know I'll be in the group that happily has both and the bright white original.

gallery_21587_791_640597.jpeg

Nice....and just as accurate as the HMR version! :p

With Bandai's willingness to release a separate TV VF-1J....is it safe now to assume they are going all out on HMR VF-1 variants?

At this point, how easy would it be for them to release a VF-1J TV Mass Production Type and every TV and DYRL VF-1A type ever thought up for both?

Th Bandai HMR lineup will easily surpass Yamato's DYRL line soon and their TV line soon enough.....going 1/100-ish was a stoke of genius for Bandai.....HMR(espect)!

Some of the comments on here lead me to believe that some users think the VF-1J armored was a Hikaru release, but it wasn't. I'll most likely keep the trend and complete the HM-R collection. I hope they do some of the obscure releases in between all of the mainline releases.

Some of the comments on here lead me to believe that some users think the VF-1J armored was a Hikaru release, but it wasn't. I'll most likely keep the trend and complete the HM-R collection. I hope they do some of the obscure releases in between all of the mainline releases.

I know full well what Bandai "meant" it to be but it's still wrong because I don't give two sh**s what Bandai intended. Calling an arm a leg does not make it a leg.

Even if I were to accept that this was the movie version, it's still not accurate to that version. It's wrong twice!

If they're going to do that crap, why not just release Max and Miria in slightly different colors and call them the "DYRL" versions? :p

With that said, I'm eager to have a proper Hikaru 1J because who the hell else pilots that particular color? Not some unknown grunt who didn't even get any screen time, that's for sure.

Edited by Lolicon

I know full well what Bandai "meant" it to be but it's still wrong because I don't give two sh**s what Bandai intended. Calling an arm a leg does not make it a leg.

Even if I were to accept that this was the movie version, it's still not accurate to that version. It's wrong twice!

If they're going to do that crap, why not just release Max and Miria in slightly different colors and call them the "DYRL" versions? :p

M&M for the win

With that said, I'm eager to have a proper Hikaru 1J because who the hell else pilots that particular color? Not some unknown grunt who didn't even get any screen time, that's for sure.

Are you referring to the recently released GBP-1J? If so, it is 100% a DYRL version....Bandai simply messed up the color of the missile tips.....in DYRL it is indeed operated by an unknown pilot as during the same battle Hikaru is actually piloting a VF-1A (Skull Squadron type)...

tumblr_nyu02rvgiu1tbcweeo1_400.gif

macross%2Bmecha.png

....knowing that there are more than enough Macross completists out there, Bandai may still end up releasing the GBP-1J version piloted by Hikaru in the TV series...in fact, Bandai would have us believe the fans actually "voted" for one to be released...

I do agree that the Super VF-1J Max and Millia that they are currently teasing has no basis on anything seen on either the TV series or film....it is basically a scheme Bandai came up with during the marketing of their model kits for these two Macross characters....however, since they apparently have no intentions of actually doing TV-style fast packs for the HMR line, I can live with it...

Are you referring to the recently released GBP-1J? If so, it is 100% a DYRL version....Bandai simply messed up the color of the missile tips.....in DYRL it is indeed operated by an unknown pilot as during the same battle Hikaru is actually piloting a VF-1A (Skull Squadron type)...

tumblr_nyu02rvgiu1tbcweeo1_400.gif

macross%2Bmecha.png

How is that any different than saying it's the TV version and they simply screwed up the pilot?

Either way it's WRONG.

I've seen the movie so there's no need to point out Hikaru's whereabouts during the battle. :p

Edited by Lolicon

https://45.media.tumblr.com/fcf73e9eaf6b286e6736500e425fdb3a/tumblr_nyu02rvgiu1tbcweeo1_400.gif

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-c4QQ8aguWyQ/VOiJiWkUHzI/AAAAAAAAC1o/KuXFq1DRZfY/s1600/macross%2Bmecha.png

Hmm.

Must be some kind of new math these days to state it's "100% DYRL version" and yet has red-tipped missiles...

:5:

Hmm.

Must be some kind of new math these days to state it's "100% DYRL version" and yet has red-tipped missiles...

:5:

LOL....if you're still convinced the recent HMR GBP was not a DYRL version release, then I guess the horse in that gif must be you.....go ahead and drink the water, Mr. Ed....it's safe!

