Hi-Metal R

joppewo

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2023 at 8:27 AM, sh9000 said:

8F487618-A2A5-4287-8A40-3A774041FD18.jpeg.2d66c364aeada636ab2080fd02466cab.jpeg

I still need to make my CF VF-1D.  I might just paint the 1D head and put it on a CF VF-1A body and call it a day.

Very nice. You could do a single seat CF 1D, but given your attention to detail I am sure a true CF 1D is in your future.

On 12/14/2023 at 5:11 PM, jvmacross said:

Anyone have a built Imai 1/144 Nousjdadeul-Ger kit that they could pose next to an HMR VF-1?

I have that kit built and boxed away. It’s very small and probably only stands a little higher than the waist on an hmr from what I remember it would be way too easy for an hmr vf-1 to just punt the Zentraedi pilot that came with it rather than be able to share clothes. 

22 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Very nice. You could do a single seat CF 1D, but given your attention to detail I am sure a true CF 1D is in your future.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

Anticipating that Bandai follows through on the red Q-rau they teased recently?

Yep.  Hope it gets released.

CBA07F1D-E39C-4A19-9D93-8F1861BD9E32.jpeg.cb4f8cfc90cd07e1a78daf4089a2ce23.jpeg

1 hour ago, Big s said:

I have that kit built and boxed away. It’s very small and probably only stands a little higher than the waist on an hmr from what I remember it would be way too easy for an hmr vf-1 to just punt the Zentraedi pilot that came with it rather than be able to share clothes. 

That is small...was hoping the N-Ger would have been at least as tall as an HMR VF-1

9 hours ago, jvmacross said:

That is small...was hoping the N-Ger would have been at least as tall as an HMR VF-1

It’s definitely small from what I remember. The Queadluun Rau kit actually stood a bit taller and much bulkier, but the pilots were about the same height. 

9 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Thanks.

Yep.  Hope it gets released.

CBA07F1D-E39C-4A19-9D93-8F1861BD9E32.jpeg.cb4f8cfc90cd07e1a78daf4089a2ce23.jpeg

After seeing how great the Hasegawa kit looks, this prototype seems really lazy. It looks much closer to the funky Yamato version. If this were how the finished product looked I’d probably just skip it altogether 

15 minutes ago, Raikkonen said:

Where and when was it teased recently?

Recent by Bandai standards....Tamashii Nations 2022 Event...

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2022-11-17/bandai-teases-giant-tv-macross-fortress-toy/.192005

Keep in mind that the Phalanx and Tomahawk were first "teased" during Tamashii Nations 2015....:search:

https://tamashiiweb.com/column/39/?wovn=en

All you can do is wait and hope not to die, go blind, dismembered..or worse...stop caring about collecting Macross before it actually gets released....

14 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Recent by Bandai standards....Tamashii Nations 2022 Event...

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2022-11-17/bandai-teases-giant-tv-macross-fortress-toy/.192005

Keep in mind that the Phalanx and Tomahawk were first "teased" during Tamashii Nations 2015....:search:

https://tamashiiweb.com/column/39/?wovn=en

All you can do is wait and hope not to die, go blind, dismembered..or worse...stop caring about collecting Macross before it actually gets released....

I know all of this this, and this is why I asked as 'recently' is not 13 months ago. 

Bandai is so random... we got VF-1A Max TV and VF-1A Angelbirds in DX before Hi-Metal. How does that make sense??? Then they tease us with these toys that only make sense in Hi-Metal and never deliver! That Q-Rau looks like a finsihed product... it looks like it would be easy to pull the trigger. 

17 hours ago, jenius said:

Bandai is so random... we got VF-1A Max TV and VF-1A Angelbirds in DX before Hi-Metal. How does that make sense??? Then they tease us with these toys that only make sense in Hi-Metal and never deliver! That Q-Rau looks like a finsihed product... it looks like it would be easy to pull the trigger. 

I just hope they make some changes before it comes out. The missile pods are awkwardly upturned kinda like the Yamato mistakes and the front of the leg armor isn’t open high enough at the ankle area and I really hate the hands. The little armor bits around the waist seem like they’re shaped wrong as well. I probably wouldn’t be so nitpicky, but that hasegawa kit looks amazing.

On 12/23/2023 at 11:08 PM, jenius said:

That Q-Rau looks like a finsihed product... it looks like it would be easy to pull the trigger. 

I think it looks quite dated in detail and sharpness. Very much like a early Robot Spirits.

16 hours ago, jvmacross said:

The only thing that is certain is that it will get released before a Tomahawk or Phalanx...:(

large.MacrossHMRBingo.jpg.3703b271d87925

Image says it all... 2015. 

Edited by Raikkonen

On 12/24/2023 at 1:16 PM, Raikkonen said:

I think it looks quite dated in detail and sharpness. Very much like a early Robot Spirits.

I’m just hoping it’s still just an early prototype. There’s definitely something there, but it really needs refinement. I really hate those tiny hands

10 hours ago, Big s said:

I’m just hoping it’s still just an early prototype. There’s definitely something there, but it really needs refinement. I really hate those tiny hands

True, and now they can use the Hasegawa kit as a bench mark.