I might be in for this.

From the Collection DX review of the Galvion fig:

"If you like Galvion you've probably already bought this toy. If not you should! When are we going to get another Galvion toy? Probably not for a long time. Overall its a good figure with my main complaints being the paint and weak knees. At 14,800 yen it is a bit expensive but I would say worth it for a Galvion fan."

Makes the upcoming review for the Megahouse Orguss really easy:

"If you like ORGUSS you'll probably get this toy no matter what. If not you should! When are we going to get another ORGUSS toy? Probably not for a long time. Overall its a good figure with my main complaints being the paint and weak knees. At 14,800 yen it is a bit expensive but I would say worth it for an ORGUSS fan."

Edited by DarrinG

:lol: Sorry for the misunderstanding but I meant the figure. I knew the Orguss transformed but I believe thats the the Orguss Valyrie no? Only difference being the head but Id love to pick this up if it transformed

Orguss Valk has different feet too, if I recall.

And why it's never appeared in Super Robot Wars is anyone's guess. :p

• 3 weeks later...

From what I can remember - the show is more light-hearted at the beginning, with a few nude scenes. It got slow and repetitive in the middle - you will see lots of reused animation of Ishkick and Nikick jumping around. IMO better than Southern cross and about equal to Mospeada.

I really wanted to like this new toy of such a venerable 80's mecha; alas, I think the old Imai 1/40 kit looks way better proportioned... that cockpit looks 2 sizes too small, and that's just one of many minor flaws. Ultimately, price will be the determining factor if this piece will be a buy or a skip, but it doesn't look promising.

VF-ZeroS:

The show is better than SDF, in my opinion. Really interesting characters and relationships, plus an intense build-up to a cathartic climax.

SDF might be better in terms of mecha action choreography and realistic designs, but Orguss constantly looks interestingly imaginative.

• 1 month later...

No updates.

They haven't even bother painting the prototype at the latest hobby show they're displaying it:

http://www.taghobby.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/R030.jpg

They're taking their time, ironing out the details . . . ( hopefully )

Thanks guys! Just excited to see new updates. Hope their checking the right proportions too (re: canopy, wing, etc.). ^_^

1/40 is a-ok with me as long they're just releasing only Orguss. But if they decided to expand the line with Olson's, Nikick, Ishkick, and the rest, then, 1/60 or 1/50 would be fine. ;)

• 1 month later...

toysdaily-forum seems surprised by the 37800y pricing:

http://toysdaily.com/discuz/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=230857&extra=page%3D1&page=1

I just wanna say...

Good luck with that damn pricing, MegaHouse.

We here at MWF are already groaning at the pricing of the godly 300mm Arcadia VF-0D.

Does Bandai have the rights to the old Takatoku Orguss moulds?

Edited by treatment