Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm still in the process of filing a claim with USPS and Nippon-Yasan for my lost Figuarts Iron Man Mark VI Registered Mail package so I decided to nab one with Hall of Armor via eBay the cheapest one I could find. 

x1anDjY.jpg

Buying another figure without the Hall of Armor from Mandarake probably will cost the same if I used EMS as getting one with the Hall of Armor stateside. I was charged Y8260 with using Registered Mail. Why use EMS for small package if you want to save a little? Because atleast with EMS, I could probably claim 100% of the total price afterwards whereas from the Registered Mail option, I could only claim Y6000. That's what it states on the Japan Post. And that will depends if Nippon-Yasan will play nice with me during this claim because according to USPS International representative, they should be the one who needs to file the claim for you since they're the ones who bought the shipping for you.

So from now just to be safe, I'm using EMS. Though I'm not sure if I really need the Hall of Armor. Oh well.

Nice haul, no3Ljm! Hall of Armor is a definite must have, if you ask me.

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm still in the process of filing a claim with USPS and Nippon-Yasan for my lost Figuarts Iron Man Mark VI Registered Mail package so I decided to nab one with Hall of Armor via eBay the cheapest one I could find. 

x1anDjY.jpg

Buying another figure without the Hall of Armor from Mandarake probably will cost the same if I used EMS as getting one with the Hall of Armor stateside. I was charged Y8260 with using Registered Mail. Why use EMS for small package if you want to save a little? Because atleast with EMS, I could probably claim 100% of the total price afterwards whereas from the Registered Mail option, I could only claim Y6000. That's what it states on the Japan Post. And that will depends if Nippon-Yasan will play nice with me during this claim because according to USPS International representative, they should be the one who needs to file the claim for you since they're the ones who bought the shipping for you.

So from now just to be safe, I'm using EMS. Though I'm not sure if I really need the Hall of Armor. Oh well.

Nice!! Im getting the 7 armors but decided to skip the HoA since i didnt have any space for it. Did you PO mk 2 & 5?

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Yeah I never ship anything valuable like a valkyrie with anything less than EMS or other insured express method. USPS sucks nuts and it's a matter of when, not if, they will lose a package. 

Also, you need at least seven hall of armors for the first seven suits. :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, connor99 said:

Nice haul, no3Ljm! Hall of Armor is a definite must have, if you ask me.

Thanks connor99! True. But it really does take a space to do it. And also this Hall of Armor is really pricey. So I'm thinking more of a DIY presentation of it rather than spend atleast Y40000 to get the rest of 6 Hall of Armors. 

5 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Nice!! Im getting the 7 armors but decided to skip the HoA since i didnt have any space for it. Did you PO mk 2 & 5?

Yes sir! I PO'ed both from NY. And I already emailed them requesting to upgrade the shipping from Registered Mail to EMS since I PO'ed them with some other stuff too. And already paid the extra for upgrading it with no problems. ;) 

I'm also considering this Hall of Armor instead. Though it's clear and no LEDs. But I'll probably end up doing a DIY one in the future. Michael's and any Craft Stores to the rescue. ^_^

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Yeah I never ship anything valuable like a valkyrie with anything less than EMS or other insured express method. USPS sucks nuts and it's a matter of when, not if, they will lose a package. 

Also, you need at least seven hall of armors for the first seven suits. :rolleyes:

Hey Lolicon. Actually, I used to ship my DX Valkyries PO before from Nippon-Yasan via Registered Mail just to save a few dough and I didn't have problems with it. It just so happen that one small package got lost and this is the first time that it happened to me so experiencing the hustle that goes with it, I started shipping everything EMS. Guess it's true what these Japanese shops is telling us via their FAQ that for International customers, it's better to use EMS.

Lesson learned. Charge to experience. :rolleyes:

And no, don't want to spend the extra Y40000+ just for this Hall of Armors. Hehehe. :lol:

Edited by no3Ljm

26 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Nice! You gotta have a Hall Of Armors if you're gonna collect Iron Man armors! For me, it's comic style all the way and I've been working on my display. Using the Sentinel bases like this:

*snip*

I have to agree it looks nice with the Hall of Armor thing. ;)

But as someone pointed it out to me before, I just forgot who ^_^, that displaying it just standing reminds him of this scene: 

And to be honest, he sure is right. Hehehe. :lol:

I might have to find some cool way to display them individually. The only problem I will have with what I'm thinking is how to utilize Tony's stage. But I'm sure I will come up with something. ;) I just have to talk with the wife first if she will permit me to do something crazy on one of the walls though. ^_^ 

3 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I have to agree it looks nice with the Hall of Armor thing. ;)

But as someone pointed it out to me before, I just forgot who ^_^, that displaying it just standing reminds him of this scene: 

And to be honest, he sure is right. Hehehe. :lol:

I might have to find some cool way to display them individually. The only problem I will have with what I'm thinking is how to utilize Tony's stage. But I'm sure I will come up with something. ;) I just have to talk with the wife first if she will permit me to do something crazy on one of the walls though. ^_^ 

:lol:I think I might know who you're talking about.:ph34r:

FWIW, The Iron Man armors are the only ones I'd consider displaying this way mostly because it makes sense. I'll have two armors in front that "Tony" and "Rhodey" are wearing in action poses and the rest will be in the Hall behind.

IMG_4291.thumb.JPG.ccc8d3a56628f549ee7a601cc60da353.JPG

Got this for my baby who will already be turning 3 months soon.  Time flies.  No toys for me today.  Family comes first and is most important.  Other things like taking the internet way too seriously are pointless.

