This is because MegaHouse is a part of Bandai / Namco: http://www.megahouse.co.jp/

That I didn't know. Sorry about that. :rolleyes: If so, how come Megahouse charge more for this figure compared to Bandai's DX Valks. I mean, it has the same quality. Should Bandai have say on the final pricing? Or even if Megahouse is under Bandai, they probably paid Bandai's production team for planning and 3D/CAD artists/designers and just distribute it under Megahouse name. Hence, increase the price for involving Bandai's people. Oh well... just saying. ^_^

On a serious note, I'm just happy with the figure but not the price. I really don't want to miss the opportunity on having this at SRP than wait for months after if the price will go up or down. If it's go down or put up on sale, let's just say below $200, I'll buy another one. It it goes up, then I feel lucky to have this at MSRP inspite of some minor flaws. If not, I will just wait if they will still continue the line with Olson, OrgussII, and Nikick.

But hoping they do OrgusII/Olson first. ;)

post-5552-0-08618000-1428520789_thumb.jpg

That's the original price they posted since PO. And that's what I paid for. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

I like what he said on the last part...

"Overall then this is definitely the nicest Orguss toy we have ever had and likely will have for a very long time. Mega House don’t do transforming toys very often but they have done a thoroughly great job here. If you are in any way a fan of Orguss or just classic 80s mecha design, then you owe it to yourself to pick this beauty up." - Cacophanus

Ok, MegaHouse, time to announce when is the next release for Olson and OrgussII? ;)

That I didn't know. Sorry about that. :rolleyes: If so, how come Megahouse charge more for this figure compared to Bandai's DX Valks. I mean, it has the same quality. Should Bandai have say on the final pricing? Or even if Megahouse is under Bandai, they probably paid Bandai's production team for planning and 3D/CAD artists/designers and just distribute it under Megahouse name. Hence, increase the price for involving Bandai's people. Oh well... just saying. ^_^

Niche is why it's more expensive.

Oooo - box in hand.

I want to say this is the nicest box since the Toynami MPCs.

Its not just matt finish, it a modeled paper board with excellent printing.

Feels like the best of old school packaging, and new school boxes - combined.

Wish they didn't have to tape it closed!

Love the magnetic flap.

-- Figure is GREAT size IMO --- not too small at all.

Nervous to open it. As of right now I'm actually happy, don't want that to change . . .

Edited by DarrinG

Niche is why it's more expensive.

True that. :rolleyes:

Oooo - box in hand.

I want to say this is the nicest box since the Toynami MPCs.

Its not just matt finish, it a modeled paper board with excellent printing.

Feels like the best of old school packaging, and new school boxes - combined.

Wish they didn't have to tape it closed!

Love the magnetic flap.

-- Figure is GREAT size IMO --- not too small at all.

Nervous to open it. As of right now I'm actually happy, don't want that to change . . .

Trust me, DarrinG, it's not gonna change. ;) You'll be glad for sure that it's the right thing to do just by buying it. It's just the price... :rolleyes:

Edited by no3ljm

Yep - slight gap on those. Paint mistakes along the front off the thighs. Paint mistakes on the front of the shoulders.

The gun is beautiful. The green on the eyes and gun sight, with clear green over silver foil - is awesome - and they should have done the knees and back bulb that way too.

Just took deep breath and forced the double elbow joint to bend - phew.

Cockpit paint looks OK so far, not as messed up as the other photo we saw . . .

Cool. Same sentiments on the green/silver thingy. But I'm really bothered on that big dome looking thing at the back though. It doesn't have to be that big, right? Hehehe. :D By the way, when you get the chance to play around with it, can you give me your insight on the knee joints. Esp going to Gerwalk mode. I'm having a hard time bending it and somehow make it look equal (position-wise) to the other knee as well. It's a mix feeling of tightness and scared of breaking anything when I hold this toy. Hehehe. :lol:

Took it to GERWALK mode.

