Bandai 2014 release wishlist

YF-29 Durandal

I think that the forum has been a bit ''dead'' lately especially on weekends, anyways... this thread is for discussing what you want and/or what you hope that Bandai will release during 2014.

Let me go first with saying that I'm pretty sure that Bandai will release the VF-25S Ozma Lee renewal of the V2 toy and the release of the YF-30 Chronos is pretty obvious and of course the release of the RVF-171EX and the non-EX toys (the cannonfodder variant) and hopefully Bandai will also release the VF-25G Tornado version sometime down the line but lets discuss whats not so obvious.

The YF-25 Prophecy http://macross.anime.net/wiki/YF-25_Prophecy and perhaps if we are ever so lucky the YF-24 Evolution http://macross.anime.net/wiki/YF-24_Evolution and if Bandai have time before the year runs out then maybe they will release different color variants of the YF-30 seen in the YF-30 thread on this forum and personally what I want bandai to release is the Queadluun-Rhea http://macross.anime.net/wiki/Queadluun-Rhea seen piloted by Klan Klang in Macross Frontier.

So what would you like to see released by Bandai in 2014?

YF-25 Prophecy

20090918.jpg

YF-25 Prophecy with a different color scheme which I think looks better than the first one.

3859683268_af91b69df9_o.jpg

YF-24 Evolution

yfvxv3.jpgyfvx9.jpg

yfvx1ab.jpgyfvx9f.jpg

yfvx9e.jpgyfvx9ab.jpg

Queadluun-Rhea

queadluun-rhea-red.jpg

queadluun-rhea-redrear.jpg

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

In addition to Ozma's VF-25S:

1. A rerelease of their VB-6 Monster(s).
  2. A continuation of their line of EXGears (Michael, Ozma, and even Luca) and/or...
  3. A line of 1/12, articulated, character figures; I would prefer Figmas, but Bandai does excellent pieces too.
  4. Edit: Good one David, I could go for a VF-27 in green as well, Grace's or a CF.

post-664-0-59831600-1387016040.gif

Edited by mechaninac

1. I'd like to see a Renewal VB-6 with landing gear!!!

2. A bundle for the Armored VF-25F (I would prefer a stand alone Armor Parts set but that wont happen).

3. A stand alone VF-25G Tornado Parts set.

4. A bundle set for the VF-171EX Alto Custom with Armor Parts

5. The YF-24 Evolution (I have too many VF-15 variants already so no need for the Prophecy and I know I would be tempted by a release :D)

As far as unlikely releases go:

1. A Macross Quarter Renewal

2. Battle Galaxy/Frontier DX toys

Edited by Scyla

1 - YF-25 Prophecy.. Could be cool.

2 - VF-27 Lucifer in Green

3 - VF-25F Tornado Parts. I'm not a massive fan of the Tornadoes, but its an important set for the series, so I want it.

4 - VF-25S Reissue and one for the Armor as well.

And more loosely, I could be OK with getting alternate schemes for the 29 and 30. 29 im slightly more wary of, since I'll have 3 already. The 30 i want to see what its like in hand before making further decisions on other schemes.

I think he's just speculating considering it's the only one from MF that has still not seen a release yet..

Eitherway, a recolour YF-30 would be nice and a reissue of the G and S though those two I will only buy if I really have the cash.

Is the Prophecy Valk a prototype of the 25, kinda like the VF-X was the prototype of the VF-1? It kinda makes sense with the name and word association considering the prophecy comes before the Messiah.

Disregard, it is the prototype. I found it on the Compendium. Looks awesome.

I'm predicting that the VF-25G could be the most collectable of the Renewal Vallks because it may be the one that is never re-issued. Considering so many didn't sell through and are now at high prices, Bandai may never push through with a reissue of the 25G following the reissue of the 25S.

I certainly hope they do reissue the 25G though, it is my favorite Valk of all time. You can't go wrong with a Blue and White Sniper sending death from long range.

