To each their own, but I prefer both Mac7 and Orguss to the original SDFM series, they're pretty much my favourite anime series. Also, design-wise, the Orguss had those pointy shoulders and hip-wings before they were "hip-ster". :p

Finally attempted to transform it. I did Gerwalk and Flyer, but not the Tank mode yet. That was quite a nerve-racking experience. I'm actually quite worried about the internal mechanisms, since there is a lot of tiny bronze plastic parts. I hear a lot of woe from TF fans who hate that because it's s brittle. In my experience, the Proto Garland by Yamato completely crumbled because its joints were that sort of plastic. I don't know if this is exactly the same material, but I'm very cautious.

Other than that, I have an issue with the left shoulder pauldron, it's on a hinge that seems to have been twisted in a weird way, so it's actually at a strange angle. It's not that noticeable, though. Apart from paint issues on the die-cast parts, it's a fine toy, though. No floppiness at all so far.

It's big, chunky, sturdy and heavy, and yes, I will most likely be getting an Olson if they make one... which they will, judging from all the praise this figure is receiving online (both in English and Japanese). I for one, want more. :)

Great pics Renato. I might say that once you get the hang of transforming it back and forth, you're going to feel like you're transforming a VF-4G or the Mospeada Beagle figure. And I only found out this weekend that once you used those 'anime-accurate' added parts, it really helps a lot. I find that Gerwalk and Orgroid is the best mode for this figure. Wish I really have lots of money so I can buy another one. But for now, I really wanted to see an Orguss 2 or Olson variants. I guess, it's a possibility since most stores are already sold out. Nippon-Yasan already increased the price to Y36000 something. And some scalpers are already increasing the prices via auction. Here's to hoping. :rolleyes:

Are there any good online reviews of this yet?

I searched but didn't see any . . .

Yeah, even those famous japanese toy bloggers such as Hachakka and Schizo hasn't put any. Guess it's not their cup of tea, eh. ^_^

FLIER MODE

P1140621_zpsnesnvhna.jpg

th_P1140613_zpskrygpcdd.jpg th_P1140620_zpsomf7y1n5.jpg th_P1140619_zpswf3bqozl.jpg th_P1140618_zps69qphjar.jpg th_P1140617_zpsx6a9tv6i.jpg th_P1140616_zpshuu9gdsf.jpg

th_P1140615_zpsmhq32wrj.jpg th_P1140629_zpsqgdb8h0i.jpg th_P1140628_zpsjxoe9yrt.jpg th_P1140625_zpsutfz14ro.jpg

GERWALK MODE

P1140588_zpsqgqyvkiy.jpg

th_P1140594_zpszfm8ndi0.jpg th_P1140593_zpsp1fbv80x.jpg th_P1140592_zps56f59frw.jpg th_P1140591_zpszb5sflsl.jpg th_P1140589_zps8xigfm4y.jpg th_P1140590_zpsdp3mv5bb.jpg

Note: According to the manual and early display pictures, the thigh joint should be pulled out more for Gerwalk mode. But to me, I prefer to push it back in a little to make more anime-accurate and somehow lock the legs in place.

TANK MODE

P1140532_zpstaj5ebqk.jpg

th_P1140534_zps7qxv42vs.jpg th_P1140531_zpsln9igfyi.jpg th_P1140529_zpsrnvqb4jb.jpg th_P1140527_zpsnsps6nn8.jpg th_P1140525_zps1nyp218c.jpg th_P1140524_zpsjfqtybp6.jpg

Note: I didn’t flip the hand for the Tank mode. It’s kinda look more ‘tank-ish’ this way for me without showing the hands.

Thanks abbadon. Glad you liked it. Will try to take some new shots and hopefully some action shots as well. Are you also planning on buying one? Last time I checked only NY has a copy for Y36000. I want to have an extra one since I want to display Gerwalk and Orgroid mode at the same time. But with that price, I better save it for future purchases. Or better save it if ever they're going to release an Olson or Orguss II variants. ^_^

SOOO glad I bought this. It sits nicely with all of the Takatoku 1/60 Gerwalk variants! Plays nicely with most Bandai and Yamato Macross stuff too. Looking forward to Olson and Orguss II, and hopfully NICKICKS!! This was a slam dunk for Megahouse and I was truly shocked when I handled this toy for the first time. Expensive, but worth the price of admission. One can only hope they do something similar with their Mospeada license (if they still have that?) We still have yet to see a decent modern Armo Fighter/Diver/Soldier IMO.

SOOO glad I bought this. It sits nicely with all of the Takatoku 1/60 Gerwalk variants! Plays nicely with most Bandai and Yamato Macross stuff too. Looking forward to Olson and Orguss II, and hopfully NICKICKS!! This was a slam dunk for Megahouse and I was truly shocked when I handled this toy for the first time. Expensive, but worth the price of admission. One can only hope they do something similar with their Mospeada license (if they still have that?) We still have yet to see a decent modern Armo Fighter/Diver/Soldier IMO.

I didn't even think of a Megahouse Legioss - would be a great addition to this line. My wallet hopes they DON'T to it...

• 4 weeks later...

Perusing HLJ I noticed this was available for order again at the discounted price so I snagged it. Must have been their very last one - a canceled order or something because after they processed my order, the listing went to discontinued status.

My gut says we'll see the Olson special to milk the mold, and then the two M. Lovers - and that's it.

Can't see them going all the way to Nickick and beyond. Well, maybe Nickick too.

Hope they do a 1/48th Legioss next, with this kind of quality.

The BOX! You're going to love the box . . .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

YES and Double YES! :wub:

It was just posted today at TagHobby so I assumed it will be shown on the Bandai show this coming weekend. I assumed it will be released mid next year. Though I'm kinda worried how small the head is compared to Orguss. ;)

Hopefully by 2017, Orguss II will be released. I guess, Megahouse is happy over the Orguss release early this year.

Edited by no3ljm