Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

On 12/4/2023 at 2:22 PM, vladykins said:

I got my HMR Max and Kakis, but more importantly,: I already knew about the Tsukuda Macross and Mospeada board games from the 80s (I own all four Macross and the Mospeada game) but did not know Takara made similar games for Dougram but with metal figures. Once I found out, I needed them:

May be an image of text that says 'BATTLE OF STANREY 3D SIMULATION GAME DOUGRAM No.1 Hang Jang Sun EPPON SUNRISE WC スタンー高 3D シミュレーションゲーム ダグラム TAKARA'

May be an image of light switch

May be an image of toy

I've been wondering about those as I never seen much on Ebay. I came across a tiny pewter Minmay Bust that I was thinking was part of a game but never could figure it out. Maybe it was a game piece? I never bought it as seller wanted $75 for it.

On 12/6/2023 at 10:21 PM, Spark-O-Matic said:

I've been wondering about those as I never seen much on Ebay. I came across a tiny pewter Minmay Bust that I was thinking was part of a game but never could figure it out. Maybe it was a game piece? I never bought it as seller wanted $75 for it.

The Tsukuda Macross games didn't have pewter figures (just cardstock counters like Avalon Hill games). Though Space Fold did also include a dating game in addition to its combat game. :)

Is this the piece you were referring to?

https://mantisgamingstudios.myshopify.com/products/robotech-minmei-chinese-dress-pewter-figure-harmony-gold

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Just have alerts set up on Mandarake.

I have tried. But I noticed that too much of the good stuff goes up very early in the morning at the time I'm at very deep sleep.

If I'm lucky some stuff goes up around 10 pm - 12 am (Mexico center time). Past that I'm out for sleep. By the time I wake up every thing is gone. Lol.

On 12/8/2023 at 11:16 AM, vladykins said:

The Tsukuda Macross games didn't have pewter figures (just cardstock counters like Avalon Hill games). Though Space Fold did also include a dating game in addition to its combat game. :)

Is this the piece you were referring to?

https://mantisgamingstudios.myshopify.com/products/robotech-minmei-chinese-dress-pewter-figure-harmony-gold

Sorry, I missed the post earlier. that's a cool figure:) but its way different then I thought, I had to look it up again.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

11 hours ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

Sorry, I missed the post earlier. that's a cool figure:) but its way different then I thought, I had to look it up again.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Yes, that is a Horizon pewter figure like the one I posted- there are other collectible figures for Robotech and they did all sorts of other series too Like Ultraman and Speed Racer.

22 hours ago, sh9000 said:

86643D0A-99F2-4F87-9A70-54DCBA7CF3C0.jpeg.db9887787a78dece645e50cf60a59b42.jpeg

Star Wars MGS.

Those stupid A-Wings piss me off to no end.  Kind of unbelievable they just said "Nah, just repaint the TLJ version, no one will notice."

Glad I've still got the original Action Fleet version... and the Bandai ones, which are pretty much all the same size anyhow. :lol: 

Edited by Chronocidal

1 hour ago, borgified said:

You mean a recycled version of Iron Man with those Bat like wings and the head of Cumberbatch @Slave IV? Or is it another interpretation of SOC Mazinkeiser SKL? 

Disney loves to recycle some of the same ideas across many of their shows. 

I hate it when they do that 

I think this is my favorite valk so far.  This acquisition continues my goal of collecting at least one of every valk number as well as every recon model.  I'd really love to get a 171, but I've yet to see one that isn't really expensive for a very yellowed toy.  But I love the 25+ style, the recon disc and tail, and it happens to be my favorite color.  I've loved this color ever since I was a small child when, for the first time ever, I finally got my hands on the BIG box of Crayola crayons and saw "Sea Green."  My parents were too cheap and would never let me get the big box with the sharpener, which was the biggest draw for me.  

Also, I love Mandarake!  This was listed for 24kY but I only $220 WITH shipping.  I do not see ANY of the claimed "package damage."  At. All.

IMG_20231220_195337245_HDR.jpg.b358ddc3f6b75fea6eb2ec1193dbd7b7.jpgIMG_20231220_195918365.jpg.2844e9c4558808bee800c578b1551101.jpg

Thanks to another great transaction with @sh9000 got this lil VF-4G in the proper colors.  It made zero sense to me that Hikaru would abandon his Sempai's colors, but maybe they're reserved for special opps, not exploratory colonizing missions.  

Also, I can't recommend Steven Universe enough (the figures below).  What an awesome show!

IMG_20231221_190328239.jpg.8c3f2c670f75d2094e803a45e9b90092.jpg