Bandai DX YF-29 Ozma Lee Coloring

Kanedas Bike

Has anyone ever come up with something to put on the super parts shield? It's PURE grey. Every other YF-29 has some markings there. And really, considering that the overall marking pattern of Ozma's matches Alto's (all the black markings Ozma has, Alto has), and Alto's super-parts-shield has black markings---Ozma's should too. But it's totally blank.

Would love a decal or something, but can't produce my own. Anyone here able to make vinyl cut-out masks etc to paint on the "missing" markings? Just copy Alto's pattern, or make up a new one for Ozma?

Note that Alto's and the 30thAnn have the same markings on the shield:

YF-29-30th-Super-Parts-2.jpg

Considering that Ozma's is basically a clone of Alto's, markings-wise, his should certainly have them as well.

i actually try it but it very hard to centre both sides the same.... here my template if you want to try , i did print it for a water slide decal.....

but i actually decide just to paint in the yellow and black lines instead , also on the wings as well :) ....

10168090_652909991504593_696019354263912

10993461_652909598171299_271537563359462

• 4 weeks later...

Was going through screen-caps I've found on the net, and this one shows the super-parts shield pretty well. There's clearly markings there, and similar to Alto's, but not exactly alike. Do these shield-markings match any other -29's?

gallery_16_647_49804.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

someone, grab my last ozma 29, i've been selling all my 29's, running out of room getting into gundams :p

hmm, personally i'd advise against that in terms of collecting because gundam merch will always be widely available. The only real thing that I can think off the top of my head that shot up in value is the 00 Metal build that goes for 300+ and destiny (that a lot of people just started scalping instead of keeping). Gundams are awesome don't get me wrong but I'd personally hold dear my Valks first :D

Edited by ULessa

I don't think a lot of us are that worried about the value, we just love planes that turn into robots. ^_^ Bandai's supply shenanigans just tend to drive the values of many of them up in bizarre ways.

Buying something just because it might go up in value makes ZERO sense to me. I'm not selling any of my stuff, I bought it because I like it, not because I think it's an investment. It's not like any of these toys are going to net me a Beach House in Hawaii or something.

I guess a better wording for what I'm trying to say is that its better (for me at least) to get macross stuff and keep it as its initial stock runs out fast and getting it after release always results in a secondary market mark up. Gundam stuff on the other hand is pretty easy to get it at MSRP for the most part.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i can see what both of you are saying. Macross items will be harder to find down the road if i ever decide to want to but it again. on the other hand, building rg gundams is pretty fun so and there's only so much room in my place. i'm just selling close to cost, (actually taking a loss selling as a bundle) i'm definitely keeping my yamato macross stuff but just not into frontiers as much a yamatos (though i still prob get one or two more bandai pre orders).

i'm mean check this guy, out he's really awesome :p :

IMG_1941_zpsawqjetle.jpg

rg gundams are nice!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Supply and demand, folks.... But yeah, I agree that it's unfortunate that this hobby is so dictated by secondary market prices for a majority of the stuff to the point where if you don't get a popular item within 1-2 months of release (if not sooner), you'll be looking at a substantial price hike. But you can't really blame people for taking advantage of the situation... It happens with any market of popular items.

That said, f@#% scalpers!!! :lol:

Guest davidwhangchoi

Supply and demand, folks.... But yeah, I agree that it's unfortunate that this hobby is so dictated by secondary market prices for a majority of the stuff to the point where if you don't get a popular item within 1-2 months of release (if not sooner), you'll be looking at a substantial price hike. But you can't really blame people for taking advantage of the situation... It happens with any market of popular items.

That said, f@#% scalpers!!! :lol:

at the same time, i think it's also ridiculous for people to ask for things below market value expecting a deal. i mean: would you expect someone to sell you a vt-1 for 150 just because it was that price at one time? that's just unrealistic. i don't blame scalpers as much as i blame bandai limiting the pre-orders suppy to 5 sec windows. so it's screw bandai :lol:

at the same time, i think it's also ridiculous for people to ask for things below market value expecting a deal. i mean: would you expect someone to sell you a vt-1 for 150 just because it was that price at one time? that's just unrealistic. i don't blame scalpers as much as i blame bandai limiting the pre-orders suppy to 5 sec windows. so it's screw bandai :lol:

QFT!

If Bandai (and Yamato/Arcadia) made enough to fill demand, there wouldn't be room for scalpers to make profit. But the funny thing is scalpers partly create the lack of supply (or certainly doesn't help it) by doing what they do. Luckily, we have this great community with people like you that largely levels the situation somewhat by bringing the items back to the fans.

Yeah, but what/who defines the actual "market value" other than the manufacturers?

As we've seen with Ami's preorder-madness, most scalpers that got the items from Ami got it at a very generous pre-o discounts from the actual msrp. Most of the scalpers will then flip these items at significant price-jacking.

No one really buys at msrp unless it's specifically a TWE item.

As such, I still say screw Bandai. Ain't playin' their artificially/deliberately-induced supply-limitation.

Just go without, I say!

:D

Edited by treatment

Guest davidwhangchoi

Yeah, but what/who defines the actual "market value" other than the manufacturers?

As we've seen with Ami's preorder-madness, most scalpers that got the items from Ami got it at a very generous pre-o discounts from the actual msrp. Most of the scalpers will then flip these items at significant price-jacking.

No one really buys at msrp unless it's specifically a TWE item.

As such, I still say screw Bandai. Ain't playin' their artificially/deliberately-induced supply-limitation.

Just go without, I say!

:D

definitely scalpers have a hand in the food chain but it's ultimately bandai creating the circumstances.

look at nintendo doing it with the amiibos. people are going nuts over gold mario, it gives scalpers attention but ultimately its Nintendo that's creating the enviroment.

the bottomline is we want this stuff so the manufactures can use that knowledge to make more and make it avail for all of us to have or drive us into a frenzy making limited editions/limited print of the items, which brings the scalpers in.

there's no scalpers for the luca 171. :D:D

yeah screw bandai. and i don't like scalpers but they're not to blame as bandai.

Macross will always be my #1 priority as far as toy collecting goes, but I cannot let the metal builds slip through my hands either. I really love the way they are built and they have so much pose ability. I cannot forget to mention the amount of die-cast content these have too.

I almost bought 2 of these but I have settled on a "1x YF-29 of each color scheme rule".

Guest davidwhangchoi

Yes they are. The only easy ones to get at this point are Exia Repair, Freedom, and Laevatein.

you got some nice ones in your display cab

Are metal builds hard to get? Is there a decent selection? I'm thinking of trying one out.

i would recommend that you look for a exia repair 3 ( different from the exia repair , which is the one with the battle damage and cape) , still can be found at reasonable price ..... it a great figure very posable with lot of parts to swap around ...and a good intro to the metal build series ....

Edited by lancalot

Guest davidwhangchoi

ozma i thought was the first to go since he's hard to find but he's the last one up. had a few almosts. someone grab him at (215. if you buy him with the supers or 1/48) i want a few more gundams. lol

update: alright! someone is grabbing him :)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Ozma sold out in about 10mins of Anubis post and it was going for 15,300 Yen which is a really good price.

Perhaps HLJ been doing some inventory check lately and found extra pieces at their warehouse which may have been stock kept to replace any faulty ones sold.