49 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

This has arrived today. Now I'm ready to make my own Premium Finish Valkyries. ^_^

tu2z5vf.jpg?2

fKP9V2c.jpg?2

gcymT7Z.jpg?2

That is awesome! Looks like you finally got the decals you were looking for! We expect pics of your completed Valks! B))

25 minutes ago, barurutor said:

are those waterslide decals? how'd you get them duplicated from the sticker sheets?

Yes, waterslide decals. Got it from eBay. I haven't checked nor compared with the real sticker yet. And no time to recreate those files I have from before to create my own. So when I found some on eBay, I went and ordered and see how it looks. And it looks like each decal has pre-cut just like a regular waterslide decal. But I might try to cut it near the decal so it won't show too much when it applies.

2 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

That is awesome! Looks like you finally got the decals you were looking for! We expect pics of your completed Valks! B))

Thanks! But I still want to use the ones I got from you guys since I think most of the Hasegawa ones are complete rather than the ones Arcadia supplied. It's just that I don't have extra time to trace it. I'll probably make notes of what Hasegawa has that Arcadia doesn't have. And vice-versa. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

4 hours ago, sh9000 said:

IMG_4291.thumb.JPG.ccc8d3a56628f549ee7a601cc60da353.JPG

Got this for my baby who will already be turning 3 months soon.  Time flies.  No toys for me today.  Family comes first and is most important.  Other things like taking the internet way too seriously are pointless.

Nice pickup, babies love those and it will help their development. If you haven't got one yet, a Rock N Play sleeper could be a life saver for you and the mom. It's one of the only things our kids would sleep in for long periods before they get too big and mobile. That and a playmat like the one you got and a carrier aren't top three baby items.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

This has arrived today. Now I'm ready to make my own Premium Finish Valkyries. ^_^

tu2z5vf.jpg?2

fKP9V2c.jpg?2

gcymT7Z.jpg?2

Very nice! Hope they turn out well. I'd probably use waterslides if they came with the valks instead of or in addition to stickers. 

Edited by Slave IV

11 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Very nice! Hope they turn out well. I'd probably use waterslides if they came with the valks instead of or in addition to stickers. 

Thanks! ;)

2 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Cool sets Noel!!!! Post lots of pictures;)

Thanks Ignacio! Will do. I just need to ask a friend of mine regarding topcoating and if he's willing to help me out one weekend. ^_^

22 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Hey noel, I bought a few of those same decals lol

I look forward to seeing your work! :)

Thanks Lolicon! I need to do it soon to remove some work stress. You know, as Tony Stark said...

200w.gif

^_^

19 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks Lolicon! I need to do it soon to remove some work stress. You know, as Tony Stark said...

200w.gif

^_^

What happens when the hobby becomes stressful? :lol: This 31J kit is driving me nuts but i must finish it

16 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

What happens when the hobby becomes stressful? :lol: This 31J kit is driving me nuts but i must finish it

That just makes finishing it all the more sweeter. Considering what I have on the way I feel for you.

2 hours ago, Darotower said:

The "Clown Valkyrie" just arrived! First Arcadia's VF-1! Not the best but it is the only variant I don't have in my collection...

20170707_203050.jpg

20170707_204042.jpg

20170707_205445.jpg

20170707_205453.jpg

Oh man I always thought that the logos were all tampo printed on! So they're stickers? Boo! :angry:

Although it does look nicer without them...

12 hours ago, anubis20 said:

If that happens, I don't know what to do. Probably just sell my Valks then? :lol: 

8 hours ago, Saburo said:

its been a while since I got anything, but here is what arrived today sadly nothing Macross related.

FullSizeRender-1.thumb.jpg.0dc25ee2b9018cf2a3714c6c7c04a152.jpg

Nice Lego set. ;) 

7 hours ago, Darotower said:

The "Clown Valkyrie" just arrived! First Arcadia's VF-1! Not the best but it is the only variant I don't have in my collection...

20170707_203050.jpg

Great catch Darotower!  :good:

But to be honest, I thought the 'red-dot-headed' VF-17D is the "Clown Valkyrie"? :ph34r: :lol:
7405323066_eb0c831f7d_c.jpg

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

If that happens, I don't know what to do. Probably just sell my Valks then? :lol: 

Nice Lego set. ;) 

Great catch Darotower!  :good:

But to be honest, I thought the 'red-dot-headed' VF-17D is the "Clown Valkyrie"? :ph34r: :lol:
7405323066_eb0c831f7d_c.jpg

For some strange reason I like clowns :)

3 hours ago, sh9000 said:

IMG_4312.thumb.JPG.dac4162386dec2fa94e69fcc51e90fb7.JPG

Got ML Moon Knight for $11.99.IMG_4313.thumb.JPG.02b8fe239cb8074eb068e4e2cd0bcc1d.JPG

Also got my fifth set of HM VF-1 Super Parts.  My sixth set should be coming in later.

Now you're not only king of HMR, you seem to be king of finding MLs at incredible deals. I can't find them for full price, let alone about half price. 

4 hours ago, sh9000 said:

IMG_4313.thumb.JPG.02b8fe239cb8074eb068e4e2cd0bcc1d.JPG

Also got my fifth set of HM VF-1 Super Parts.  My sixth set should be coming in later.

That's why I can't nab a single copy of this. <_<

Care to share one for my VF-1J? :rolleyes:

18 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Now you're not only king of HMR, you seem to be king of finding MLs at incredible deals. I can't find them for full price, let alone about half price. 

I just need that Phoenix/Cyclops set.  My last resort will be to just use the rewards from my credit card to get it cheap on amazon.

17 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

That's why I can't nab a single copy of this. <_<

Care to share one for my VF-1J? :rolleyes:

Sent you a PM.

Edited by sh9000