Edited by jvmacross

LOL....if you're still convinced the recent HMR GBP was not a DYRL version release, then I guess the horse in that gif must be you.....go ahead and drink the water, Mr. Ed....it's safe!

I don't really care what Bandai or any fan-made fiction there is to try to justify Bandai's mistake.

I just don't quite agree whenever you say it's "100% DYRL version" when it is really not.

I like the new shoulders filled out. They should add the seat that comes out the head and the rib walls like the Arcadia. Then Re release it with the heat shield working. And again with retractable wheels.

I don't mind bandai milking the mold. Keeps prices down and more valkyries available to us collectors.

If they could release them in between non valkyrie mecha there'd be more variety.

Edited by beatsing

:lol:

:hail:

:bump:

:touche:

Kind of a silly argument. It is definitely the DYRL version and they definitely screwed up the color of the missile tips. You know this is definitely the case because they put a "TV version" on the list fans could vote for. They should make the TV version come with yellow tips so for people who buy both they can switch them and finally have things right.

I don't really care what Bandai or any fan-made fiction there is to try to justify Bandai's mistake.

I just don't quite agree whenever you say it's "100% DYRL version" when it is really not.

That's just it...it was a mistake....not even sure Bandai has ever owed up to it....I'm guessing Japanese fans aren't that critical so they probably won't....the fact that Bandai is releasing a VF-1A with both TV and DYRL parts means they are totally aware of the differences between both versions.....the same can now be said with their upcoming TV VF-1J.....

So, the current HMR GBP is 100% a DYRL release that went into production with the wrong color missile tips.....we forgive you Bandai! :rolleyes:

Keep those HMR's coming!!! :)

Edited by jvmacross

Maybe it's the Battletech version.

Edited by sh9000

Kind of a silly argument. It is definitely the DYRL version and they definitely screwed up the color of the missile tips. You know this is definitely the case because they put a "TV version" on the list fans could vote for. They should make the TV version come with yellow tips so for people who buy both they can switch them and finally have things right.

It would be an awesome gesture to the fans...heck, toss them in with the upcoming TV VF-1J and call it a day!

If I recall correctly, a similar situation happened when Yamato released their Macross Chronicle exclusive 1/48 VF-1A Max TV type....they forgot to include the TV style clown hands.....to "correct" the omission, they included an extra set of TV clown hands with their Macross Chronicle exclusive 1/48 VF-1A Kakizaki TV type....of course, to get the correct hands you'd have to buy the Kakizaki...but still, they actually did something to correct the issue....

You guys can paint the tips of the missiles if you want.

*runs and take cover behind the dumpster*.

Sure...next you'll be telling us these are "Super Real Models".... :p

10324464p.jpg

Wouldn't it be funny if Bandai just rolled with Tenjin's illustration? It's Tenjin's fault!!! :rolleyes:

Whether it's supposed to be the TV or movie version, it's wrong either way.

So I'm glad they're giving us a proper TV Hikaru finally, even if he is rather microscopic. Maybe this time I'll even get one with straight feet so it can actually stand on its own.

Looking forward to the future "TV" Roy release with no head arrows and movie flight suit.

Guest davidwhangchoi

guys please stop. this is clearly Rick Hunters veritech armored so you can't see it clearly. it's prob the reason you guys are arguing. please stop saying its from macross.

It originally appeared in a battletech role playing game. then it made it onto tv. the episode that it first appears is when miss macross is contest is going on and rick hunter is staring at the screen, got it?

the missiles were red. apparently there's a fake robotech movie going around. so Harmony gold decided to block it from coming to the u.s. that Japanese bootleg is trying to confuse us. apparently they recolored the missiles and people's skin. i think it's call clash of the bionoids.

guys please stop. this is clearly Rick Hunters veritech armored so you can't see it clearly. it's prob the reason you guys are arguing. please stop saying its from macross.

It originally appeared in a battletech role playing game. then it made it onto tv. the episode that it first appears is when miss macross is contest is going on and rick hunter is staring at the screen, got it?

the missiles were red. apparently there's a fake robotech movie going around. so Harmony gold decided to block it from coming to the u.s. that Japanese bootleg is trying to confuse us. apparently they recolored the missiles and people's skin. i think it's call clash of the bionoids.

Finally someone is making sense!

Wouldn't it be funny if Bandai just rolled with Tenjin's illustration? It's Tenjin's fault!!! :rolleyes:

Hmm now you mention it, that could really be the case of this confusion.

Edited by Mr Bomber