Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

That would be an insta-buy if Arcadia made it. Somebody should tweet that pic to Mr. K.

20 years ago, I had the old Bandai 1/100 VF-19S/F model kit painted in a very similar Focker color scheme.

Graham

No photos to show by any chance? Would have been interesting to see that from sooo long ago!

You killed Macross for him. There was nothing left he could ever want.

Haha! yep it probably did! :lol:

Except for this, only in Roy Colors:

sml_gallery_10028_750_210300.jpg
Wouldn't that be sweet!

Now that would be a repaint I would very instantly buy!

Oh your VF-19Advance finally arrived? Did it meet your expectations? :)

After I trimmed that super tight upper rear tab on the right wing, Yes. I haven't really messed around with the advance packs yet, just a little in battroid mode.

I made a Roy with the Yamato YF-19 long time ago.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Very nice. I really like it, almost exactly like I pictured it.

Edited by Valkyrie Driver

Guest davidwhangchoi

i didn't think the roy colors looked good on the 29 as well as the zolar patrol. don't know why...

Roy is my favorite color scheme as you can tell here:

photo41_zpsd70d5c6b.jpgphoto21_zps3e309021.jpgphoto2_zps7d6377a1.jpg

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

@davidwhangchoi

Wow, 3 low viz Roys... I am in awe... :wub: :wub:

A G1 Devastator set too! :)

thanks saburo!

anyways, i just got in from a long trip and will finally get to open a vf-19, i never touched my arcadia so i'm in that camp that it(arcadia) doesn't feel like a toy to be handled and i'm bit uncomfortable with it. i'm hoping the vf-19 feels like it can be handled and i can transform it without worry.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

i didn't think the roy colors looked good on the 29 as well as the zolar patrol. don't know why...

Roy is my favorite color scheme as you can tell here:

photo41_zpsd70d5c6b.jpgphoto21_zps3e309021.jpgphoto2_zps7d6377a1.jpg

holy crap, didn't know you had that many!!

how many roy do i have?

dyrl, tv x2, low viz, arcadia dyrl....now i feel like i need more!!

OK, so I just tried to put the super parts on, they went on fine in battroid and gerwalk, but on mine in fighter mode I just couldn't get everything to line up properly, I have not had many toys with super parts (VF-1S Roy V2, and the VF-11C are the only two, my SV-51 if you count the wing boosters and MY VF-0 if you count those conformal parts), but these legitimately made me want to scream. The only parts that aren't a pain are the ones that go on top of the shoulders. But they're kind of a pain unto themselves because it's easy to forget about them, and leave them on. Granted that's minor, but still. I didn't even get the YF-19 base parts on because I couldn't get the knee and gerwalk joint to move in unison. I'll keep trying, but damn that's a bit upsetting. I did see the gappiness y'all were talking about with the leg parts, and that's kind of irksome, but I can get over that if I can just get the thing together in fighter mode...

Besides, aside from that one part in Macross plus that we all remember, and the silly boosters in M7, when do we ever really see the 19 with super parts...

I went after it again because it was bugging me, and guess what. It went on. Not smoothly, there was a fair bit of fiddling, but I got it. Leg needed another click at the knee. It's a royal pain in the butt, and never before has a toy made me throw my hands up in the air and give up (after gingerly setting the toy down of course). I got it, now I just need to get those silly boosters on...

edit/

As usual the right side is giving me trouble. The right booster will not lock in place. Which is a bit frustrating.

I just love all the molded in details everywhere especially at all the joints and even the inside of the shell where you can't see it normally, only while you're transforming it. The more I play with it, the more I love all the details at the shoulder round joint, it just makes it all so much more mechanical. I love the details on the inside of the pieces - it just makes the Arcadia seem like the inside of cheap plastic (although it was far from being cheap!), where the Bandai one seems like its the inside of machinery, often there are multiple layers with the tan outer shell with a grey inner molded detail added.

Guest davidwhangchoi

When a fast sale is needed for Roy... You know...Just PM me :D

yep, i will :)

Nice Roys and the MWconvention tee!

thanks wmkjr :)

tumblr_inline_mhdbra1NIu1qz4rgp.jpg

I second that emotion Spanner.

lol, i love roy's vf-1s, i tried to get every variant of his.

anyways, i got 4 vf-19 so it's just as pretty as the vf-1s.

i still haven't had a chance to play with the vf-19 work has been keeping me busy. but it sounds like everything is fun except the fast packs.

i still haven't had a chance to play with the vf-19 work has been keeping me busy. but it sounds like everything is fun except the fast packs.

All the parts that we saw on the YF-19 are tricky, but workable. The boosters are another story, my right booster will not lock in place, instead it will come shooting off the wing like a missile. It's annoying, I can get it sitting close enough that I can take pictures and whatnot, but it won't hold up to handling. Other than that, the toy is solid, and while the transformation is more complex than the Yamato/Arcadia Y/VF-19's, I actually like it better since the toy is packed with detail. If you like to customize your toys by painting detail, the sheer amount of it is impressive. Internal parts, panel lines, all of the machinery that's molded in, it's a step up from what you'd expect. Though Bandai's recent DX Chogokin releases have been vast improvements over their original V1 releases (I only have the V1 VF-25F toy, and it's a sack of hammered crap compared to the Renewal and onward toys).

Have you seen my tip (and others) about there being 3 points of connection on the booster? The obvious ones at the top and bottom of the wing root, and the less obvious is the inner weapons hard point in the wing itself. The wing has to be in the right position to engage it but once you get it, it's very solid.

Have you seen my tip (and others) about there being 3 points of connection on the booster? The obvious ones at the top and bottom of the wing root, and the less obvious is the inner weapons hard point in the wing itself. The wing has to be in the right position to engage it but once you get it, it's very solid.

ill revisit this one. One of the booster is loose on mine as well.

I had not. I'll have to see if I can get an angle to see it so I can connect it and hopefully get my boosters to stay put.

Guest davidwhangchoi

once i open mine vf-19 i'll check it out that post about it. thanks as well!

Finally!

I got the right booster to lock on!

Haha! Well done mate! Now just dont touch the thing or it'll pop right off again! ;)

I was doing a little dedusting and managed to slightly bump mine and it dislodged enough to cause significant pain in getting it back on again! :/

Haha! Well done mate! Now just dont touch the thing or it'll pop right off again! ;)

I was doing a little dedusting and managed to slightly bump mine and it dislodged enough to cause significant pain in getting it back on again! :/

It actually appears to be on pretty solid this time, as it withstood some zooming around...