Edited by sreichma

I don't think you will see another CF version of the 171 again.

If anything it might have been the death of that mold seeing another release.

Even if they did, pre-orders would be low many like myself would wait till reviews

Before plopping down the cash for another self destruct valk.

To be honest, I'm betting we see a VF-1 DX next year, with Arcadia ramping up VF-1

Toys, Bandai can step in and say "look we have that too, but ours has proper transforming gimmick, a gun strap and multiple hand choices!"

Imagine a DX VF-1 with the QC of the VF-25A.

A dream!

I completely agree. DX VF-1 would be amazing. I would be concerned though that they would test demand again like they did with the 25 renewal first run and we would see the pre order madness again. That being said, I think a DX could be the purest and best expression of a VF-1 if they do it.

yf-24 would be cool...i mean just lookt at it. the yf-25 is similar enough to the vf-25 that its a little meh even if they color scheme is cool.

vf-27 Cf/grace in teh new current mold would be great.

tornado parts for michael and alto (although i'd probably just get michael's)

RVF-171 EX for sure i'd want

a dx chogokin VF-1? no i don't need rebuy a whole other line of vf-1s after having mostly completed yamarto and arcadias offerings that i'd like. this can wait like 3 - 5 years and i'm ok if it doesn't happen. i prefer yaamto's style and feel to the dx chogokins from bandai. if it came to be, i'd probably buy 1 just to see how it is though.

• 2 weeks later...

The YF-30 is really at the top of my list, I love the look of it in all modes, and I think it may actually have my favorite Battroid of all the Frontier-era designs. I've little doubt that we'll see it in at least two more color schemes in addition to the upcoming 'main' one.

I would absolutely love it if we got DX Chogokins of the YF-24 and YF-25. I'd also love it if we got some not-exclusively-Frontier-era stuff. VF-1J, VF-11B, YF-19, SV-51, VF-0S, Queadluun-Rhea, Reguld, maybe even a VF-4 or a VF-2SS!

Aside from that I'd really like a re-release of the VF-25S and a YF-27 Grace ver. Renewal.

1/55 Hi-Metal VE-1 Elintseeker

1/55 Hi-Metal VT-1 Super Ostrich

1/55 Hi-Metal VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (Hikaru and a new Roy)

DYRL 30th Anniversary re-releases!!!

I second this. These are the only Macross toys I am interested in buying. Everything else coming out from Bandai and Yamato is overpriced price gouging junk.

Super Ostrich is what I am mainly interested in but the Elintseeker is awesome and the strike is alright. It's too bad the housing market crash impacted this hobby so much. I was looking forward to these releases. The newer series models, not so much. At least, if the prices were reasonable on all that plastic they put out I might have been a little more interested in the newer stuff.

Also they were suppose to release a VF-1D 1/55 for Toynami. That never saw the light of day. That would blow away the 1/60 Yamato variant (I'm a Bandai fan, not so much on Yamato fragile toys but I do own most of the Yamato 1/60s. 1/55 is pure nostalgia and much much more durable for transforming).

Edited by amptor

Also they were suppose to release a VF-1D 1/55 for Toynami. That never saw the light of day. That would blow away the 1/60 Yamato variant (I'm a Bandai fan, not so much on Yamato fragile toys but I do own most of the Yamato 1/60s. 1/55 is pure nostalgia and much much more durable for transforming).

500pxHA_HA_HA_OH_WOW-1.jpg

That's not held at the end of the year usually? Or there are more than one?

I believe it's bi-annual but can't swear to it. I feel like last year it was two months after Winter Wonderfest that some Bandai news broke. Even then, it wasn't everything... more news just popped out as advertisements on the Tamashii site. There was nothing, as I recall, revealed at Winter Wonderfest.

Wow that nice ...well hopefully they fix the shoulder problem and release that colour !

Yeah Bandai needs to improve a bit on the quality but they have got the look down just right, afaik.

Edited by YF-29 Durandal