Looks great.

Tabs in forearms needed to lock tighter to the underbelly. Already in the habit of holding the arms against the belly to make sure they stay in.

Outer calf armor should have have a small swing bar lock down mechanism. That fact that they compromised on this for tank mode, my least favorite, makes it even more annoying.

Now that I see GERWALK, I'm OK with the painted green back bulb. A huge clear / green plastic dome would have competed with the cockpit too much.

Really like the two-tone brown metallic on the feet. I see it in the middle of the engine intakes too.

My GERWALK legs came out even on each side.

Lots of die-cast IMO. Its hard to KEEP IT FROM standing up.

Just set it down any old way and its stable.

My first try at the stand made me think this figure is too hefty for that spindly stand. Anyone walks in the room and he'll be hobbling too and fro - for a while.

I'll try to take some pics next week.

So far, I'd give this a 8.8 to 9.1 rating all around . . .

Better paint apps, better click-ins to solidify the modes would have helped.

post-8486-0-61635200-1428702644_thumb.jpg

Guys, are hip joints a little loose in robot mode? if you pick up the figure from an A-stance, do the legs stay in that position or do they plop down? Sorry, it's a pet peeve of mine

Yes - very much so. But it does not affect how stable it stands, or anything else I've noticed so far...

Guys, are hip joints a little loose in robot mode? if you pick up the figure from an A-stance, do the legs stay in that position or do they plop down? Sorry, it's a pet peeve of mine

Ok. From what I've noticed, it's a little loose. But not that loose. Imagine some loose DX Renewal crotch joints. Whenever you pick them up, it tends to plop a little until you fix it again when you try to pose him again. Then again, the DX is easy to tighten the joints because of those expose screws. The thigh joints on the Orguss, up to now I don't know how to open them up to tighten it. But will check it again soon. ;)

Took some pics today. Had a heck of a time getting him back into Orgroid after being in Flier.

Still impressed. VERY stable. Floppy hip joints only bother me when I'm trying to change modes.

Standing or posing had zero issues.

Tabs locked solidly down in Flier. Pretty tight to whoosh around.

No landing gear so it has to go on the stand . . .

post-8486-0-17000700-1428952851_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-12336900-1428952858_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-37787000-1428952868_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-41498400-1428952906_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-58794500-1428952921_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-13188100-1428952930_thumb.jpg

I just got mine today as well, and I absolutely love it. My only dislike is really the wing hinges, which I already had to tighten with a screwdriver. That said, they did go back to how it's supposed to be with no over tightening. The transformation is good, with lots of tabs and locks to keep things in place. The engineering is quite impressive for this, and I haven't been this excited about getting an item since the VF-4 came out.

Edit: I should also add that I wish the cockpit was a bit more visible underneath it. It'd be cool to see Kei under the glass in the modes where he's visible.

Edited by Jasonc

Finally attempted to transform it. I did Gerwalk and Flyer, but not the Tank mode yet. That was quite a nerve-racking experience. I'm actually quite worried about the internal mechanisms, since there is a lot of tiny bronze plastic parts. I hear a lot of woe from TF fans who hate that because it's s brittle. In my experience, the Proto Garland by Yamato completely crumbled because its joints were that sort of plastic. I don't know if this is exactly the same material, but I'm very cautious.

Other than that, I have an issue with the left shoulder pauldron, it's on a hinge that seems to have been twisted in a weird way, so it's actually at a strange angle. It's not that noticeable, though. Apart from paint issues on the die-cast parts, it's a fine toy, though. No floppiness at all so far.

It's big, chunky, sturdy and heavy, and yes, I will most likely be getting an Olson if they make one... which they will, judging from all the praise this figure is receiving online (both in English and Japanese). I for one, want more. :)

post-1318-0-75575100-1429363421_thumb.jpg

post-1318-0-27232800-1429363443_thumb.jpg

post-1318-0-44945800-1429363463_thumb.jpg