Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

That looks good eggy! I'd like to see some more pics of it, particularly in the other modes.

I got a bit lazy with this as I had only planned to display in battroid mode.

I started to weather in fighter mode, but as it's a little fiddly in fighter mode trying to weather all the parts was a little tricky, so decided to completely transform and complete the weathering in the mode of would be displayed in.

I think if this was transformed back to fighter mode there would be some clean areas LOL.

I'll have to bring my DSLR with macro lens so I can take some better photos to highlight the details. :)

Still looks great!

For anyone wanting to dress up the cockpit, the Hasegawa 1/72 scale kit instrument decal actually fits OK. Here's an example:

post-10360-0-60757600-1437696854_thumb.jpg

I just made a copy on a laser copier and cut it out. It's temporarily in place but could easily be attached with white glue.

This might be old news or common knowledge, but I just noticed that there's an extra tab to lock the chest down in battroid mode. It's located at the front of the base of the sliding neck. It basically pegs into the back part of the nose, locking those two together.

This may help people who are having an issue with the chest popping up when moving the arms.

I wonder what repaint will come out of this. I feel like I'm being too naive that it would be a new scheme.. and not a retool into a Fire Kai.
Either way, This design won me over, and I'll buy any repaints. I really hope they surprise us with something new and never done before.

I got a bit lazy with this as I had only planned to display in battroid mode.

I started to weather in fighter mode, but as it's a little fiddly in fighter mode trying to weather all the parts was a little tricky, so decided to completely transform and complete the weathering in the mode of would be displayed in.

I think if this was transformed back to fighter mode there would be some clean areas LOL.

I'll have to bring my DSLR with macro lens so I can take some better photos to highlight the details. :)

Oh okay, all good :)

I usually find it best to start with some pseudo gerwalk mode so that most of the parts are exposed, usually all of the parts of fighter mode and some of battroid, and then move to battroid mode to finish it off.

Just curious. What did you use to weather it? To my eyes, it looks like Tamiya weathering master kits (like B and C) were used.

Mr K post this bird in his twitter, looks like he also enjoy his rival's product :)

And sunday is WF, will there be any new Macross from Arcadia?

Saw that too, is he liking it or trashing it? One pic he took was of the front landing gear with extra pivot point.

Saw that too, is he liking it or trashing it? One pic he took was of the front landing gear with extra pivot point.

I didn't see his posts, but I bet he thought it was a neat/novel approach to storing the the landing gear in such a small space.

That was my impression of it when I first found out how the front landing gear was stored.

I didn't see his posts, but I bet he thought it was a neat/novel approach to storing the the landing gear in such a small space.

That was my impression of it when I first found out how the front landing gear was stored.

I'm confused...I thought Kawamori had a hand in designing Bandai's VF-19 advanced?

I'm trying to transform it for the first time and my right wing tab on top is STUCK. I have no clue how to unstick it b/c I can't get a great grip on it and it's TIGHT against the wing. I can barely wedge a fingernail between it and the wing by sliding it along the edge. Any suggestions???

I usually find it best to start with some pseudo gerwalk mode so that most of the parts are exposed, usually all of the parts of fighter mode and some of battroid, and then move to battroid mode to finish it off.

I really should have done it that way, but I just couldn't lock it into get walk the same way as the Arcadia. Ended up all floppy because I couldn't get the wing roots to lock into the body.

Just curious. What did you use to weather it? To my eyes, it looks like Tamiya weathering master kits (like B and C) were used.

I used Gundam real touch markers. I think it was mostly grey for all the light parts. Wiped off easily and left and nice darkened area across the panel lines and edges as well as fill in the panel lines.

The dry brushing on the darker areas was Gundam marker silver then followed up with real touch black marker to tone back the silver.

That stickered Arcadia YF-19 you posted looks amazing. I'm looking forward to completing the application of all the stickers to mine. Panel lining and weathering also very nice and subtle. :)

I really should have done it that way, but I just couldn't lock it into get walk the same way as the Arcadia. Ended up all floppy because I couldn't get the wing roots to lock into the body.

I used Gundam real touch markers. I think it was mostly grey for all the light parts. Wiped off easily and left and nice darkened area across the panel lines and edges as well as fill in the panel lines.

The dry brushing on the darker areas was Gundam marker silver then followed up with real touch black marker to tone back the silver.

That stickered Arcadia YF-19 you posted looks amazing. I'm looking forward to completing the application of all the stickers to mine. Panel lining and weathering also very nice and subtle. :)

Oh neat. I haven't seen these Gundam real touch markers before. I have the paint markers and fine tip pens, but hadn't encountered these. The effects you got on areas like the feet or the highlighting on the edges look a lot like the result of drybrushing with the tamiya kits. Didn't know you could do that with markers. Good job :)

Oh, and thanks on the Arcadia 19!

Oh neat. I haven't seen these Gundam real touch markers before. I have the paint markers and fine tip pens, but hadn't encountered these. The effects you got on areas like the feet or the highlighting on the edges look a lot like the result of drybrushing with the tamiya kits. Didn't know you could do that with markers. Good job :)

The real touch markers are great for dirtying up areas. They are similar ink to the Gundam fine tip panel lining pens, but maybe less opaque and easier to rub off and smudge around. They can simulate that weathered effect that Yamato used on their weathered Valkyrie releases.

The effect on the feet was old school dry brushing, but I used the paint from my silver Gundam marker. Pump some paint out of the marker into a pallete, take out the old stuff brush and off to work. :)

I already had forgotten that arcadia sticker sheet come with this and not look bad at all

yeah that looks nice. the head does look too bare without the arrows.

Just having a glance over at my VF-19 in fighter mode I's say it definitely would be visible.. heck I didn't think of that..

well, it doesn't show in the anime but they were visible on every single YF-19 toy including the arcadia and all the yamatos so i think it's unavoidable. there's really no way to hide the arrows the way they are hidden in the anime in fighter mode.

well, it doesn't show in the anime but they were visible on every single YF-19 toy including the arcadia and all the yamatos so i think it's unavoidable. there's really no way to hide the arrows the way they are hidden in the anime in fighter mode.

Actually, I don't think it would be too hard. Here are the Yamato and Arcadia ones:

15625233421_44ded67730_b.jpg

The Yamato one sticks out a lot, but on the Arcadia version, the end of the arrow only sticks out a tiny bit. If it were made just a tad shorter, it wouldn't stick out at all.