Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

Remember, this is Bandai making aircraft warning markings. ^_^ I wouldn't expect much past looking pretty at a glance.

They also slapped a "DO NOT TOUCH" on the side of the intake in the middle of a blank panel, "ACCESS PANEL INSIDE" in a few assorted places including some random screw cover panels, the knee joint, below the canards, and on every hardpoint, "DANGER" markings all over the shoulder packs which don't actually seem to indicate anything dangerous (except maybe the jagged edges?), and enough jack stand marking points to support a B-52.

I'd personally also like to know what a "GUN HOLDBACK INDICATOR" is.. especially as it pertains to a directed energy weapon.

If the markings are really wrong, then it should be Tenjin's fault, not Bandai's. The VF-19Advanceproduct page clearly states Tenjin was the one who made all the new markings.

Edit: Oops sorry. Didn't see that others already pointed it out.

Edited by ArchieNov

Yeah, I don't think that's saying much - he's an artist, not an aircraft mechanic (hopefully an aircraft enthusiast). I deal with concept artists all the time that are amazing painters, but nothing makes sense because the creedo is; "...as long as it looks cool!" In fact, most of these markings are jibberish for their main audience who are Japanese, its just some interesting gak that makes it look a little more "complicated". I'm just glad Bandai spent the effort, it really makes the Arcadia offerings so bare and sparse.

I can agree with the Arcadia statement too, it could use 2/3rds more tampo. :D

Not really a fan of stickers really. Arcadia could have supplied some water slides to satisfy most of us I guess.

Edited by Loop

Nice work. You might have overlooked that the chest doesn't lock together very well though? Posing the arms on the bandai was really unpleasant for me as the chest kept coming apart giving me bad yamato flashbacks.

Mine doesnt have any problems locking? The fighter nose and battroid neck piece holds it in so i can pock it up by the upper chest and it still wont disconnect..

Perhaps it's another issue of tight joints? Tight die-cast joints has been one of the valid corner cases that have come up in this thread, and they do seem to keep the plastic tabs from locking well in certain modes.

In my case, specifically, I was having the most difficulty with the hip on one side of my VF-19 Advanced. Because the hip was locked tight to its swing bar, it kept jumping the plastic tab that locked it in place and made it less fun and more annoying to transform from fighter to gerwalk to battroid. Luckily, someone else with a similar issue mentioned that the screws for this piece are accessible. Loosening the screw on that piece --carefully-- alleviated my problem.

Edited by technoblue

Question for you guys. What "technique" do you use to pull the wing out when transforming it back from battroid to fighter?

As you know, when transforming the wings to battroid, you push them wings in, making the swing bar fold up inside the wing itself. However, pulling it back out always scares me because I might put too much force and end up pulling it out too fast and hard, thereby stressing the rivet on the swing bar. This happened to me before and that rivet became loose.

Now that my 2nd and 3rd copies have arrived, I do not want to make the same mistake. So if you have a particular way of pulling the wing back out without any fear of stressing the joint, please let me know.

Thanks!

Hehe yeah. But up until now I don't like watching that vid. He looks like he's manhandling the thing and the music is atrocious!

Anyway, looks like he's pulling the wing out by swinging it outward, using the wing glove as the brace/pivot point. But again, it looks like he manhandles the thing so I dunno if that's the best way to do it.

Well, you must understand that it's a sample. Meaning the person who holds it could care less if he brakes it or not. Besides, look at us when we transform our collections. It takes 1 hour atleast just to get it right and done. ;)

If I were also the staff who does the transforming video, I'll probably do the same. We're on the clock here, people. Move! :lol:

Well Archie, you could try it that way but not man handle it maybe. I don't know about using the glove though for that maneuver, I hate pressing plastic in to plastic because it could cause some wear and tear where the parts meet while doing it.

Thanks guys.

The more I'm working on the Arcadia the more I appreciate the attention to detail in the panel lining on the Bandai. It matches the Hasegawa kit much closer.

A pity the tampo is overkill, but from a distance it looks amazing.

I'm hoping the Arcadia will really pop once the stickering is complete (so many NO STEP stickers...)

Edited by eggy99

You mean the Arcadia ones?

Because the Bandai ones that come with the 171 armored parts already fit on the 19 and 30 just fine.

They may fit just fine, but I personally don't like the way the Bandai missiles look. They might be accurate to the show for the 171, but I'd much rather have the VF-19 loaded with Arcadia's missiles, especially the high maneuver ones, and the more reasonably sized reaction missiles. Edited by Chronocidal

They may fit just fine, but I personally don't like the way the Bandai missiles look. They might be accurate to the show for the 171, but I'd much rather have the VF-19 loaded with Arcadia's missiles, especially the high maneuver ones, and the more reasonably sized reaction missiles.

Yeah, I was just seeking clarification on what missiles were being referred to.

An adapter for the HMM and missile pods seems like it ought to be simple enough to do since the holes to plug into those are identical. The green droptanks(?) and the AMRAAM/AIM type missiles would be trickier since an adapter would likely drop those down a lot further and look silly.