Hi-Metal R

joppewo

6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I think you just reach a point where you're like "why the heck do I have 3-4-5-6 copies of such and such valk?!"

cos there are 3 modes and every mode looks beautiful to display. 

and if you have white landing gears that's an extra mode for fighter....8P

not counting duck mode in gerwalk but thats an acquired taste...😅

6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I think you just reach a point where you're like "why the heck do I have 3-4-5-6 copies of such and such valk?!"

Wow, really? Is this the "norm" on MW? #highrollers lol. I'm trying to get one of each valk that I like/want, but I do have 2x of a few valks - thanks to some recent reissues.

Edited by ValkAddict

Well with the HMR line you can army build for displays and such.  However there is kinda of a running joke about how you need 7 or more of each copy.

3 to display in each mode.

3 for each mode with super parts.

1 to keep "Mint in Sealed Box".

1 just in case.

and...

1 to keep "Mint in Sealed Box in Sealed Shipper Box".

:good:

31 minutes ago, DewPoint said:

Well with the HMR line you can army build for displays and such.  However there is kinda of a running joke about how you need 7 or more of each copy.

1 just in case.

and...

Sometime ago I was trawling decades old posts on these boards and remember coming across how folks were buying up Yamato 1/48 VF-1s in cases quantity, for the reasons you mentioned haha.. I guess they were relatively cheap then, even accounting for lower average incomes on basis of lower average age of collectors. Sounds like really fun times then..    

28 minutes ago, DewPoint said:

1 just in case.

and...

I love this "1 just in case" 🤣

You reminded me of my friend I previously mentioned with the Low-vis... He's plan was to have 3 displayed in the different modes, and 2-3 mint sealed in boxes as an investment. He never got around to displaying them except for a few, as his place became a toy warehouse of factory cases still sealed. He eventually offloaded everything when Yammy reached it's peak. 

4 minutes ago, MKT said:

Sometime ago I was trawling decades old posts on these boards and remember coming across how folks were buying up Yamato 1/48 VF-1s in cases quantity, for the reasons you mentioned haha.. I guess they were relatively cheap then, even accounting for lower average incomes on basis of lower average age of collectors. Sounds like really fun times then..    

LOL, as I mentioned above about my one friend. 

1 hour ago, DewPoint said:

1 just in case.

and...

not forgetting macross has 4or5 head types per valk, main show valks anyway...

and then there are the armor parts.

and now we have the mechanic editions for DX8P

Edited by seti88

25 minutes ago, Radioguy said:

Don't forget each version of your wallet.

wallet.png.83e3dadec270f8029dbd64e39cc09d48.png

I knew general collectors that live like that with fixed diet of peanut butter and tea bag made to last a week... 

Edited by Raikkonen

15 hours ago, ValkAddict said:

Wow, really? Is this the "norm" on MW? #highrollers lol. I'm trying to get one of each valk that I like/want, but I do have 2x of a few valks - thanks to some recent reissues.

These days it's one, maybe two. Before it was not unusual for me to get 3 or more. :blink: I mean I have at least 3 of Delta squadron, and I didn't even like the show. :lol:

3 hours ago, DewPoint said:

INVASION! :p

They need to re-release the explosion effects.  :cray:

8 minutes ago, DewPoint said:

I was told this was "Army Building."  :sorry:

It is.  I don't buy to resell.  Unfortunately haters will be haters.

There used to be a guy who posted here under the name Lord Kungfu.  He claimed to have a warehouse full of Yamato 1/48s he was accumulating back when they were the new hotness.  He would post pictures of cases of each new release.  I guess that would be one investment that didn’t pay off.  But you have to remember that this was just after the days when a beat-ass yellowed Jetfire would sell for hundreds.  So it probably seemed a sure thing at the time.

Edited by glane21

24 minutes ago, glane21 said:

There used to be a guy who posted here under the name Lord Kungfu.  He claimed to have a warehouse full of Yamato 1/48s he was accumulating back when they were the new hotness.  He would post pictures of cases of each new release.  I guess that would be one investment that didn’t pay off.  But you have to remember that this was just after the days when a beat-ass yellowed Jetfire would sell for hundreds.  So it probably seemed a sure thing at the time.

Got his contact info? :)

On 8/23/2023 at 10:41 PM, sh9000 said:

E7AB6358-4566-490C-98C0-1612F9023DA8.jpeg.4af35046cda7a353f54c09e1acbeaedb.jpeg

57897CFF-03A0-4E1D-902C-FE58ED2C05DB.jpeg.83fed9a6ac091409918340293fdf50b6.jpeg

8EF166E7-495A-4C1D-93E4-C9A1A09BCC54.jpeg.a06bff27ec266baea36bfa7e0085e2f4.jpeg

Flashback to good times.

Love it. I checked and it looks like I have seven CF 1-As now- two with DYRL missiles, two with TV missiles, two in different OWL armors, and one in GBP that I'm eventually going to custom into the black and red one from the big battle in "Love Flows By". 

22 hours ago, vladykins said:

Love it. I checked and it looks like I have seven CF 1-As now- two with DYRL missiles, two with TV missiles, two in different OWL armors, and one in GBP that I'm eventually going to custom into the black and red one from the big battle in "Love Flows By". 

Very nice.  I'm currently at 21 CF VF-1s.

On 8/25/2023 at 4:21 PM, glane21 said:

There were others from what I remember during the 1/48 fever. I use to know one personally. 

On 8/25/2023 at 6:21 AM, glane21 said:

Lol, I remember that! That was a fascinating time as the market shifted from adults seeking bits of their childhood by grabbing vintage toys to toy companies building new toys for adults so they could have the toy they always dreamed of. 

4 hours ago, Radioguy said:

if there's a found horde like those model kits recently, I wouldn't be surprised. I'd be overjoyed. :)

I wonder how many such collections are sitting in storage and even forgotten till found by there kids or grandkids. 

Edited by Raikkonen

1 hour ago, Graham said:

I only have one HMR CF VF-1A that I picked up last week. 😅

I love that it comes with the DYRL green flight suit pilot

The inclusion of the TV and DYRL heads is also nice.  There was a HMR CF VF-1A that sold recently on Mandarake for 10000 JPY which was pretty good.